My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: JayBee on April 21, 2018, 12:39:22 PM
Received from the Big H a sheet of small transfers.

Fantastic possibilities there.

I forgot to say that this is an A5 sheet.

Glorious!!! I could use some like that. Warbird makes neato stuff.
-Sprues McDuck-

Howard of Effingham

From the Milton Keynes Show earlier today..... [some purchases are from Cosford and Ian Allan's as I think I forgot too add them :banghead:]

1/72 MP Canberra T11
1/72 AsA Models VJ-101C-X2
1/72 Platz RQ-4N Global Hawk BAMS
1/72 Trumpeter Shenyang J-31 Gyrafalcon [Chinese AF F-22/F-35 lookalike]
1/72 AModel DH104 Devon
1/48 Glencoe DH Venom FB4
1/72 Frog F-105D Thunderchief
1/72 Zvezda MiG-29 SMT

some 1/35 Humvee accessories, superglue and debonder, tamiya 10mm tape, and a laser cut wooden brush and tool stand.
Keeper of George the Cat.

McColm

00gauge TriAng Blue Midland Pullman power car and dummy car. Blue fronts.
To be repainted, name plates added "The Hogwarts Express".
Just needs a parlour carriage/coach.

zenrat

From HLJ
Arii Nakajima A6M2-N and Yokosuka D4Y2.  Both heavily flashed.  The Yokosuka is prolly the flashiest kit I have in my stash.
Arii have been repopping these Microscale moulds for few years now and I think these ones have reached the end of their usefull life without being refreshed.  Shame, because these are nice little kits and they have been opening up all the gates in the moulds so you get all the parts in every kit.  The previous ones i've built and the others in my stash are fine but these two are just flashed to death.
Still, they were very cheap and have lots of usefull parts - the Yokosuka has both in line and radial engines enabling either the D4Y2 or D4Y3 to be built - if they can be saved from the flash monster.

And from BNA model world a set of stainless steel paint mixing balls, a Pavla vac form MiG 25 canopy and a Pavla MiG 25 RB/RBT conversion set consisting of another vac form canopy, cockpit, bang seat and recce nose.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on April 21, 2018, 04:30:55 AM

You'll give Chris ideas...

I'm Mr nice guy. Now 25/30 years ago...................... :angel:

Very little at MK yesterday, indeed only what I'd pre-ordered. There were a couple of things I went "oh, I might be able to....." including some armour, but I've decided I'm only going to buy things that I have definite plans for rather than things I have vague ideas about. Far to many of the later sitting mournfully in the stash.

So -

RS Models 1/72 Reggiane 2006. They've added a new sprue for the fuselage to their existing 2005 kit. Includes transfers for the prototype which was built in great secrecy apparently, although it never flew, and then handed over to the Allies where it was broken up without being tested. Also includes 3 What If options.

Yahu 1/72 etch French WWII seatbelts. I'm a great fan of their instrument panels and thought I'd give them a try. Look very nice, unpainted unlike the newer Eduard stuff, but that's no problem

Eduard 1/72 canopy mask for the new tool Airfix Mitchell.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on April 23, 2018, 04:14:30 AM

...... a Pavla MiG 25 RB/RBT conversion set consisting of another vac form canopy, cockpit, bang seat and recce nose.

I've had one of those conversions for some while now, and very good it looks too. I've even got the Mig-25 to go with it, but I built it already...........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Transfers. Some green stuff that I will use somehow. There's enough that I can make a custom "Chronic Airlines" jetliner logo after I get a couple other things and also perhaps some square roundels for a fictional air force.

Next up, some stuff for a Boeing 727-100 for the USPS.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

I bought them green squares now I have a plane and all the windows for it (going to create my own made-up airline here):

The VC-10 Fuel tanker was $30 cheaper than any airliner version I could find (and there weren't many!) Sheer luck I guess that the little windows there were only $4 so if I'm careful I can keep from spending too much on this.  :wub: :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

Managed to bag a 1/72 YF-23 Black Widow
on eBay.

The Wooksta!

The kit already has windows, so the decals may be superfluous.  For the VC10 anyway.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

True enough but the spacing is all wonky for an airliner so I'll have to fill them in. That's the price I pay for saving some money.  :wacko: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

IIRC, the VC10 windows are left as per the airliner on the kit parts.  They only added the HDU under the rear fuselage and the attachment points for the drogue units under the wings.

I could be wrong - it's been a long time since I actually looked at the Airfix VC10 in the loft at me Mam's.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 24, 2018, 06:04:55 PM
IIRC, the VC10 windows are left as per the airliner on the kit parts.  They only added the HDU under the rear fuselage and the attachment points for the drogue units under the wings.

I could be wrong - it's been a long time since I actually looked at the Airfix VC10 in the loft at me Mam's.
That could very well be true on other boxings but this one has the oddly spaced windows. The planes themselves are having different configurations as well... I've seen some with the normal airliners windows (perhaps converted?) and I've seen them like the weirdly spaced windows like the plane in this kit. Might have something to do with it! But yeah, they're not "normal" like on a civil jet liner version.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

There were four different versions of the RAF's VC10 tankers, and all came from different sources, none of them being built originally as tankers of course. Because of that the window specs were all different, but the Airfix kit is, or rather was when it first came out, a model of ZA141, the first RAF tanker, and also the only one which was camouflaged in the grey/green scheme.

It was an obvious choice as ZA141 was an ex-BA and BOAC aircraft, which was how Airfix originally modelled it. Sadly it was modelled on a prototype so the wing fences are in the wrong place, and in later life it had the RAF engine pylons refitted to it.

There's a really good web site about all things VC10 here :- http://www.vc10.net/index.html

Well worth a look, except by the time you've got through it you'll be wondering of Vickers ever built two of the same as any other!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Good looking out, Kit!! I love stuff like this. It will be very handy when I get started on this contraption.

----That PUN though!  :o  :banghead: :o :o ;D

-Sprues McDuck-