My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

After searching through zillions of tins of paint for some Hemp to do the upper surfaces of my'PR9' I found I'd never, ever bought any! So I dragged myself off to my LHS (20 miles away....) and bought out their entire stock, three tinlets of it.

I also collected a Revell Hunter FGA9, even if it was £20. You can never really have enough Hunters, can you?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

2 smashing looking things Wooksta  :thumbsup:
I nearly got one earlier this year, had an attack of common sense, and then had my graphics card burn out  :banghead:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

The Wooksta!

I can't recommend the pursuit ship highly enough.  It's a superb kit.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Dizzyfugu

A Hasegawa 1:72 Panzer IV Ausf. F, as a conversion basis.

Gondor

My stash increased today with the arival of a box from PR19_Kit containg

4 x 1/144 RR RB 211-200 engines to go onto my C-5 Galaxy

1 x 1/72 Hawker Hunter two seat nose for a conversion plan I have

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 23, 2018, 10:27:33 AM
A Hasegawa 1:72 Panzer IV Ausf. F, as a conversion basis.

Takes me back a bit. I'd completely forgotten about their armour. When I was wargaming I can still remember being staggered by the difference in size between their Sherman and the Airfix one  :o
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

1/72 vs 1/76?  Yeah, there is a quite noticeable difference isn't there.

There is between 1/35 & 1/32, too, which is why I have trouble understanding the few companies (Airfix included) who haven't changed scales for "big armour".
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Gondor

Rescued from the sorting office an ebay purchase

1 x 1/72 Airfix Sea Harrier FRS1. A bit dissapointed as I was expecting a self contained model only to get a wrapped up Sea Harrier from a Falklands Aircraft Set, just as well I plan to make this an Indian Navy aircraft.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 24, 2018, 07:41:41 AM

There is between 1/35 & 1/32, too, which is why I have trouble understanding the few companies (Airfix included) who haven't changed scales for "big armour".

Yup. 1/32 was the old 54mm "Toy Soldier" scale. Very much seen as "the British scale" back in the day. Mind you the real fun started when you got into white metal wargames figures and tried to find some compatibility between different manufacturer's ideas of what was 20mm or 25mm, and we won't even go near Jack Scruby's 1" figures  :angel: Still the same to this day  :banghead:

jcf

1/32 is also one of the standard architectural drawing scales, 3/8" = 1', which is half
1/16th (3/4" = 1'), which in turn was a common scale in flying scale modelling during
the Golden Age of the '30s. Both influenced the choice of scale in the introduction of
1/32 scale automobile models, which, as Chris points out, also aligned with the already
existing 54mm 'toy soldiers' of which Britains was the best known and who had started
introducing military vehicles into their product line post-WWII.

As to Airfix shifting to 1/35, why? That would require retooling of their handful of armour,
figure, and accessory kits, and realistically the business case just isn't there for that, or
newarmour kits in 1/35, what with all of the current competition in the scale. Ditto
Monogram and their old 1/32 armour.

Ah, Jack Scruby, that brings back memories.  :wacko:

Dizzyfugu

Just dropped by at my LHS for some paint, but found in the bargain corner 2nd hand kits from another modeler's collection, and I left with an unplanned Revell BAe Hawk (EUR 2.50,-) and a Hobby Boss A-7B (EUR 7.50,-). Complete, just the boxes with some wear - but both were so cheap I could not resist...  :rolleyes:

chrisonord

Purchased myself the Pegasus JS-2 tank kits in 1/72nd scale. Only because I have been looking at what I could do with one while I built my PST IS-2MT armoured tow tractor, which has been modified too. I think I could make a half decent self propelled gun, slightly bigger than the T 34 one I built. The other one could get fitted with a T-55 turret and gun.
I have also got myself a cheapish arkmodel yak 141 too. I have managed to get some modeling done between looking after a poorly dog, a poorly motorcycle, and looking after myself during problems with my new hip, so I should have some pictures up soon
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on August 25, 2018, 02:01:21 PM
I have managed to get some modeling done between looking after a poorly dog, a poorly motorcycle, and looking after myself during problems with my new hip, so I should have some pictures up soon

Well hopefully that's the three, so things should start getting better  :thumbsup: