My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Three vacforms of somewhat dubious parentage, a Miles Monitor, a Grumman Guardian and a Fairey Albacore, all from sidehsowbob9's surplus collection.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2018, 09:23:08 AM
Three vacforms of somewhat dubious parentage, a Miles Monitor, a Grumman Guardian and a Fairey Albacore, all from sidehsowbob9's surplus collection.  :thumbsup:

Well the Big Book says that the Miles Monitor could either be a Contrails kit or an Aircraft in Miniature re-pop, the Guardian though is a bit more hazy, could be an AirModel, Esoteric, O'Neill or RarePlane. The Albacore again a bit hazy, AirModel, Formaplane or O'Neill. O'Neill kits could be counted out though, apparently he only did personal deals for his kits at model shows he attended (in the USA)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

No actual models added to my stash today but I did get a new tin of Halfords Grey Plastic Primer as my current tin is getting low.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 29, 2018, 09:56:30 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 29, 2018, 09:23:08 AM

Well the Big Book says that the Miles Monitor could either be a Contrails kit or an Aircraft in Miniature re-pop, the Guardian though is a bit more hazy, could be an AirModel, Esoteric, O'Neill or RarePlane. The Albacore again a bit hazy, AirModel, Formaplane or O'Neill. O'Neill kits could be counted out though, apparently he only did personal deals for his kits at model shows he attended (in the USA)

Yes, the Monitor is a Contrail kit, and the Guardian looks very similar in moulding characteristics. The Albacore looks decidedly Formaplane in nature.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Officially added to the stash:

Esci 1/35 T-55

Semiofficially:

World War Toons:
T-34/76
Sherman Firefly
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

NARSES2

Quote from: nighthunter on September 29, 2018, 02:46:06 PM

Semiofficially:

World War Toons:
T-34/76
Sherman Firefly

Well I'm intrigued enough to ask  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 30, 2018, 05:23:48 AM
Quote from: nighthunter on September 29, 2018, 02:46:06 PM

Semiofficially:

World War Toons:
T-34/76
Sherman Firefly

Well I'm intrigued enough to ask  ;)
Based on tanks, aircraft and ships from a video game, that I've not had the fortune to play. There's a a whole line of them by Meng, and they're a neat and cute kit.

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Howard of Effingham

From the excellent show at St Ives hosted by IPMS Brampton today......

1/72 Special Hobby Saab J-21R
1/72 Special Hobby Blohm and Voss Bv155 V1 [finally got my mitts on one at the third attempt!]
1/72 Sword RF-84F Thunderflash.

also amongst a large box of surplus enamel paint from I think the IPMS Clacton stand was an unopened pot of Xtracolor X33 RAF 31 Sqn Mixed Green which as only one batch was ever made AFAIK about 15-20 years ago is RARER than rocking horse doo-da's!  ;D
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

What's special about the Mixed Green please?

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

From Uncle Frank:
Eduard Spitfire HFVIII weekend
My second example, largely for the decals as all the bits for the HF are in the standard and Profipack VIII anyway.
Special Hobby Vampire F1
Plus Maskol, Humbrol filler and Plasticweld

From ebay
KP Spitfire IX c/e Czech boxing
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Nick

At St Ives today I sold a load of kits and books, made enough to pay for......

1x bottle Micro Sol
1x bottle Micro Set
1x bacon sandwich (breakfast)
1x burger and chips (lunch)  ;D

TheChronicOne

Now THAT is a glorious haul!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2018, 01:38:13 PM
What's special about the Mixed Green please?

That got me interested too, did a search and found you can get it at Flash Aviation
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

strobez

I'm helping my son launch a water bottle rocket for a school project and after the 3rd attempt at a launch pad proved not be either air or water tight under pressure, I finally caved at went to the LHS to lay down $20 on a fancy spring-loaded, trigger release contraption from Academy's Edu-line...

I so was ticked off at having to admit defeat that the only thing that could console me was the Italeri 1/72 SM.81 Pipistrello... and a Hasegawa 1/72 Harrier - the latest Area 88 release. It seemed to have done the trick... all's well that ends with an addition to the stash. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

I never even heard of this Pipistrello thing! ;D Nice.
-Sprues McDuck-