My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Two LARGE cans of Halfords Grey Primer.  :thumbsup:

After an excruciating 1.5 hour, 20 mile trip into Gloucester this morning. Quite how the contractors for the road works west of Glos can have the nerve to put a sign that says 'We're conscientious contractors' I have no idea! They haven't the first idea about traffic management.  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2018, 08:17:57 AM
Two LARGE cans of Halfords Grey Primer.  :thumbsup:

After an excruciating 1.5 hour, 20 mile trip into Gloucester this morning. Quite how the contractors for the road works west of Glos can have the nerve to put a sign that says 'We're conscientious contractors' I have no idea! They haven't the first idea about traffic management.  :banghead: :banghead:

I have a long-running roadwork (new bypass) with traffic lights on the way to work, which is just past a regular junction with traffic lights. It all used to be fine, but they recently re-arranged the roadworks a bit, changed the light programming, and now it's a disaster. As far as I can tell, what happens is that the roadworks lights let more traffic through than will fit between it and the junction. Thus, if the junction's lights are on red, the traffic backs up into the roadworks, so when the latter's lights change, the traffic coming from the junction can't go through the roadworks, even though they're on green. This causes that traffic to back up through the junction, which jams it, and chaos ensues until the two sets of light get slowly into phase again. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

McColm

Won on eBay 1/72 Monogram B/RB-36H, some parts have been painted but it looks all the parts are there.

The Wooksta!

From ebay:
KPM Spitfire joypack - the one with the Czech decals.  I only bid on it out of habit with a cheeky low bid.  Not like I need any more bearing mind I have five already.  And as luck would have it, I win it.
S&M HP Hastings.  At a final price of £133, this saved me a few bob on the RRP of £150 plus P&P.  £17? Not a lot, true, but bearing in mind part of the nice cheque that arrived from Royal London for me paid for at least a hundred notes of it anyway, I'm not complaining.  I'll reveal what the other £180 went on once it arrives... Along with a few other goodies which I literally couldn't resist.

From Uncle Frank:
2 x KPM Spitfire Vc
Eduard Spitfire HFVIII Weekend Edition.  Ordered just for the decals as I have at least ten of the mk VIIIs already and the bits are there.  May have to get another just for spare decals for The Plan.  I also like the profiles on the box but then I'm a sucker for the high altitude day fighter scheme.

From a mate
A box of built Spitfire wrecks - total of four.  One is a seriously damaged AZ mk 9 T bird but it looks a lot more appealing as a salvage job than either the Brigade conversion or the old M&E conversion do as complete builds and I've got them out to toy with.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

nighthunter

My stash just grew with an "old" 1/72 Frog Spitfire Mk.XIV and V-1 Buzz Bomb dual kit. A local gentleman with the local IPMS club stated that he had built the kit when it was newer and though the Spit was crap but the V-1 was passible. Looking to those who have built this kit, what are your thoughts chaps?
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Rheged on August 18, 2018, 12:49:09 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 17, 2018, 08:13:00 PM
Assuredly, I'd always assume a copacetic group of individuals would be the norm in any group, yet, there's alway's that one.   ;D ;D   I could walk out my front door right now and throw a $100 bill on the ground and the person who picked it up would complain about the strain of having to bend over and tell me I should have placed it on a table instead.

We've all met individuals like this!   Like the great mastodons of old, they roam the landscape looking for an umbrage to take.  My little sister  practices what she calls "VENOMOUS COURTESY" toward such persons.

;D      Sounds like that and "malicious compliance" would go hand in hand.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Quote from: nighthunter on August 18, 2018, 06:30:39 PM
My stash just grew with an "old" 1/72 Frog Spitfire Mk.XIV and V-1 Buzz Bomb dual kit. A local gentleman with the local IPMS club stated that he had built the kit when it was newer and though the Spit was crap but the V-1 was passible. Looking to those who have built this kit, what are your thoughts chaps?

The Spitfire is salvageable with a new wing.  I'm looking at an unfinished Tr21 that used a new resin mk 21 wing and a resin T bird spine.  You're UK based?  I may have a spare one somewhere.  You'll also need a new u/c and wheels, plus a vacform canopy because the kit ones are shocking.  And a cockpit interior, because Frog give you a bench for the pilot and a bulkhead.

Basically, it's of it's time and is what it is.  Old but workable.  Best treated as a conversion fuselage.  This thread has an in progress shot of one being turned into a whiff based on the first Spiteful prototype.
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,26002.msg379181.html

Tr21 WIP shot.  There's very little of the orriginal Frog/Novo kit left...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

PR19_Kit

Ooooh, I like that Tr21.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That FROG Mk XIV canopy is about a scale foot thick from memory, terrible!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 18, 2018, 12:52:06 AM
I just had six tubes of my fave Presto putty arrive from Leipzig in Germany after Dizzy gave me an ace link to a seller on ebay. I'm astonished that it came so fast, superb service there.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad to help!  :lol:

nighthunter

Wooksta,

I'm US based, and I'm wanting to build it oob, with a few upgrades, and of course, Whiff the heck out of it. I'm not much of a super detailer. 

I'm interested in clipping it's wings, but I don't know what purpose that served, other than I think it looks cool

chrisonord

Bit of an impulse buy as I don't build early RAF jets as a rule, but they were cheap, and will be part of the same squadron as my currently stalled Avro arrow. Frog Gloucester, javelin, and a matchbox Armstrong whitworth meteor NF 12. I am thinking of doing them as fictitious 19 squadron aircraft based in Germany
Chris.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

The Wooksta!

Quote from: nighthunter on August 19, 2018, 07:38:48 AM
Wooksta,

I'm US based, and I'm wanting to build it oob, with a few upgrades, and of course, Whiff the heck out of it. I'm not much of a super detailer. 

I'm interested in clipping it's wings, but I don't know what purpose that served, other than I think it looks cool

Clipping the wings increases the rate of roll and increases the effectiveness of the tailplanes without having to enlarge them.  The bubbletop Spits had stability issues, especially with the rear fuselage fuel tank fitted so rather than enlarge the tailplanes, they clipped the wings.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 19, 2018, 04:40:44 AM
Ooooh, I like that Tr21.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That FROG Mk XIV canopy is about a scale foot thick from memory, terrible!

It's not that far from completion, if I can find the focus, inspiration and energy to do it.

"Visit Scarfolk today!"

The Plan:

nighthunter

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 19, 2018, 08:37:24 AM
Quote from: nighthunter on August 19, 2018, 07:38:48 AM
Wooksta,

Clipping the wings increases the rate of roll and increases the effectiveness of the tailplanes without having to enlarge them.  The bubbletop Spits had stability issues, especially with the rear fuselage fuel tank fitted so rather than enlarge the tailplanes, they clipped the wings.
It's the Razorback "Mk.XIV", so... Whiffworld here we come!

Dizzyfugu

A cheap Fujimi 1:72 AH-1J from ev!lbay.