English Electric Lightning F2-J

Started by zenrat, December 29, 2017, 08:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snowtrooper

Looks the part. The shock cone is whiffery at its subtlest, not many would see what exactly is different :thumbsup:

As for the missiles, in OTL even a stock Rb 05 was reputedly capable of hitting slow, large, non-manoeuvring targets such as transport planes (supersonic bombers would have been a challenge though). So, assuming a smaller warhead and a larger rocket inside the same shape, it's quite a plausible stand-in. ;D

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rick Lowe

Kewl! And yep, white suits it very well.

zenrat

Thanks folks.
Blame the Swapshop concept.   ;D

Well spotted Dave.  I've got a large collection of Hotwheels cars including a few of the Datsuns.

Snowy - I did read that about the Rb 05 which is one reason for choosing it.  Although it is meant to be an indigenous missile and there were a few AAMs which looked similar.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Paper Kosmonaut

Well, that indeed looks gorgeous. The scheme is very fitting for the plane, it gives the Lightning the flashy appearance it deserves.
Very nice!

As a big fan of British aircraft, I still think the UK has made a big mistake in nationalising their aircraft industry. Just imagine the planes we could have had nowadays...
Oh yes, that is part of what this forum is about! (-:
dei t dut mout t waiten!

TheChronicOne

Yupppp....  pretty jealous that I didn't come up with this idea first.    ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Paper Kosmonaut on December 31, 2017, 03:28:56 AM

As a big fan of British aircraft, I still think the UK has made a big mistake in nationalising their aircraft industry. Just imagine the planes we could have had nowadays...
Oh yes, that is part of what this forum is about! (-:

We did? First I heard of it, although it was effectively nationalised some years ago, but it's now back in corporate hands.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

It should have been nationalised, along with the rest of everything when the People's Deputies took over in the 45/46 Winter Revolution...

But this is no place to discuss all that.  This is my thread and I say any arguments discussions about what did or did not or should have happened to the British Aero Industry can take place elsewhere.  Go have them in one of Kendra/Robyn/Hannah's threads.  She's due for another quiet period anyway...
;D
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Paper Kosmonaut

Sorry, It's just that I have always been fascinated by all those different types of aircraft coming from that island. The Lightning being one of them and looking great in this livery.
dei t dut mout t waiten!

zenrat

Fred

Captain Canada

Oh man that looks nice ! Great paint job on her ! Imagine seeing that in the sky  :wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

Firefox

That's a fantastic looking Lightning!  :thumbsup:

zenrat

Fred