My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

just got back from a trip to the seaside with the missus, and got one new addition ive been eyeing for quite some time  :mellow:

-1/72 Revell F-16MLU, 100th Anniversary of 1st Squadron  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Quote from: Martin H on April 06, 2018, 10:57:58 PM
One very large box containing a single ModelCollect P1000 Ratte arrived yesterday evening. In the one true scale of course.

Dare any of the Yanks to call that 'Braille Scale'..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

From today's show at the RAF Museum Cosford.....

1/72 Zvezda MiG-29SMT [nice score as this one has the 'hump back' fuselage]
1/72 Airfix B-57 [from IPMS Birmingham's charity table - they were taking donations for Birmingham Children's Hospital]
1/72 Amodel DH Devon [this one has RNZAF markings..... but not for long!]
1/72 Unicraft Bell 'Eagle Eye' UAV
1/48 Glencoe DH Venom FB4

and a wide assortment of bits inc sanding sticks, weathering enamels, decals and so on.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Martin H

From Cosford
All in the one true scale

Italeri OH-58A Kiowa.
Italeri OH-58D Combat Scout.
Italeri US/NATO weapon set.
Revell HH-3 Jolly Green Giant.
Freightdog Supermarine 327 "Shew"
Freightdog Dopler rader nose for the Airfix F-4K Phantom.
Freightdog VG Lightning set (2 of) Weaver found 3 of these sets up for grabs for a fiver each. I rehomed two of em.
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Weaver

From today's Cosford show, mostly 2nd hand:

1/144th scale:
Roden VC10 K3 (new)
Freightdog VC10 multi-role conversion (new)
Revell BAe 146-200
TWO Revell Space Shuttles (bagged with no instructions or decals - cheap)

1/72nd scale:
Freightdog Lightning VG conversion (from a box of bits: see Martin's post)
Heller E-2C Hawkeye (cheap 'cos it's allegedly incomplete, but I can't seen anything wrong with it other than it's slightly started)
AZ OH-6/MD500 canopy masks
Pavla Folland Gnat ejector seat
FROG Supermarine S6B (bagged with no instructions or decals - cheap)
Tamiya Bell X-1 'Mach Buster' (gorgeous kit with a clear fuselage AND a solid one)
Trumpeter M1126 Stryker APC (bagged with no instructions - cheap)
Matchbox DHC Twin Otter (missing floats and short nose and therefore extremely cheap, and it's the skis that I want anyway...)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

From ebay:
Hobbycraft Beech C-45 Expeditor.

Quite what I'll do with it I have no idea...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quite a haul from Cosford, for me anyway.

1/144 Minicraft MD80 from S&M models, who are importing them w/o decals, just up my street.  :thumbsup:
Freightdog VC10 multi-purpose conversion kit and Tornado GR4A conversion.
C Scale (yes, really...) Tornado F3 conversion kit for £2! But I have plans for it....  ;)
Aeroclub Fairey Barracuda canopy and landing gear set.
Aeroclub Lightning white metal bits.
AlleyCat Gannet wing fold set.
EBMA paint pot stand, as recommended by Weaver.  :thumbsup:
EBMA tool stand kit, a vital necessity to return my model bench to sanity!                                                                                                                                                 
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on April 08, 2018, 10:38:55 AM
...1/72 Amodel DH Devon...

Review I read says A Model have got their stuff together on this one.  Based on a first look see do you concur?

Please and thank you.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

From the cursory glance through the box I gave mine at Telford, it looked to be fine.  The mouldings are nice and clean plus the spare glazing for the canopy will come in handy for the Magna and Rareplanes ones I have in the stash.  The latter, despite being a vacform, is still a very nice kit - I have fond memories of building one circa 1991.  The Magna one looks to be a warmed over version.

Air Graphics are doing a load of resin bits for it, but the day I voluntarily line the pockets of a convicted criminal will be a day in hell so cold that they'd have to cut Satan out of a block of ice a mile deep before he could get to work.  There's more chance of Sunderland AFC winning the Premiership, the Champion's league and the FA Cup on the same day.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 05, 2018, 11:29:53 PM

https://www.bnamodelworld.com/model-ships-boats-tiger-models-tig-6293-1:35-sweden-combat-boat-cb-90-fsdt-assault-craft

Arrived today! ;D

Even for the money there's quite a lot of plastic in the box (Or should I say "case"? As it comes in a solidly constructed cardboard box with a carry-handle inside a sleeve) & it looks to be very crisply molded.

Also, a Revell 1/32 Corvette C3 (1969) managed to escape the local toy store when I went in to buy some paints.

https://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/cars/young-oldtimer/id/07684.html

Very simple kit but I love that era 'Vette. :wub:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Next round of madness is filtering in.

Normally I'd bloviate but I'm a little worn out right now from work today.  ;D     (the world rejoices!)  :wacko:

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on April 09, 2018, 07:25:10 AM
From the cursory glance through the box I gave mine at Telford, it looked to be fine.  The mouldings are nice and clean plus the spare glazing for the canopy will come in handy for the Magna and Rareplanes ones I have in the stash.  The latter, despite being a vacform, is still a very nice kit - I have fond memories of building one circa 1991.  The Magna one looks to be a warmed over version.

Air Graphics are doing a load of resin bits for it, but the day I voluntarily line the pockets of a convicted criminal will be a day in hell so cold that they'd have to cut Satan out of a block of ice a mile deep before he could get to work.  There's more chance of Sunderland AFC winning the Premiership, the Champion's league and the FA Cup on the same day.

Thanks Lee.
:thumbsup:

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 09, 2018, 08:09:10 AM
Also, a Revell 1/32 Corvette C3 (1969) managed to escape the local toy store when I went in to buy some paints.

https://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/cars/young-oldtimer/id/07684.html

I love the Raleigh Chopper pushbike in the background - very 1970s (yes, I did have one...) ;D

- Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: Weaver on April 10, 2018, 04:11:05 AM

I love the Raleigh Chopper pushbike in the background - very 1970s (yes, I did have one...) ;D

Looks more like a Schwinn Sting-Ray to me H.
http://schwinnstingray.net/blog/1973-schwinn-stingray-orange-krate/
Fred

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on April 10, 2018, 04:24:34 AM
Quote from: Weaver on April 10, 2018, 04:11:05 AM

Looks more like a Schwinn Sting-Ray to me H.
http://schwinnstingray.net/blog/1973-schwinn-stingray-orange-krate/

Yeah, fair comment. I'd never heard of the Sting-Ray until now: cheers. :thumbsup: I just assumed the painting was a bit 'off' because they were trying to make it generic, probably for copyright reasons.

They're both the same genre of 1970s ape-hangars/banana-seat/sissy-bar/gear-stick pushbike, trying to look like the custom motorbikes of the era.

- Indiana Jones