My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

Thanks for the info,
I have been lucky enough to win two Sud Caravelle kits in 1/96 and 1/100 scale.
Got the Airfix 1/144 Kit in the spares and repair pile.
Got an idea to fit 4 engines at the rear instead of just the 2.

Rheged

Quote from: McColm on April 16, 2018, 12:31:32 PM
Thanks for the info,
I have been lucky enough to win two Sud Caravelle kits in 1/96 and 1/100 scale.
Got the Airfix 1/144 Kit in the spares and repair pile.
Got an idea to fit 4 engines at the rear instead of just the 2.

A sort of Caravc10??
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

McColm

Yes you were correct Hasegawa/ Hobby kits only do the YS-11 'Japanese Maritime Safety Agency Old Fashion' in 1/144 scale.
I also got the 1/72 Eduard Avro Shackleton AEW.2 fuselage interior for the Airfix kit.

TheChronicOne

A nicely smashed box thanks to seller just wrapping the kit in a piece of brown paper.  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh well, I'm not too bothered aside from the fact that crumpled boxes don't stack right. I won't raise a fuss because the innards were fine.  ;D

I wasn't in the market for this. I just needed Wolfpack transfers but this whole kit was cheaper than just a sheet of decals so.....   no brainer. Not only that, but these are a CAG bird or something with the rainbow colors and stuff.

These look nice!!! Cartograf, printed in 2012 so should be no issues with them.

That said, now that I have a spare F-14A sitting around, does anyone know anything about how good/accurate it is? The decals are nice but it's also pretty neat having another Tomcat in the stash. It'll be a whif, I can guarantee that.
-Sprues McDuck-

kitbasher

On holiday and supervised.
Departed BC Shavers with a PM Sea Fury for whiffery.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

zenrat

Today postie delivered me a Special Hobby Westland Whirlwind Mk1 Different Whirlwinds (includes a resin COW gun nose) and a Condor MiG 25-P.

The MiG looks like it should build up well if the fit is good.  According to sources the moulds later went to ICM so I have high hopes.
The canopy if horrible though.  Thick and cloudy and yellow.
However, given the price I am not complaining.
I have already tried a seat figure in one of the jet nozzles - loads of room.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

If the MiG is for a dio with the ground crew in the engines, you could always just tarp over the dodgy canopy (saves the effort of fussing with the cockpit & painting the framing).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 18, 2018, 05:36:41 AM
If the MiG is for a dio with the ground crew in the engines, you could always just tarp over the dodgy canopy (saves the effort of fussing with the cockpit & painting the framing).

Sounds eminently sensible. However we are talking about Zenrat here  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Old Wombat

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 18, 2018, 05:45:07 AM

This is true. :rolleyes:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

rickshaw

Zenrate, make the MiG an "open canopy" special a'la the Lebanese Hunters which were put back into commisson after 20+ years!   :thumbsup:
How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

jcf

Quote from: kitbasher on April 17, 2018, 05:33:03 PM
On holiday and supervised.
Departed BC Shavers with a PM Sea Fury for whiffery.

Gees, Alvis must be slipping to let you out the door with $till in your pocket, he failed
in his distract SWMBO duties.
;D

Dizzyfugu

A 1:72 Hasegawa F-18A for only EUR 9,- incl. postage off of ebay.

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on April 18, 2018, 10:46:11 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on April 18, 2018, 05:45:07 AM

This is true. :rolleyes:

I resemble that remark.

Pavla do a vac form canopy for the Condor kit.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Sheet of deccles this time! I was mainly interested in the post office stuff. Even after the new re-design I really dig the stylings.  Will make for some good whif projects. Like...a CH-47 postal carrier helo or something.  ;D

The rest is cool, too. I'll eventually make some whif planes out of it. A-10 Forest Service or an FBI F-16 or something.

-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

From Freightdog (cheers Colin!), the 1/44th scale VC-10 bomb panniers that he'd run out of at Cosford.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones