My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Nick

I went past Lakeland Toys in Keswick yesterday before heading home and picked up a few bargains. Well, they seemed a good idea at the time  ;) :-\
I've been here a few times before and every time I go in they are more about outdoor clothing and sports gear than toys. Their model area has shrunk and they are now offering half price on all Revell paints and brushes. Their Ebay page is all about the hunting gear.

Four Revell kits, unopened but slightly damaged boxes from having been sat in the shop for years....

Airbus A380 with full interior in 1/144   £18
Tiger UHT/HAP   £7
2x F/A-18E Super Hornet 04298    £12 each

Let me know if you are interested....

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Some 1:72 AJ/JA 37 Viggen decals, directly from Moose Republic in Sweden, and another decal sheet from Blue Rider Publishing for Slovenian and Macedonian aircraft.

Furthermore, from Japan, more Kotobukiya MSG Modeling Support Goods MW36 Missile & Radome mecha conversion sets.

Steel Penguin

seems odd to be here
but my order from starship modeller arrived to day, the resin bits to convert a 1:48 TSR-2 to the MS version  ;D ;D
I must finish what I have started and get ready for a new thing  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on June 18, 2018, 01:23:43 AM
seems odd to be here
but my order from starship modeller arrived to day, the resin bits to convert a 1:48 TSR-2 to the MS version  ;D ;D
I must finish what I have started and get ready for a new thing  :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

I dropped into my LHS (20+ miles away) after one of my never ending hospital appointments, as you do, and this Airfix Phantom FG1 just LEAPT into my hand from off the shelf!  :o

Try as I might I just COULDN'T let go of it, it was almost welded to my hand, so in the end I just had to pay the guy and take it home. What a disaster, eh?  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

I think it's O.K. as long as you do not hear those urging voices in your head...  ;)

zenrat

Took delivery of some decals for one of my planned RAF 100 GB builds.
A Novascale RAAF Mirage III set which includes silver, camo'd and fanta schemes.
Needless to say I will not be building a Mirage III.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 19, 2018, 01:15:57 AM
Took delivery of some decals for one of my planned RAF 100 GB builds.
A Novascale RAAF Mirage III set which includes silver, camo'd and fanta schemes.
Needless to say I will not be building a Mirage III.

Mirage IV ? Australia gets the bomb ?  Or finds one left behind on Christmas Island ?  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Got these in yesterday, will be handy for numerous things. $3 a piece. Couldn't pass up that deal. WWII Luftwaffe letters and numbers of all sorts.

:mellow: :mellow:

Decided to stop into the local LHS on the off chance one of them flying saucers was there (it wasn't). I wasn't going to leave without SOMETHING. I snagged a 1/144 F-4 Phantom to turn into something to go with my Airliners in 1/144. I'll make it like airline mechanic shuttle, airfield inspector craft, or some malarkey.

Lil ol' $7 so why not.

Then I saw this thing. I've been curious about this metal works jive for some time now and I "had to have it." I used my 40% off coupon on it so it wasn't that pricey at $18. It come with 5 pieces and all together is 17 inches long.

First train model of any kind I've ever had. I doubt it's HO scale or whatever but maybe it'll say more in the instructions.

Not pictured but also arrived recently were some ATP decal sheets for airliner stuff. A couple more sheets of VC-10 / F-28 /BAC-111 windows and windscreens and a Pacific Express set for BAC-111. Also some Northeast something somethings for 727s and DC-10s.

Also not pictured a 1/72 Norseman.
-Sprues McDuck-

jcf

You can get the silly UFO from Japan, if you really need one.  ;)

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10293545

TheChronicOne

I'll pass. I just wanted to snag a RoG one as a collectors item if it was $20 or less.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D 

I mean.. it's sort of neat??  But not the type of thing that floats my boat. I'm more enthused about my crappy old decals I got yesterday, for instance.  ;D ;D ;D

That's not to say I wouldn't jump on one if I do indeed find it for $20 but I'm not holding my breath.
-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 20, 2018, 09:38:25 AM

Then I saw this thing. I've been curious about this metal works jive for some time now and I "had to have it." I used my 40% off coupon on it so it wasn't that pricey at $18. It come with 5 pieces and all together is 17 inches long.

First train model of any kind I've ever had. I doubt it's HO scale or whatever but maybe it'll say more in the instructions.

These are good fun but rather fiddly to do. You will need a good pair of tweezers and small pliers to do the bending and to squash the tabs down. Plan every move especially where you have to bend the bodywork.
I have done the Lancaster and the Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer. They are all 'box scale'.  :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Thanks for the tips! Sounds like a couple of good choices there. They all look pretty cool for the most part. Some are less looking like the actual thing than others due to the nature of the materials.

I'm looking forward to building it. I think it will be a nice change of pace to stay within "the hobby" but change things up almost completely. Plastic to metal, light flying things to really heavy rolly things. Ditch the glue.  Etc.  I'll probably get started on it around Autumn so it won't be too long! Good thing about this one is I can build it in segments and have something to show for it without having to completely finish the kit.

Another one that caught my eye while I was there was the Empire State Building. Now... there we go.....   I could see myself building a whole collection of skyscrapers and have a gleaming metal city sitting on my shelf. Perhaps make some whif art-deco NMF airplane to sit in front. . .. .

-Sprues McDuck-