My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Rick Lowe

McColm

VEB IL-86 and Tu-134, not too sure on the scale.

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: McColm on February 06, 2018, 01:05:36 AM
VEB IL-86 and Tu-134, not too sure on the scale.

Should all be 1:100. Nice finds!

Old Wombat

Good stash reboot, AeroplaneDriver! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

Gondor

Arrived yesterday

1 x 1/144 Roden Super VC-10. THis makes a total of five of these that I have in one guise or another, I should really finnish of the one I started and start work on others as well  :banghead:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

One of Colin Frieghtdog's Canberra P.12 fighter conversion kits arrived with commendable speed, as usual.

My, what big missiles those Red Deans are too! AND it comes with a Double Scorpion rocket pack as well, saves me scratching one.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 07, 2018, 06:49:42 AM
One of Colin Frieghtdog's Canberra P.12 fighter conversion kits arrived with commendable speed, as usual.

My, what big missiles those Red Deans are too! AND it comes with a Double Scorpion rocket pack as well, saves me scratching one.  :thumbsup:

The company I'm working for now made the pressure suits for the crew of the Canberra that used the rocket pack to set a new world altitude record.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 07, 2018, 06:38:54 PM

The company I'm working for now made the pressure suits for the crew of the Canberra that used the rocket pack to set a new world altitude record.

That was (is....) WK163, currently owned by the 'Vulcan to the Sky' group who plan to fly her again, the Canberra I mean.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

I had been hearing of these on sale but figured it might only be in one store.... then I heard of another at another store hundreds of miles away so I figured I'd better go check my local Hobby Lobby and sure enough, the C-54s were marked down from $50 to $12.50. I went ahead and snagged both of the ones they had.

So now I have three of these. (The first one I bought was at a good discount, too, but not $12.50! ).  One will be USAF Thunderbirds and I'll probably make one just like the box and then.... maybe... turn one into a what if or something..   :unsure:

So, if you live in the US and have a Hobby Lobby nearby, and want one of these, now would be a good time!
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That's a LOT of plastic for your money.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2018, 08:45:57 AM
I had been hearing of these on sale but figured it might only be in one store.... then I heard of another at another store hundreds of miles away so I figured I'd better go check my local Hobby Lobby and sure enough, the C-54s were marked down from $50 to $12.50. I went ahead and snagged both of the ones they had.

So now I have three of these. (The first one I bought was at a good discount, too, but not $12.50! ).  One will be USAF Thunderbirds and I'll probably make one just like the box and then.... maybe... turn one into a what if or something..   :unsure:

So, if you live in the US and have a Hobby Lobby nearby, and want one of these, now would be a good time!
Good luck for your build, the Revell kit isn't without it's problems.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 08, 2018, 10:52:59 AM
That's a LOT of plastic for your money.  :thumbsup:
Yezzir!  This made my day right here.... after all the bills and groceries and stuff I was left with just $30 to spend on "fun stuff" and that turned out to be just enough to cover these. On the other hand, though... it kind of makes me sad to see that they had to mark them down so far, if that makes any sense? I'm weird that way..  Makes it seem like no one wanted them or .... that them stocking things like this is a waste of shelf space, etc.

Oh well, they've found a good home with me and I guess that counts for something!  :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: McColm on February 08, 2018, 11:25:49 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 08, 2018, 08:45:57 AM

Good luck for your build, the Revell kit isn't without it's problems.
Thanks!!   It'll be next winter, at the earliest, before I even consider this thing. Should be at some point before the end of 5 years, however.   ;D    (loose time frame I've given myself to build all the Thunderbirds stuff, including a few Thunberds whifs)
-Sprues McDuck-