YP-37

Started by KJ_Lesnick, December 14, 2017, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickshaw

So, in otherwords, to make this work, we would need to redesign the fighter much, much larger to allow room for all the engine accessories?   Mmm, of course, we could design the plane around the engine and it's accessories.   We could put the turbo-supercharger behind the cockpit in that case, with all the plumbing under and around the cockpit.   We could make the fuselage larger diameter then.    We could place the oil cooler and its associated plumbing under the engine, with a separate intake.   Mmm, this is starting to sound rather familiar.   Gee, could it be a P-47?    :banghead:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Pshaw, Brian a simple wave of the hand and the engineering fairies will do it up in a trice.
;D :rolleyes:

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 26, 2017, 04:11:36 PM
Pshaw, Brian a simple wave of the hand and the engineering fairies will do it up in a trice.
;D :rolleyes:

If they do can you ask them how I get in contact with their cousins the decorating elves ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KJ_Lesnick

JCF,

Looking at this, if the radiators were placed in the wing-root, would it have been feasible to put the radio and/or battery behind the cockpit, then move the cockpit forward so as to produce a plane that had contours closer to the P-40?

BTW: High altitude performance is the goal, and I'm actually planning on making a drawing of this so I need data that's accurate
That being said, I'd like to remind everybody in a manner reminiscent of the SNL bit on Julian Assange, that no matter how I die: It was murder (even if there was a suicide note or a video of me peacefully dying in my sleep); should I be framed for a criminal offense or disappear, you know to blame.

jcf