My library just grew again 2018

Started by Rheged, December 31, 2017, 06:15:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on August 07, 2018, 03:46:11 AM
Ready Player One, Kindle download.  I'd intended to watch the movie, but based on what Fred said in the Movies thread I'd thought I'd get the book instead.  Enjoying it so far, one chapter in.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

It should be right up my street too, growing up in the eighties. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

NARSES2

From Amazon, picked up this morning.

Maonash's Masterpiece, the Battle of Le Hamel and The French on the Somme ; August 1914 to 30th June 1916.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

An Amazon purchase arrived today.

Osprey book on the Harrier

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Another bookazine from Smiths. "Secret Wings of the Luftwaffe". Yes another Luft46 tomb, but a good one. Rather oddly, or not, the cover has a picture of a B&V 215 having just shot down a French Ju 88. Or AAB-1 as they call it. Now I know they used them post war, but I've not seen that designation before.

Should have said, this one is about the tailless designs. Fascinating photos of the original drawings which in some cases have obviously been folded up so much you start to realise where the expression "napkinwaffe" comes from  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Quote from: zenrat on August 07, 2018, 03:51:02 AM
Ready Player One, Kindle download.  I'd intended to watch the movie, but based on what Fred said in the Movies thread I'd thought I'd get the book instead.  Enjoying it so far, one chapter in.

Just finished it, great stuff, cheers Fred. :mellow: :cheers: :party:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Quote from: Mossie on August 14, 2018, 10:57:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on August 07, 2018, 03:51:02 AM

Just finished it, great stuff, cheers Fred. :mellow: :cheers: :party:

Glad you enjoyed it.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

TheChronicOne

$10 for both of these, I couldn't pass it up! I wonder if there are further volumes? 

-Sprues McDuck-

Ifor

It's only the two as far as I know. I collected them and other's like them a few years back.

Rheged

I'm slowly collecting the ACTION STATIONS series of volumes, detailing every military airfield ever established in the UK. I've just got hold of the  South West  and London volumes.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

A couple more kindle downloads, for the grand sum of £1 each.

Ironclads, by Adrian Tchaikovsky.  Not bad, near future thingy about corporations openly running warfare and their top guys are holes up in virtually indestructible suits.  I wasn't entirely convinced about the concept though.

Not alone, by Craig A. Falconer.  I'm really struggling to get into it, despite some glowing reviews I'm finding it an average conspiracy yarn, I feel like I've read it before. I'll give it a bit more chance before ditching it.

Rheged

Bill Gunston's "BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD"   subtitled aircraft that flew but never took off.  Another cheap one from a charity book warehouse in Leominster.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

The Soldier by Neal Asher.
Proper Sci Fi Space Opera with evil aliens, spaceships, robots, conniving computers, mutants and massive levels of destruction.
Thoroughly recommended.

Fred

The Wooksta!

A new copy of Orwell's "1984" - I passed the last one to a mate at work (who's since left) to help him with his english.  I elected to go with the Annotated version, as there's more stuff in it, largely background stuff about Orwell himself.

I need to do this year's read of "1984" soon, probably after finishing The Collected Callan Vol. 1
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

NARSES2

Another "Bookazine" to read on the train. This time on the 100 Days Campaign of 1918.