My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick

I didn't buy any kits or anything at Huddersfield. This worried me a little bit.
So on Tuesday while staying at my sister's in Middlesbrough I went to her new local Boyes. They sell everything for the home except actual model kits  :o
You can get the wide range of Humbrol paints, Vallejo paints, brushes, cutting mats, scalpels and the like.

I bought a new pair of spring-loaded snip cutters for getting parts off sprues and an X-Acto razor saw set which has a handle and two different blades. Cheaper than the show traders!

Gondor

Picked up a package from Model Hobbies

1 x 1/144 Trumpeter Tu-16 Badger G

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Received a Flightpath Tiger engined Whitley conversion yesterday, sans fins.  It may well go on a Frog one I have in the stash that I didn't have any plans for.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Squizzette

One of my housemates wants to have a go at this modeling thing so we had a visit a hobby store not too far away.

My stash increased with the additional of 1 x 1/72 Airfix Nimrod and 1 x 1/72 Hasegawa F2 and T4 Anniversary Double Kit. Budgets are just guidelines anyway.  :rolleyes:

My housemate had been thinking of a simple beginner kit, and perhaps a truck, and after a good period of looking at almost every kit in the place, she did finally get herself an Airfix 1/32 VW Beetle starter set. She then spent a good couple of hours after we got home watching build videos while peering at the sprues. Oh, and fear not guys, I shall not be letting her actually attempt to glue anything on the kit with the included "tube of cement"  ;D

Squizz
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

Old Wombat

Quote from: Squizzaa on February 18, 2018, 01:40:38 PM
Oh, and fear not guys, I shall not be letting her actually attempt to glue anything on the kit with the included "tube of cement"  ;D

Squizz

Good lad! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

McColm

Won on eBay:
1/24 Frog Austin 1100 4 door saloon converted into a slot car. In need of restoration.
1/96 HP Victor

PR19_Kit

I thought I was trying to cut down on the stock in The Loft, but that seems not to be the case...........  :banghead:

Two parcels arrived today, one from Leading Observer (Top Bloke BTW  :thumbsup:) containing a Hasegawa F-106  :wub: and an Emhar FJ-4B Fury, and the second from Plastic Pastimes containing an ex-FROG Sea Vixen  ;) and Sea Venom. I didn't actually need the Sea Venom but it came as part of the bid on eBay.

And I know there's another parcel on its way from the Czech Republic too!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Modelling_Mushi

Oh, and fear not guys, I shall not be letting her actually attempt to glue anything on the kit with the included "tube of cement"  ;D

And please keep the super-glue safely locked away ... I'm still not welcome at one in-laws place due to a 'glue malfunction', teak table and nine year old cousin's index finger  :rolleyes:
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 19, 2018, 02:05:00 AM
I thought I was trying to cut down on the stock in The Loft, but that seems not to be the case...........  :banghead:

Two parcels arrived today, one from Leading Observer (Top Bloke BTW  :thumbsup:) containing a Hasegawa F-106  :wub: and an Emhar FJ-4B Fury, and the second from Plastic Pastimes containing an ex-FROG Sea Vixen  ;) and Sea Venom. I didn't actually need the Sea Venom but it came as part of the bid on eBay.

And I know there's another parcel on its way from the Czech Republic too!  :o

Well my parcels from Leading Observer and the Czech Republic both arrived this morning, within 45 mins of each other... ;D

(all 1/72nd scale)

From Leading Observer's sale:

Trumpeter North American F-107A
KP Convair XFY-1 Pogo

From Special Hobby:

Azur Vautour IIN 'French Air Force'
Azur PZL P-24 A/C 'Turkish Air Force'
Azur Koolhoven FK-58C.1 with Gnome-Rhone engine
MPM North American X-15A-2 (the one with external tanks, dummy ramjet and white paint)

I was thinking that the Vautour could get the R.511 AAMs from a couple of Airfix Mirages, but looking at pics online, their wings seem to be so inaccurate that it may not be worthwhile. Mind you, they could be experimental versions...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Later on this morning I too got my parcel from Special Hobby too!  :thumbsup:

That's six new kits in less than 6 hrs, MOST unlike me!  :o

My batch included the same Vautour as yours H, and the Mirage F1 is amazing, loads of extra bits and pieces.  ;D ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Squizzette

Quote from: Modelling_Mushi on February 19, 2018, 02:27:25 AM

And please keep the super-glue safely locked away ... I'm still not welcome at one in-laws place due to a 'glue malfunction', teak table and nine year old cousin's index finger  :rolleyes:

LMAO, I'll keep that in mind. Fortunately she won't need it for the Beetle.

Squizz
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

Old Wombat

Arrived at last! :thumbsup:

Quote from: Old Wombat on February 11, 2018, 12:02:29 AM
Should be here Wednesday from BNA Models;

Kits (weird scale & ship scale):
1 x Eduard 1/72 Aero L-39ZA Albatros - Weekend Edition (ED 7427)
1 x Revell-Monogram 1/72 Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor (RV 85-5984)
1 x Revell Models 1/72 Grumman F-14D Super Tomcat (RV 03960)
1 x Trumpeter 1/350 Grumman A-6E Intruder (6pcs) (TR 06224)

Figures:
1 x Alpine Miniatures 1/35 US Tanker Vietnam War Set (2 Figures, Each with 2 Different Heads) (ALP-35162)

Detail Sets:
5 x RB Models1/35 Aerial Base for British Tanks (e.g., Comet, Churchill...) (RB 35A07)
1 x DEF Model1/35 US M706 (V100) Commando Sagged Wheels Set for Hobby Boss kits #82418/82419 (4 wheels) (DEF-DW35037)
1 x Master Models 1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk.IIC Hispano Mk.I 20mm Cannons (w/Flat Recoil Springs)(4pcs) (AM-48-084)
1 x Eduard 1/48 Hawker Sea Hurricane Coloured Self-Adhesive Photoetch for Italeri kit (ED FE631)

The F-22 is a BIG plane! :o

F-22 & F-14 are going to be RAAF; Aero L-39ZA Albatros is going to be a RAN/RAM advanced trainer.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

A third ARII 1:100 VF-1 from Macross, this time it's another "J", for USD 8.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 19, 2018, 09:12:43 AM
Later on this morning I too got my parcel from Special Hobby too!  :thumbsup:

That's six new kits in less than 6 hrs, MOST unlike me!  :o

My batch included the same Vautour as yours H, and the Mirage F1 is amazing, loads of extra bits and pieces.  ;D ;D

Yeah, I've just been going through the PZL 24A/C kit. The -A vs -C differences are guns, canopy and trivia, but there are FOUR engine cowlings, FOUR props, spare wing struts and a set of spats in the box! Given that I've got two of these now, I could even do some serious mods to a twin-engined type.

It's a shame the Vautour doesn't come with an extended rocket-pack isn't it? You can pick up various missiles for it aftermarket, but having all those RPs hanging would makes for a very impressive display.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 20, 2018, 02:11:40 AM

It's a shame the Vautour doesn't come with an extended rocket-pack isn't it? You can pick up various missiles for it aftermarket, but having all those RPs hanging would makes for a very impressive display.

I'm thinking of giving mine longer wings...........  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit