F-251 Twin-Boom Mustang

Started by Tophe, December 27, 2017, 01:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Thanks!

The model is close to completion... (with pieces of sprues from a Mirage III Novo kit from Unicraft models):
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

Front end (fuselage and wings) looks a bit like the Japanese Baka flying bomb Tophe ? I do like what you are doing with this.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Tophe

Maybe, yes, thanks!

Now almost ready for paint:

Tophe

PR19_Kit

Is it a glider Tophe?

I don't see any signs of motive power anywhere.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Tophe

There are no propeller nor jet exhaust, and there are (at least) 2 hypothesis:
- this could be a secret flying bomb (glider-like, after the rocket pods are jettisoned), piloted by an American camicaze
- this could be a powered aircraft using mental force (officially this is science-fiction but secretly, who knows?)

McColm

Maybe a jet pod attached to the underside of the fuselage :banghead:

Tophe

The model is drying with another layer of paint where needed...
The canopy is not a bubble it seems, maybe this is related to the secret principle or secret role ;)

Tophe

The model is finished... Twin-Boom Mustang, yes!

From 4 side view:

A view from above shows the little asymmetry (for a top secret reason):

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Tophe on January 14, 2018, 03:59:54 AM

A view from above shows the little asymmetry (for a top secret reason):

Ah, that'd be to counteract the left turning torque effect of the mind power system. wouldn't it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Tophe

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 14, 2018, 04:03:16 AM
Ah, that'd be to counteract the left turning torque effect of the mind power system. wouldn't it?
Maybe you are right. I just know the name of this secret part: "Bad Skills" (with no explanation alas) :-\

TheChronicOne

Glorious!!! How did I miss this?!   I miss a bunch of things, though. I like to think I'm thorough with my forum browsing but apparently I am not!

Excellent work, bud!!  Love me some Tophe builds because they are so unique.   :wub: ;D :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 09, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

Glorious!!! How did I miss this?!   I miss a bunch of things, though. I like to think I'm thorough with my forum browsing but apparently I am not!

If you hit on the link at the very top of the page under where it says 'Hello TheChronicOne', entitled 'Show unread posts since last visit' the site pops them all up for you.

Not only that, if you refresh the screen (F5) at the end of your browsing session, the header line has an option which says 'Show all unread posts'.

That way you never miss anything.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 10, 2018, 01:41:35 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 09, 2018, 07:43:27 PM

If you hit on the link at the very top of the page under where it says 'Hello TheChronicOne', entitled 'Show unread posts since last visit' the site pops them all up for you.

Not only that, if you refresh the screen (F5) at the end of your browsing session, the header line has an option which says 'Show all unread posts'.

That way you never miss anything.
I do both of those religiously and still missed this the first time around!  Must have just been a busy week that week or something.   :o
-Sprues McDuck-