Main Menu

F-35 ADF

Started by DogfighterZen, December 29, 2017, 12:23:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

So, this time i won't write much of a backstory, too much on my mind to think of writing anything... The background would be: "What if the F-35 went through an evolution similar to the F-16's? The second main variant of the F-16 was the ADF(Air Defense Fighter) so, here you have the F-35ADF of the Portuguese Air Force, circa 2030.

With within visual range air combat performance in mind, Lockheed Martin engineers give priority to agility and engine power, that, coupled with all the electronic capabilities it already had, would make the F-35 a much more capable fighter.

Wingtip LAU-129 launchers would be an option added for when stealth isn't really necessary...

So, these are the best pics i could get of it indoors... Hope you guys like it, i know i do.  :angel: ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jalles

That's great! I really love that new 2D vectored thrust nozzle  :thumbsup:

Hobbes

NARSES2

That does look good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Badass, dude!! That turned out a treat and I love all the "prominent" bits of the surface and the masking work for the color variation. Futuristic looking..   I think my favorite part are the fins!!!!  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:   ( ;D I know, I know... I always seem to pick out stuff that would SEEM to be the more boring parts.... everyone is like "I like the highly sophisticated systems and anit-reducer flux coil capacitor stablizing after-blasters!"  I'm all like, "yeah I like the tires, WOOOOOOO!!  :party: :party: :party:   :rolleyes: ;D ;D ;D)

Looks like you wrapped this one up right on time, too. I'm going to have to put the pedal to the metal to catch up if I want to get anything done by midnight 31st.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Glad you like it, guys, thanks! :cheers:

Quote from: jalles on December 29, 2017, 07:51:53 AM
That's great! I really love that new 2D vectored thrust nozzle  :thumbsup:

At first, i had a hard time understanding why, following the Raptor, the newest American fighter didn't have TVC nozzles, until i watched the JSF competition documentary. I believe that nozzle wouldn't do much to lower costs per airframe but they should've added it cause, the F-35 didn't exactly come out as a cheap fighter, did it? ;D

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 29, 2017, 10:56:45 AM
Badass, dude!! That turned out a treat and I love all the "prominent" bits of the surface and the masking work for the color variation. Futuristic looking..   I think my favorite part are the fins!!!!  :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:   ( ;D I know, I know... I always seem to pick out stuff that would SEEM to be the more boring parts.... everyone is like "I like the highly sophisticated systems and anit-reducer flux coil capacitor stablizing after-blasters!"  I'm all like, "yeah I like the tires, WOOOOOOO!!  :party: :party: :party:   :rolleyes: ;D ;D ;D)

;D  :thumbsup: There isn't much besides the normal F-35 with a flat nozzle and the wingtip missiles, the "almost real world" scheme might make it a more standard F-35 so that doesn't add the extra bit of interest for some folks but that's very much how i wanted it.
The Peregrine falcon on the tails is the PoAF's 201st fighter squadron symbol, as used on their Vipers during their earlier years.
If it happened in 2030, these F-35s would replace the Vipers after 36 years of service... :o :bow: :bow:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

sandiego89

Nice mods!  Agree sometimes subtle changes are best.  Nice nozzle! 
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

And here was me thinking ADF?  Australian Defence Force?

Not my cuppa char, but very well thrown together.  :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Very nice build sir, the exhaust looks like a should have been too and very fitting too :thumbsup:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys! :bow:

In terms of modelling, the nozzle is my favorite part of the build, although next time i'll use another method to adapt and blend it in with the fuselage. Still, i think that the wingtip missiles are what give it a bonus on the looks department. When i first saw the X/F-35, i was disappointed with the size of the wings, which always looked way too small for the length of the plane... then i realized that if i took the wingtip rails off of the F-16's wings, it would also make the wings look small for that plane so, if the F-35's wings had rails and missiles, they'd look similar to F-16's wings so, i had to do it, no matter how impossible it is in real life... but, that's what we all do around here, right?  ;D  :thumbsup:

Fred, i wasn't even aware that there is the ADF... i did consider RAF and RAAF but i don't have any Lo-viz Australian markings that would suit and i've seen quite a few RAF F-35 whifs so, i decided to go with the one that has less probability of becoming reality. If it does happen, then i guess that it will be around 2030 or later...  which might not be a bad thing after all, considering that the development is taking so long, maybe by then, all the problems have been ironed out and it has finally become a fully operacional combat system... even better, what if there was an option for a land based F-35C, built like an A variant, with a solid wing(no wing fold mechanism), lighter landing gear, 25mm internal gun, instead of the gun pod... now, that would be a beauty... how long will it be till Hasegawa or Tamiya releases a 1/72 F-35C? :wacko:

:cheers:

Glenn Gilbertson

Good thinking and a great model! :thumbsup:

kitnut617

As someone who actually likes the F-35, I think you've done a very credible job on that   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Snowtrooper

Nice work with the "metallic" look in the paint. And the 2D nozzle looks more natural than the stock one!

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Glenn Gilbertson on December 30, 2017, 11:26:20 AM
Good thinking and a great model! :thumbsup:

Quote from: kitnut617 on December 30, 2017, 11:32:56 AM
As someone who actually likes the F-35, I think you've done a very credible job on that   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks, guys!  :cheers: Some would say that it could be a bit more credible without the wingtip missiles and TVC nozzle but, sadly, i think that it's even less credible because of the PoAF markings...  :banghead:
I like the F-35, and hoping that it matures to reach it's full capability, cause if/when it does, i believe it can really become a game changer... Still. i'd like to see it become more agile... :rolleyes:

Quote from: Snowtrooper on December 30, 2017, 02:57:20 PM
Nice work with the "metallic" look in the paint. And the 2D nozzle looks more natural than the stock one!

Thank you!  :cheers: