My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on March 22, 2018, 05:05:14 PM

1/72 Supermarine S.6 from Eastern Express.  Looks like a fun little float plane to build and I'm considering inserting it as a "WHIFWHIF" entry on the Porco Rosso shelf I've got going.  Basically WHIF I was an air pirate... ;)

IIRC that's the ex-FROG kit, which was by far the best 1/72 S-6B kit at the time. Of course by now the mould may be a bit past it..........
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

I figured that was more likely than the Airfix one.  I'm a bit surprised at how much original Airfix kits go for, but I'm happy enought to build up this one for a few rubles...
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Good grab Brad C.
I've got a SMER repop of the Loire et Oliver but i've been trying to pick up more french stuff at sensible prices.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Chaos

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on March 23, 2018, 02:05:20 AM
Good grab Brad C.
I've got a SMER repop of the Loire et Oliver but i've been trying to pick up more french stuff at sensible prices.

Seemingly easier said than done, I've noticed! Trying to get a WWII era collection going. The French aircraft have a certain "look" about them that I like and I also really like how they painted them... the camouflage, roundels, flash and the whole lot.  But yeah, like you said... sensible...  has to be cheap enough for me to warrant snagging them. Every once in awhile I get lucky but mostly have to pass on things.
-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

From a local charity shop, that I have had kits from before, quite a good find, even if I do already have these in the stash.
Airfix  Very early boxing Jetstream.
Cooperativa su-9 fishpot
Trumpeter il-28 Beagle.
All 1/72nd scale, ten quid for the lot.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

JayBee

Just received from the Big H, two kits, and these are the  first that I have bought this year.

The new issue of the Gnat T1 with the markings for an aircraft from "Hot Shots".
However Airfix have gone all PC with this one as they have changed the name to the Oscar Fallus, while Phallus as is the correct spelling, both from the film and the English language.

The other kit is the L-13 Blanik glider from Mark 1 in 1/144 scale.
You get two in the box and it is not the largest model in the world, just look at the size of the transfer sheet in comparison to the sprue.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Gondor

Quote from: JayBee on March 23, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

You get two in the box and it is not the largest model in the world, just look at the size of the transfer sheet in comparison to the sprue.

Will this mean that you don't have to paint it as the decals cover all the model anyway?

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

Well for the first one I am planning, which is a What If, I do not intend to use any of the kit markings.  :rolleyes:

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on March 23, 2018, 10:01:20 AM

Oooh lovely, I used to fly them way back when.  :thumbsup:

I've got a 1/48 kit but not one in the 'one true scale'.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

JayBee

Cats are not real. 

Scotaidh

Two days ago the mail man brought my 1/72 Phantom F-4K to the door.  I bought it from Roll Models - I dunno what company, it's all in Cyrillic, even the instructions and the fact sheet!  :)  I wanted it for a bash anyway, so that's all moot. 

Yesterday brought the Airfix 1/24 Harrier GR3 I got on e-Bay.  I did one of those "buy it now" - I have neither the patience nor the time to sit and watch someone snipe it out from under me.  I'm very excited about it - this is my mostest favouritest version of this bird, and to have one of my very own is something of a 'grail achieved' moment.
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Gondor

Received today via facebook

1 x 1/72 Scaleworx Resin Models Kfir C.10/CE conversion set designed for the AMK C2/C7 kit

I will be looking at trying to replicate the majority of this conversion set as its rather expensive to get one all the way from South Africa.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Nick

Quote from: Scotaidh on March 24, 2018, 02:20:26 AM
Two days ago the mail man brought my 1/72 Phantom F-4K to the door.  I bought it from Roll Models - I dunno what company, it's all in Cyrillic, even the instructions and the fact sheet!  :)  I wanted it for a bash anyway, so that's all moot. 

If it's in Russian and has about 15 parts, then it might be the old Novo / Frog / Eastern Express kit. Got any pics?