What say you, lads?

Started by The Rat, December 24, 2017, 11:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Mossie on December 25, 2017, 01:45:51 PM

The  Lansen looks to me like a beefy P-80,  so similar to the CT-133.  Is there a two seat option in the kit, if so it might act as a doppelganger to the Silver Star?

The Lansen IS a two seater as standard, in fact I don't think there ever was a single seater variant planned.

It's a much bigger aircraft than a Silver Star, about double the weight in fact.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

The Rat

1/72nd Hunter and Lansen. The Hunter looks rather dainty.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

PR19_Kit

Oh yes, the Lansen is a big bruiser of an aircraft.  :o

I went to the Swedish Aviation Museum at Linkoping a couple of times and the one they have there towers over its hangar mates.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 25, 2017, 03:14:00 PM

The Lansen IS a two seater as standard, in fact I don't think there ever was a single seater variant planned.

It's a much bigger aircraft than a Silver Star, about double the weight in fact.

I've no idea how the two seater thing escaped me, I could have sworn there were two variants.  I've looked at images to work out where I went wrong, I guess it's the shallow canopy, in three quarter views it looks single seat (to me at least)!

The size thing I understand, I just meant it's fuselage roughly resembles a P-80/T-33, especially the intake.  That might make it feel more familiar .
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

Case of the amazing disappearing post again,  I'm sure I put one in yesterday?

You did mate, I remember it  :unsure:

Must admit the size comparison with the Hunter surprises me a tad ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 26, 2017, 03:20:25 AM

Case of the amazing disappearing post again,  I'm sure I put one in yesterday?

You did mate, I remember it  :unsure:

Must admit the size comparison with the Hunter surprises me a tad ?

Especially as they have the same engine too.  :o

Regards
Kit

The Rat

This project continues at my usual glacial pace. Several areas puttied, multiple coats of Tamiya Fine White primer, starting to add the fiddly bits.

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

The Rat

Might have known this would happen. Was toying with the idea of a winter camouflage, white and light grey. Found a rattle can of light grey, but in contrast to the white it's way too dark in my opinion. So what to do now? 1 - Leave it as is, maybe. 2 - Or try to repaint over the grey with an even lighter grey, which I would mix myself. I want it almost white, so covering the present colour may not be easy. 3 - Or paint the white areas in dark green as a standard grey/green camo. Probably option 3. <sigh>

KiwiZac

I think it looks pretty good!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

The Rat

Just looked at other pictures of winter camo, some of them are even darker than this. Maybe I'll keep it. The white and ultra-light grey could go on another project.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

The Rat

BLAST IT! Just noticed that the Humbrol Maskol has destroyed the primer.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

zenrat

Oh, that's a bugger.

:banghead:

I was going to suggest you make up a white or light grey filter which would tone down the grey on there making it lighter.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

loupgarou

Ouch! From the second photo it looks like it could have damaged the plastic too!  :banghead:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.