My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Cockpit canopy masks are a boon.

I'm not inclined to spend money on stuff that can't be seen such as PE in wheel wells, burners deep inside a jet exhaust, and a lot of cockpit stuff on 1/72nd models. The ejection seat might be an exception if the top of it is especially visible.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I agree with you H.

When I first got back into the hobby I thought things like etch were de riguer, I soon learnt otherwise  :angel: I have a fair few sets of belts which I'll use if I'm posing the canopy open if not then probably tape. As said I also like the Yahu panels.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

From Rickshaw I today received a T72 and a T80.  Both by Kitech and both 1/48.

From Evil-Bay I received two more  for my Hasegawa Box Art & Font collection.
Mitsubishi F-1 Green 15 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Mitsubishi T-2 Blue Impulse JASDF Aerobatic Team Green 20 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Basically the same kit in different boxes.  I already have a T-2 but had to have this one as it's the creative font style of design but with a photo rather than a painting.
F-1 is the first release and missing the instructions.  It will be RAAF.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Chaos

Spey_Phantom

a little early wedding anniversary gift from the missus, arrived earlier this week :mellow:

-1 x 1/144 Mini Hobby Models F-4S Phantom (F-4E in box)
-2 x 1/144 Mini Hobby Models P-51D Mustang
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TallEng

A little something I picked up whilst working in Bratislava; a KP DH-88 Comet the RAF/International boxing :thumbsup:
And waiting for me at home, I hope 2x Special Hobby Meteor T7.5, one of which might join the RAF. (I mean in normal squadron service, as I believe a few T7.5 served in the RAF attached to various special units)
And Xtradecals 1Sqn 100th anniversary.
Regards
Keith
The British have raised their security level from "Miffed" to "Peeved". Soon though, security levels may be raised yet again to "Irritated" or even "A Bit Cross". Londoners have not been "A Bit Cross" since the Blitz in 1940 when tea supplies ran out for three weeks

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on August 17, 2018, 11:47:10 AM

......as I believe a few T7.5 served in the RAF attached to various special units)

There were indeed, the Ferry Training Unit at RAF Benson had two of them, as well as a whole slew of standard T7s on their consist. The CO flew one of them, naturally.  ;D

I know this as I was there at the time.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

All the junk from the last 2+ weeks is all here aside from a couple of books. Ol' boy was on vacation or something so they are taking eons to get here.

These four were just under $40 after shipping:

The poor BAC 111 has suffered tremendous impact damage and the fuselage halves are both busted into multiple pieces. Whatever it was that wrecked the box top also wrecked the plastic inside but good thing is it can all be glued back together and sanded straight. Gotta rescue these old kits!!! I'll resurrect into something. I want to make it a what-if so I don't have to do all the "corrections" to it.  ;D

Another for my Presidential Collection, it was a measely $6 and about $10-11 for shipping. Kit itself has issues but oh well. I still like it:

These next four I got for $23.50 after shipping...   A pretty interesting spread. The Albatros looks really nice... the lozenge transfers are really cool. The Italian plane is really neat, too. I have the MB 326K already so they'll go good together! They uhh... other Albatros is always nice. Eduard and comes with all the neat extras.

And of course who doesn't love a Wright Flyer?! Maybe I'll cram some J79s in it and paint it SEA camo.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 17, 2018, 03:14:42 PM

And of course who doesn't love a Wright Flyer?! Maybe I'll cram some J79s in it and paint it SEA camo.

;D ;D ;D ;D

That'd go down a storm at an IPMS competition!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

;D

Yeah, it'd be less "what if" and more "an affront to the model building community as a whole."  Bets would be placed on what gets thrown out the door quicker --- me, or it the smoke billowing supersonic Wright Flyer.  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

At an IPMS event in the US it would be put in the Flights of Fancy/Hypotheticals category
and most people wouldn't care. It certainly wouldn't have you shown the door.

TheChronicOne

Assuredly, I'd always assume a copacetic group of individuals would be the norm in any group, yet, there's alway's that one.   ;D ;D   I could walk out my front door right now and throw a $100 bill on the ground and the person who picked it up would complain about the strain of having to bend over and tell me I should have placed it on a table instead.
-Sprues McDuck-

Rheged

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 17, 2018, 08:13:00 PM
Assuredly, I'd always assume a copacetic group of individuals would be the norm in any group, yet, there's alway's that one.   ;D ;D   I could walk out my front door right now and throw a $100 bill on the ground and the person who picked it up would complain about the strain of having to bend over and tell me I should have placed it on a table instead.

We've all met individuals like this!   Like the great mastodons of old, they roam the landscape looking for an umbrage to take.  My little sister  practices what she calls "VENOMOUS COURTESY" toward such persons.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

I just had six tubes of my fave Presto putty arrive from Leipzig in Germany after Dizzy gave me an ace link to a seller on ebay. I'm astonished that it came so fast, superb service there.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Rheged on August 18, 2018, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 17, 2018, 08:13:00 PM

We've all met individuals like this!   Like the great mastodons of old, they roam the landscape looking for an umbrage to take.  My little sister  practices what she calls "VENOMOUS COURTESY" toward such persons.

Unfortunately they seem attracted to Post Offices so I get to deal with them at work.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..