My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

Just back from a quick trip to Glasgow, where I dropped into Scott's Models.
Not after anything in particular, I was just suffering from withdrawal symptoms having not been in a model shop for literaly many months.
Came home with an AFV Club SH-3A/D 1/144 scale.
Looks very nice indeed.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

A re-popped AMT 1966 Ford Galaxie 500, mainly as it has a Ford 427 SOHC 'Cammer' engine included, which is going into my JPS dragster for the Racing GB.

Thanks Fred Zenrat for the tip, it looks WONDERFUL!  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

rickshaw

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 08, 2018, 03:15:38 PM
Quote from: NARSES2 on October 08, 2018, 06:20:44 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 08, 2018, 03:44:17 AM
Nice. Austin is ALMOST within range of being a place I could travel to, but not quite. Even though we're neighbor states that still something like a 10 hour drive.  :o ;D

Now that's one of the things that fascinates me about N America and Australia, the huge distances between what those of us in Europe would consider to be next door neighbours. I can walk to the next county in about 20 minutes. Mind you we are almost on the Surrey/Kent border where I am  :angel:

It's pretty substantial, the sheer size of the place. Not just the U.S., but Texas all by its lonesome. You could drive a straight line from one corner of the state to another, start at sunrise and still be in Texas by sunset with plenty of miles to spare. It's just under 1,000 miles from Texline, Texas to Brownsville Texas. Lawton to Austin isn't even near that, but it's still equivalent to going from London to Luxembourg. Then there's the return trip...

There used to be a cartoon about that downunder, many years ago during WWII.  A US Soldier is talking to an old timer in the Australian Bush and mentions how big Texas is and how long the train takes to get from one end to the other.  The old timer replies, "Yep, we got trains that slow here downunder too..."  ;) ;) 
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

strobez

Ever have one of those days where an opportunity to lighten your wallet seems to find you around every corner?  :mellow:

My day job took me a bit further afield than regularly today, so on my way home I stopped by an "out of the way" part of Seoul I don't normally visit.  There's a "kidult" shopping floor in the "Int'l Electronics Centre" in Nambu. It's a mix of PlayStation video games, anime "cuteness", Gundam kits and pricey Iron Man statues. There is a hobby shop there, but it's usually only got Gundam kits and overpriced Trumpetor tanks/ships.

Anyway, one of the stalls had a box of old, obviously unloved, models sitting out front and low and behold there was a 1/144 Panda B-1 Lancer just waiting for me to scoop it into my arms for the princely sum of $5.  When I went inside the store I also found a couple of Bandai Ghibli kits (namely The Laputa Flapter and Nausicaa's Mehve glider) for a reasonable $15 and $12.

Deciding to push my luck, I wandered through the stalls lined with tiny cats, cookies, dancing sunflower babies and pushed through until I found one lonely corner with a few offerings of the Kaiyodo World Tank Museum gashapon (capsule) kits.  I was able to snag a 1/144 T-61 tank (which I confused with a T-62, but whatever) and a AH-1S Cobra.  I had my choice of neon green or clear plastic... went with the clear, for $3 each.

The icing on the cake was when I wondered across the street to the "dollar store" and was able to find a stash of the little wooden boxes I've been using as bases for my Tintin builds.  For whatever reason, they've gone scarce recently, but I was able to grab all nine off the shelf... which, when added to the spare ones I already have, should just about see me through to the conclusion of my current project plans.

Of course I'll still keep my eye out for a few more for the stash... just in case.
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Good score.  Don't you love it when the universe conspires to do you a favour for a change?

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

The JPS decals for my Racing GB build arrived from Germany. These are SERIOUSLY good, and as the trailer for the JPS team is so big I'm going to get some larger scale versions of the same decals too.

For car guys this ebay seller has some good stuff, well worth looking at.

This is the link to his entire stock, all 9000+ items!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/acb-shop/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: rickshaw on October 09, 2018, 11:57:25 PM

There used to be a cartoon about that downunder, many years ago during WWII.  A US Soldier is talking to an old timer in the Australian Bush and mentions how big Texas is and how long the train takes to get from one end to the other.  The old timer replies, "Yep, we got trains that slow here downunder too..."  ;) ;)

There's a version of that on the classic car forums. In the 1970s a Texas rancher is telling a British farmer how great his state is, the size of his herd, how much bigger his ranch is and how it takes him all day to get from one end to the other. Our British farmer says "Yarp, I got me a Land Rover what goes that slow too."

Rheged

Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2018, 09:24:24 AM

There's a version of that on the classic car forums. In the 1970s a Texas rancher is telling a British farmer how great his state is, the size of his herd, how much bigger his ranch is and how it takes him all day to get from one end to the other. Our British farmer says "Yarp, I got me a Land Rover what goes that slow too."

The variant I was told is that the rancher says "It takes me all day to drive across my ranch in my Jeep"  Farmer's response is "You should have bought a Landrover"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Gondor

Received from eBay today

1 x 1/48 Airfix Seafire Mk 46/47

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rick Lowe

Quote from: Rheged on October 10, 2018, 10:09:40 AM
Quote from: Nick on October 10, 2018, 09:24:24 AM

The variant I was told is that the rancher says "It takes me all day to drive across my ranch in my Jeep"  Farmer's response is "You should have bought a Landrover"

One version I heard was how the Texan, having annoyed his Aussie host more than enough about how much bigger and better things were in Texas, was startled to see a Kangaroo bounding along. He asked what the (unprintable) it was, and was told it was one of the local Fleas...

And when he picked up a Watermelon was told to "Either buy that Grape or put it down."

Rick Lowe

I found this site recently - as recently as last night, in fact - and I can see that they will probably be getting a few of my hard-earned Pacific Pesos...
Apparently aimed primarily at wargamers, but very useful stuff for other genres, too:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/scenery-accessories/350-100x-resin-skulls-sack-skulls.html

There's a plethora of stuff, including these:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/scenery-accessories/307-flexible-sandbags-x25.html

which will help dress up a Sherman very nicely.

The Chaos

TheChronicOne

Nice. Austin is ALMOST within range of being a place I could travel to, but not quite. Even though we're neighbor states that still something like a 10 hour drive.  :o ;D

Now that's one of the things that fascinates me about N America and Australia, the huge distances between what those of us in Europe would consider to be next door neighbours. I can walk to the next county in about 20 minutes. Mind you we are almost on the Surrey/Kent border where I am  :angel:

It's pretty substantial, the sheer size of the place. Not just the U.S., but Texas all by its lonesome. You could drive a straight line from one corner of the state to another, start at sunrise and still be in Texas by sunset with plenty of miles to spare. It's just under 1,000 miles from Texline, Texas to Brownsville Texas. Lawton to Austin isn't even near that, but it's still equivalent to going from London to Luxembourg. Then there's the return trip...

Ha!!!   ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 10, 2018, 02:22:30 PM

Ha!!!   ;D ;D

Or as the saying goes:

Britain is a place where they think 100 miles is a long distance, while America is a place where they think 100 years is a long time...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones