My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howard of Effingham

From todays excellent Bolton Show......

2off 1/72 Sword Casa 212-100 [the amount of spares within these two is unbelievably big but is welcome]
1off 1/144 S+M AW681 [the very last one he had]
1off 1/72 AZ SR53 'Rocketeer F1'
1off 1/72 AZ Martin-Baker MB6 'Sky Ferret' [its the MB5 kit with a second fuselage to act as a two seater]
1off 1/72 Italeri F-16A [for wiffing to a General Dynamics E-7 STOVL F-16 proposal from the 1980s]
1off 1/72 Novo Airspeed Oxford.

a couple of Tankograd books on the FV432 and British Nuclear Artillery.

and a few odds and ends.... resin 2 blade prop for the Hurricane, Airwaves EB for the F-10 Skyknight.
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Weaver on January 28, 2018, 11:39:19 AM

IBG 1/72nd PZL-42 (Karas development with no gondola and twin tail fins). Looks lovely in the box, with a fully detailed interior included PE, so a real bargain at £7.

Yup it's a lovely kit, I have a second for my torpedo bomber version. Looking forward to their PZL 37 Los
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

...Italeri 1/72nd A-129 Mangusta - had an idea that involves one of these just yesterday, so it seemed like fate...

It doesn't involve Rogue Trooper does it?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2018, 01:50:22 AM
...Italeri 1/72nd A-129 Mangusta - had an idea that involves one of these just yesterday, so it seemed like fate...

Loved that little kit, I called mine a CH-151 Thunderbird after I did quite a bit of changes to it.  Oddly I can still find photos of it when I do a google image search, but there's nothing there when you click on the photo to expand it.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Gondor

Arrived from the Big Yelloe H today

1 x 1/72 Modeldecal set 2 McDonnel F-2 Pjantoms
1 x 1/72 Model Alliance MAS-729023 White Rounded Codes & Serials for the EE Canberra

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Squizzette

Arrived from Dadlassamu's sale

1 x 1/72 Kopro Siebel Si 204 A           
1 x 1/72 Revell Arado Ar 234 B-2/C-2/C-3   
1 x 1/72 Airfix Grumman Widgeon/Gosling

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can fit the single jet engines from the Arado onto the Goslings wings.

Squizz
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Squizzaa on January 29, 2018, 12:10:46 PM

Now I'm trying to figure out if I can fit the single jet engines from the Arado onto the Goslings wings.

The mind BOGGLES!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 29, 2018, 03:00:40 PM

Think you'd need the Grumman Goose or Mallard, the Gosling is way too small.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Quote from: kitnut617 on January 29, 2018, 03:29:44 PM

Maybe just one jet, in the middle.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 26, 2018, 08:08:23 AM
1 x Tamiya 1/35 Matilda Mk.III/IV British Infantry Tank (TM 35300) - the 3rd for the stash, currently building the 1st (& it's going together beautifully, it's the Bronco "workable" late model tracks that are slowing the build)
1 x Mirror Models 1/35 British Morris C8 Quad Mk.III No. 5 (MM35400)
1 x MasterBox 1/35 WWII British Infantry Weapons (MB 35109)
1 x Tamiya 1/35 Federal German Marder 1A2 MICV w/ Milan ATM. (TM 35162) - to be combined with my other Marder 1A2 to make a SciFi exploration vehicle to replace a single-Marder version from which parts will be stolen
2 x Legend Products 1/35 SAS Jeep Wheel Set (4 Front Wheels, 2 Spare Wheels) (LF1232)

Stash grew! The Quad looks good in the box but I haven't opened it up for a complete inspection. Ditto the weapon & wheel sets.

Haven't opened the Matilda or Marder at all, I know what they look like & neither will look like that when I've finished with them! :wacko:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Just picked up my ACE  V-150 with 20 or 90mm mercar gun. Just like the other version, it has lots of tiny parts to go at so it should keep me busy for a while. Nice kit, and looking forward to the centauro being released.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Dizzyfugu

Got hands on a 1:72 Trumpeter Wyvern for EUR 11,-. No real plan, but it was a nice occasion and I could not resist...  ;)

PR19_Kit

Wandered into my LHS (20 miles away in Gloucester) which is an occasion that only happens maybe 4-5 times/yr, looking for some bits and pieces, glue, paint etc.

To my utter amazement there on the shelves was a 1/24 AMT Sunbeam Tiger kit!!!!!!  :o :o

I've got one of the Blueprinter series of this kit from way back when, and I'd built an original one even further ago, but seeing a NEW one blew my mind. It seems it's by a company called 'Round2', who I've never heard of before, and it seems they've bought up loads of AMT, MPC, Auto World and other moulds and are re-popping them. Their web site is WELL worth looking at for the car modellers amongst us, but they also do some Lindberg non-car stuff too.

Needless to say the LHS no longer has the Tiger kit, I've got it.  ;D :thumbsup:

The personal link is I worked on the early prototypes of the Tiger in the mid 60s, one superb motor car.  :thumbsup:

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Squizzette

Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2018, 07:39:19 PM
Quote from: kitnut617 on January 29, 2018, 03:29:44 PM

Maybe just one jet, in the middle.

Well I have been wanting to get a couple of 1/72 Gooses. I've kind of liked the thing ever since I saw it in a TV show many years ago. For some reason when I unpacked the kits I had this image of that little Gosling all hot-rodded up with overpowered engines by some crazy mad inventor :)

I do like the idea of a single central mount though. I'm a long time lurker with limited skills but common sense tells me I have to twin up the tail as well.

Hmm, maybe I should look for some smaller jets from somewhere.

Squizz
"So many ideas, so little talent" ;)

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on January 29, 2018, 01:50:22 AM

No, but my plans for my pair of RAH-66 Commanches do.... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones