Scott Furlong Rapide ( formerly known as project 3)

Started by 63cpe, December 24, 2017, 05:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

63cpe

Yet another project started....liked the shaped of the combo of the Fairey Delta fuselage and 1/144 B-66 wings. I'm also working on another Fairey delta fuselage with Swift wings (Swift wings suit so many fuselages, just not the swift fuselage  ;D) in canard layout.

Can't think of a maker or type...please help me with that!
Your suggestions and opinion is also needed in very important questions like: should it be camo-ed and armed, should it be a demonstrator?

IMG_20171224_133553625 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20171224_133512627 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20171224_133528325 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

IMG_20171210_214954186 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

Anyway, hope you like it...

David

poru48

At first glance it looks like an Israeli Aerospace Industries modernization of an existing design with those canards. The length of the wings and canards to the fuselage could make it a high altitude recce platform.

Steel Penguin

sweet  :thumbsup:
looks kind of Angel interceptor from captain scarlet.

so possibly something like Tracy aerospace...
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Paper Kosmonaut

It also has a little reminiscence of that aircraft shape made by DARPA in the late 70's, HiMAt. It looks awesomely fast. Could it be some mid-70s cooperation between France and Britain? It has a lot of the French design elements in it but also the British aesthetics in needle-like sleek superfast experimentals.
It looks good!
dei t dut mout t waiten!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: 63cpe on December 24, 2017, 05:35:22 AM

(Swift wings suit so many fuselages, just not the swift fuselage  ;D)

Even a Swift fuselage doesn't suit a Swift fuselage................  ;D

Your Project 3 looks superb, and as Paper Kosmonaut says, it does have a certain French look to it, so how about Stylet, the French for Stiletto?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scotaidh

I rather like the name "Project 3" - seems nicely anonymous, just the job for a secret project.  :) 

However, I googled "sci-fi aircraft names" and found this name generator website:

http://www.fantasynamegenerators.com/airplane-names.php#.Wj_cjbhbyqw

Most of the names are ... not a good fit, IMHO, but there was one I liked - "Able Gull" - which also seemed to me to be a useful code-ish sort of name for a secret project aircraft.  :)

Here's the list it gave me:
Roguecharge      Monsterspark   Flyingpulse    Airmaster          Flightcharge   Gold Stork        Happy Banshee
Double Ducchess   Hot Owl            Able Gull        Littlethunder     Nightbeast      Demonwrath   Airheat
Froststorm             Classic Gull       Lone Hawk    Bad Albatross   Idle Jet            Loud Beast

Just put "Fairey" (or "Supermarine" or "Bristol" or even "Shorts") in front of one of these - hmmmm
"Fairey Demonwraith" for a night-recon platform.  :)
Love the build!  :)  Gives me ideas!  :)
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Snowtrooper

Dassault learns of Northrop's TKF-90 cooperation with MBB-Dornier the boches and become at once envious and angry, and abandoning the Mirage 2000 program along with the drafts for Rafale, decide to build their own aircraft to same specifications, calling it "Le Eurochasseur"? :wacko:

McColm

chrisonord

The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Steel Penguin

or possibly
Dewoitine misericord
the long thin shape with the hand guard rear wings
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

63cpe

Very interesting suggestions from you all, I must say... Thank YOU!

The British high speed needle shape got me thinking....how about the Scott Furlong Rapide? (thanks McColm)
Might fit as a highspeed aircraft besides the Predator VTOL. Execute it as a demonstrator (maybe pink? like a FD-2 prototype, see below), sleek and stylish in canard layout and plenty possibilities for a fighter derivative with shorter wings.

Fairey 1 by Buddy Holly, on Flickr

How 'bout that?

David

63cpe

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

63cpe