My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

Another vintage ARII 1:100 VF-1J (Macross) for the stash, from Portugal for a good deal.

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 06, 2018, 11:43:13 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2018, 05:36:04 AM

I was thinking of Rolls Royce Eagles (the 1944 one not the WWI era one) actually. Perhaps a coupled pair at the front and another pair at the back ?

Mind you I know absolutely nothing about engines, nor most other mechanical things, at all  ;D

SUPER power! The Eagle was a HUGE engine, there's one still installed in the only Wyvern left in the world at Yeovilton, and you think you've been shrunk to 1/144 scale looking at it!  :o

You'd have 14000 hp at your disposal in that 4x setup, pretty awesome.

Quite where you'd put the radiators for such a massive power plant within a MiG-21 airframe is open to question of course.  ;D

Surface evaporation on the wings  :angel: ;) ;D I think I'ts NATO code name would be the "Flippant"  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

Saturday saw me pick up one of these curious beasties from Uncle Frank, along with some spare Airfix Spitfire decals and a bottle of Xtracrylic.

Naturally, it'll go in RAF colours as an impressed machine.

Today I collected an Airways DH Comet mk 4C from one of the lads at the club.  I'm continuing to acquire large vacforms at a worrying rate...
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

TheChronicOne

Ha!!! Too cool. I've been seeing that pop up lately and have been seriously considering snagging one myself.  An odd bird, if you ask me.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

strobez

I just picked up (hot off the presses) the A10 Thunderbolt II "Greg Gates", the latest addition to the Area 88 "Creator Works" series.  That means I'm up-to-date on the releases (and still waiting for Shin's F-8E and Nguyen's F-105 Thunderchief), and now have 3 A-10s in the stash that I'm afraid to tackle because of the intricate camo pattern.

Does anyone have any opinions on the Hasegawa vs. Academy offerings? The other 2 are Academy.  I'm planning to just swap the decals from the upcoming F-8E for the Academy kit as that one seems superior to the Hasegawa, but I'm not sure if there's a clear winner in the A-10 game.
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

Glorious........   I still need to get caught up myself! I got the first two then had to hamstring the budget for winter. I love Hasegawa for putting out these Area 88 kits.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 07, 2018, 02:31:42 PM

Today I collected an Airways DH Comet mk 4C from one of the lads at the club.  I'm continuing to acquire large vacforms at a worrying rate...

I keep looking at a couple of the larger ones in my stash and muttering "why, oh why ?"
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: strobez on May 07, 2018, 04:28:18 PM
I just picked up (hot off the presses) the A10 Thunderbolt II "Greg Gates", the latest addition to the Area 88 "Creator Works" series.  That means I'm up-to-date on the releases (and still waiting for Shin's F-8E and Nguyen's F-105 Thunderchief), and now have 3 A-10s in the stash that I'm afraid to tackle because of the intricate camo pattern.

do you also have Saki's Kfir and Mickey's F-14A?
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

strobez

Quote from: Nils on May 08, 2018, 09:05:23 AM
do you also have Saki's Kfir and Mickey's F-14A?

Yep. Along with Shin's F-20 Tigershark, X-29 and J35 Draken.  I can't resist these guys staring at me on the shelf. I'm always worried they'll be gone next time. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Ordered today:

1 x Trumpeter 1/350 WWII HMS Belfast 1942 (TR 05334)
1 x Master Models 1/350 HMS Belfast Armament - 6inch (12pcs), 4inch (12pcs) Barrels (SM-350-079)
1 x Kitty Hawk 1/48 Sukhoi Su-17M3/M4 Fitter (KH80144)
1 x Eduard 1/48 Sukhoi Su-17M3/M4 Fitter Interior Detail Set for Kitty Hawk kit #80144 (1PE) (ED FE829)
1 x Aerobonus 1/48 Russian Pilot with KS-4 Ejection Seat for Sukhoi Su-7/Su-9/Su-11/Su-15/Su-17.. (ARB-480087)
1 x Yunan(?) 1/35 Modern US Army SEAL Soldier "Destroyer" w/Helmet (YU-USK-06)

Belfast is joining the RAN
Su-17 will join my MiG-21 in Czech service (probably)
SEAL "Destroyer" is going sci-fi but is more to find out what these figures are like (BNA Models has a lot of these Yunan kits in-stock & they're new to me)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

::::sees lack of 1/72 and starts to convulse::::   :angry: :angry: ;D ;D ;D

Righteous wares, bruh!! 

The pilot and and ejection seat......   so cool. Times like these I lament my inability to accommodate 1/48.
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 13, 2018, 08:16:48 PM

Righteous wares, bruh!! 

The pilot and and ejection seat......   so cool. Times like these I lament my inability to accommodate 1/48.

What is this "1/72" of which you speak? :unsure:

Seriously, though, it's times like these (when I see the bill) I lament my inability to work comfortably in 1/72 anymore (even with spec's & magnifiers). :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 13, 2018, 08:25:35 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on May 13, 2018, 08:16:48 PM

Righteous wares, bruh!! 

What is this "1/72" of which you speak? :unsure:

Seriously, though, it's times like these (when I see the bill) I lament my inability to work comfortably in 1/72 anymore (even with spec's & magnifiers). :-\

Aye... a constant battle between what can actually be worked on and what can actually be stored/displayed!
-Sprues McDuck-

The Wooksta!

Recent wins on ebay:
Eagle strike Tempest decals - largely roundels and fin flashes.  Perfect - means I don't have to cut them down which I detest.

Best of all - a Holy Grail!
Contrail Avro Tudor - twenty notes!  Last one that went on ebay went for well over fifty.

With all that in mind, I acquired an Airfix Shackleton that the LHS was selling for a customer for twenty notes as the donor for the wings and u/c.  I can cast the engines and source the props elsewhere.

This means I can now build the Tudor I currently have.  RAF, natch, and serials were allocated (TS866-TS912 plus TT176 and TT181) but I'm torn as to the scheme because I'd like a Met Flight one (which would make sense given the pressurised fuselage).  And if I can work out how to copy it - resin is unlikely given the size - I may have a bash at a few more.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Rheged

Quote from: The Wooksta! on May 14, 2018, 02:08:22 AM
Best of all - a Holy Grail!
Contrail Avro Tudor - twenty notes!  Last one that went on ebay went for well over fifty.

This means I can now build the Tudor I currently have.  RAF, natch, and serials were allocated (TS866-TS912 plus TT176 and TT181) but I'm torn as to the scheme because I'd like a Met Flight one (which would make sense given the pressurised fuselage).

I'd very much like to see your completed Met flight Tudor.......I'm sure it will look good, and it'd look interesting displayed with Kit's Snoopy Too.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet