Dassault BAE Rafale 899 Squadron

Started by Doug K, December 26, 2017, 08:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug K

What if the coalition had stuck to their guns and re-designed HMS Queen Elizabeth and Prince of Wales as CATOBAR carriers?
Assuming the Electromagnetic catapults could be purchased from our American friends.....

The choice is F/A18 SuperHornet, F35C or.........

IMG_1375 by doug_alba, on Flickr

IMG_1380 by doug_alba, on Flickr

Apologies for the shitty photos, camera on the blink!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Doug K on December 26, 2017, 08:26:05 AM

Assuming the Electromagnetic catapults could be purchased from our American friends.....

The bits to fit the catapult are still in there, underneath the deck, just in case.

And the model is BRILLIANT!.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Doug K

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 26, 2017, 01:58:59 PM
Quote from: Doug K on December 26, 2017, 08:26:05 AM

The bits to fit the catapult are still in there, underneath the deck, just in case.

And the model is BRILLIANT!.  :thumbsup:

Thanks, I was looking at PoW today, she's much more visible now that she's out of the dry dock.

I figured Rafale made more sense than the larger Hornet, especially as the deck and hangar will be crowded with all sorts of things (Jungly Merlins & Apaches).

Hmm, that gives me an idea, QE at 1/144th? Rafale, Merlin, Hawkeye......
Will have to wait behind HMAS Albatross, HMS Hermes & Eagle (WW2 editions) in the building queue....

chrisonord

Ooh, I likey Rafales, and most things Dasault  :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

I like the look of the Rafale in those colors, very nice! :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Glenn Gilbertson

Excellent model - and it might still happen! :thumbsup:

Doug K