My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on January 06, 2018, 03:23:34 AM
... and a Frogfoot from my favourite online store.

Another Frogfoot? :unsure:

One ain't enough? You need a fleet of Frogfeet? :o

You're not eating them, are you? :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Bungle

Quote from: NARSES2 on January 06, 2018, 01:56:35 AM
Quote from: Bungle on January 05, 2018, 07:08:21 AM
Well I'm glad someone got one ! Been after one of these for years myself, just never seem to see them anywhere on the web! I'd pay up to £25 for one if I could or swap the wife + cash if they'd agree (cash part being £24.95).

You do realise the trouble you are in if the good lady sees that ?  ;)

Not sure if I understand ... good and lady
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Chris Payne

A small stash increase today after a trip to Halifax Modellers World.

Came home with a pair of the new Airfix 1/72 McDonnell Douglas Phantom FG.1's.

Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

PR19_Kit

Those Phantoms are getting REALLY common.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 06, 2018, 07:41:39 AM

I'm certainly not building them.  Although I was pondering what to start next...
Zvezda.  One I don't have.  IIRC there are 6 different Su-25 moulds in 1/72.  I now have 4 of them.
Should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

chrisonord

Quote from: zenrat on January 08, 2018, 02:10:12 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on January 06, 2018, 07:41:39 AM

I'm certainly not building them.  Although I was pondering what to start next...
Zvezda.  One I don't have.  IIRC there are 6 different Su-25 moulds in 1/72.  I now have 4 of them.
Should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday.
Zvesda do a nice su39 too, I have one in the stash.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

First purchase in 2018: a vintage Revell 1:72 Airco D.H. 2 fighter.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 08, 2018, 05:12:30 AM

Blimey, that IS from the bottom of the well!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 08, 2018, 06:51:20 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on January 08, 2018, 05:12:30 AM

Blimey, that IS from the bottom of the well!  :o

Yup, I remember building that first time round. When those Revell WWI kits first came out they were quite a leap forward when compared to the Airfix ones, especially the "kit whose name must never be mentioned".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Flash of nostalgia. I once had one, when it was officially on the market (in those white boxes), but recently came across a scratched (!) D.H. 2 and was impressed and inspired. And it was cheap, too, just EUR 4,-.

TheChronicOne

Wow! A bunch of C.R.A.P. arrived all at once today.  :o ;D

I've been slowly chipping away at the USAF Thunderbirds as a big project and I'm down to just one set of transfers and one plane to go to have them all.... C-54 transfers and the F-16 kit. I have everything else including a tribute plane (L-39 in Thunderbirds livery) and the two WHIF subjects produced by Warbirds. One arrived today and I already had the Mustang ones.

F-106A....   I didn't realize how large it was... I thought they messed up and sent me the 1/48 sheet at first.

I also found a source of really cheap Microscale decals so I picked up a set because there are a bunch of roundels on it and another set for a TA4J in 75th anniversary of Naval Aviation livery. (This one is neat... go look it up on google images. Very glorious paint job if you ask me) This set of decals has the distinction of having ALL BLUE (two different shades, though!) roundels.  ;D :mellow: :mellow:

The other set confuses me because it says "RAF" on the header but I don't see any RAF stuff on here but DO see Netherlands stuff on here that is NOT mentioned..    :unsure:

And last but not least, this lil feller:

Love me some bicentennial stuff and a trainer to boot!

-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

My advice re the T-33?  Try and locate a Heller one.  That Hasegawa one is one of their really early kits and it shows - raised panel lines, lack of detail and abysmal fit.  I'd also try tracking down either a Heller or Revell TF104G.

The 'RAF' T-6 is more likely to be a Rhodesian Air Force one - looks like some post UDI Rhodesian markings on the sheet.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

Thanks for the tips!

I was already considering not even building the TF104 and just sticking it up on the shelf next to my other few that just sit around as decoration. I looked at the transfers earlier and they look pretty murky anyway so...ehh.. who knows, probably will just wind up sitting there. $6 so I had to have it regardless.  ;D ;D

As far as the T-33 goes.. well.... I'll just make it work. I've been looking for a Heller T-33 (the Platz one as well, for that matter) for awhile now but until one meets my pricing criteria I'm either going to build the Hase one (I have two of the them now!   ;D :mellow:  )  or just have to keep waiting. I don't really mind, either, because I could potentially not actually get to it for years!  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That Matchbox F-104, either single seater or two seater, could not be said to be 'best in class'.

Indeed, the single seater was the singular reason that I got into Whiff modelling. I built one as a review kit for Scale Models Magazine back in 1972, and started the review by saying 'If I wanted to build an F-104 in 1/72 scale I wouldn't start with this one!'  ;D

The Editor, the late Ron Moulton, wouldn't print it like that and I wouldn't back down, so I converted the F-104 to an RAF Starfighter F3 from 92 Sqdn.  The rest, as they say, is history.  ;)

Regards
Kit