What say you, lads?

Started by The Rat, December 24, 2017, 11:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

chrisonord

I say, sell/swap me that kit,   :wacko:but will be watching what you do with this.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Snowtrooper

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I say 'Totally logical Mr. Rat Sir'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

63cpe

Oh, yes! Can't wait to see it finished!

David

The Rat

The basic idea will probably be that Canada realised in the 50s that it needed an attack aircraft. It had the CF-100, which was the best all-weather interceptor of its time, but asking Avro to add an attack variant (Which may one day get done in an alternate-alternate history), was too much. The Lansen was a choice, and won the competition.

Simples!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

NARSES2

It is quite easy to visualise her in Maple Leaf roundels for some reason. Can definitely see her as an Avro of Canada product
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Excellent choice/combo. I hope for a NMF finish and some bright markings!

The Rat

The idea will be that Canada realised that it needed an attack aircraft, and the Lansen  was the choice. Leaning toward trying some sort of winter camouflage scheme, white and light grey.

Paper Kosmonaut

While I happily drive a big old Volvo, part of me still wishes for a Saab 96V4. So I say, any Saab is a good Saab. Saabs are used to hard winters, sturdy and all that, and Canada should have always have bought Saabs next to their other planes. Go for it! And give it a nice weathered wintersplinter camo. (-;
dei t dut mout t waiten!

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Mossie

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 25, 2017, 01:55:49 AM
It is quite easy to visualise her in Maple Leaf roundels for some reason. Can definitely see her as an Avro of Canada product

Case of the amazing disappearing post again,  I'm sure I put one in yesterday?

The  Lansen looks to me like a beefy P-80,  so similar to the CT-133.  Is there a two seat option in the kit, if so it might act as a doppelganger to the Silver Star?
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

kitnut617

I'd suggest not using those Hobbycraft decals Dave, when I tried to use them on my CF-100 they would not bed down even after pouring a gallon of microset on them. But I like your idea ----

Quote from: The Rat on December 24, 2017, 05:39:28 PM
but asking Avro to add an attack variant (Which may one day get done in an alternate-alternate history), was too much. The Lansen was a choice, and won the competition.

They actually experimented with a ground attack version, two pylons were attached under each wing. Problem was the wing, flight trials revealed it wasn't up to it ---

http://silverhawkauthor.com/images/site_graphics/Aircraft/Aircraft---Canada/Avro-CF-100-Canuck-Mk--2T--18105--F-BR.jpg
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Rick Lowe

I say 'Do it!'  :thumbsup:

Pip-pip, old chap!  ;D