My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TallEng on April 30, 2018, 12:05:16 PM

As far as I know it refers to the colour of the red cheat line used on the aircraft.
The DC3's that were converted to Darts for example had that scheme.
This web site also refers to it as the Peony/three crown scheme https://www.yesterdaysairlines.com/bea-liveries-1946-1974.html
I'm pretty sure I've seen it refered to as such in a book, which I can't find now........ :banghead:

Regards
Keith

Ah yes, I know the one you mean now. I've got a book on the whole history of BEA somewhere, I'll look it up.

It's not that difficult to do decals for that scheme, I did some for someone quite a while ago, and a Flamingo's not THAT complex a shape............  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Today I took delivery of a Hasegawa MiG 27 from Modelnerds.
This is a parts donor for my planned non-V/STOL Harrier B.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

This arrived a few days ago, it keeps slipping my mind to post it.  ;D 

This is a neato kit right here!!!  I spent a couple hours reading up on all the CIA junk and the history of SAT in general. Some pretty fascinating stuff.

:mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Those Minicraft Stretch 8s come with pre-cut grooves inside the fuselage so you can make the shorter -72 or -62 versions from the same kit.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2018, 03:57:34 PM
Those Minicraft Stretch 8s come with pre-cut grooves inside the fuselage so you can make the shorter -72 or -62 versions from the same kit.

Ingenius.... The hype on the side of the box is totally true from everything I've gathered.  I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for more of these if and when they fall within what I think is reasonable to pay for one!
-Sprues McDuck-

kitnut617

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 01, 2018, 04:41:01 PM

Ingenius.... The hype on the side of the box is totally true from everything I've gathered.  I'm definitely going to be keeping my eyes peeled for more of these if and when they fall within what I think is reasonable to pay for one!

And Aircraft in Miniature does them in 1/72 scale -----  ;D

http://www.aim72.co.uk/page8.html
http://www.aim72.co.uk/page12.html
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 01, 2018, 04:51:29 PM

Uh oh...   ;D   I'm going to act like I never heard of 'em.  :wacko:  I'm already trying to get myself to unload the 1/72 Boeing 707.  I need to hit the lotto so I can build a warehouse hangar .....   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Not quite, you'd still have to cut down a -63 to make the long range -62 as it's some 7 ft longer than the 'short' fuselage -50 series, but still 30 ft shorter than the mega-long -63.

That'd be a lot easier than lengthening a -50 for sure, and it'd already have the correct wings and engines.

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 01, 2018, 11:41:15 PM

Not quite, you'd still have to cut down a -63 to make the long range -62 as it's some 7 ft longer than the 'short' fuselage -50 series, but still 30 ft shorter than the mega-long -63.

That'd be a lot easier than lengthening a -50 for sure, and it'd already have the correct wings and engines.

I'd like some outfit to make a 1/72 Convair 880 ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on May 02, 2018, 02:44:50 AM

I'd like some outfit to make a 1/72 Convair 880 ---

That's for sure, or a 990, or even either of them in 1/144.

I can't remember who did the old 1/144 880 but it was very basic (no wheels IIRC) and cost a fortune!

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

They have 990s. I been watching them for a while now, waiting on a cheap one...   Some people called F-RSIN. Injection molded kits, despite the name. These cats make a couple other things I want, like the ATR 72 (and 42).

Granted, I typically stay within the confines of eBay so I don't know if they can be had elsewhere for a lesser price but they sit at $40 US on eBay. That's not too awfully bad, really, but just wee bit much for my budget, normally.  ;D    But.. man, I want one!!!   They have a fair amount of markings options, as well.. American, Swiss air and some others.

EDIT: I'm visiting their website right now, they make the 880, too! Also injected. They make a bunch of actual resin stuff, too though, hence the name I guess.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Ah yes, thanks Brad. I'd forgotten F-RSIN, and I know Laurent who owns the firm quite well too.  :banghead: :banghead:

Their injection stuff is better than the resin stuff I think, but always pretty pricey sadly.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

:thumbsup:  I've read a little and people who have purchased the kits have been happy with them.

If I have a strong week next week I'm contemplating snagging some. Found a seller with multiples so I can get combined shipping and "save" money by buying in bulk. Here's hoping for a good week ...  Gotta pay insurance bill first, ^$%&#%^R  :banghead: ;D  Can't be getting all starry-eyed on some Convairs if I don't take care of that.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Chris Payne

Picked up the new A Model 1/72 Handley Page Jetstream T.1 on Monday from Tiger Hobbies.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on April 30, 2018, 10:30:18 AM
new online order placed  :mellow:

-Eduard 1/144 Mig-15UTI dual combo
-Italeri 1/72 JSF competition (X-32A & X-35B)
-Airfix 1/72 Foland Gnat (with Hot Shots decals)
-Humbrol pink paint (got something special planned for this)

arrived today  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.