My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 14, 2018, 09:16:16 AM
Yes, the -10 looks like a late model -10-30. The early ones had the odd 'finned' engine exhausts and the -10-40s had a bulged intake on the '#2 engine, rather like an MD-11.

Where was the bomb hung on the -10 though? I it was on the centreline under the wing it would have been in the way of the centre landing gear leg, which would make it a -10-10 with the updated engines.

According to the manga, there were two bombs (or rather one in two locations) at both of the wing joints on the underside but because of the way the the engines are placed, the only way to get a clear shot was to fly the KFIR inverted.
Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on June 14, 2018, 09:31:57 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 14, 2018, 09:16:16 AM
Yes, the -10 looks like a late model -10-30. The early ones had the odd 'finned' engine exhausts and the -10-40s had a bulged intake on the '#2 engine, rather like an MD-11.

Where was the bomb hung on the -10 though? I it was on the centreline under the wing it would have been in the way of the centre landing gear leg, which would make it a -10-10 with the updated engines.

According to the manga, there were two bombs (or rather one in two locations) at both of the wing joints on the underside but because of the way the the engines are placed, the only way to get a clear shot was to fly the KFIR inverted.

OK, so the -30 would do the job as the 3rd main gear is right on the centre line.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

After a very long time waiting, my ACE Centauro has arrived from the Ukraine. As with all their stuff, lots of tiny bits and photo etch as part of the structural build of the suspension and steering by the looks of it. Not impressed.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

Last 3 weeks or more of crap I've been buying.  ;D  :wub:

I can't even remember all of what went down but a few came in a couple lots and others were just really cheap. Some of the "really cheap" stuff came at a "price" though.... being so cheap and with "free" shipping means I got a couple mangled up, butchered up travesty boxes.  :angry: :angry: ;D   OH WELL.... win some, lose some...   :lol:

I've been "airliner junky" of late and some may wonder, "But, Brad, where are the PROP-liners?!"   Well, I ain't forgot about them lil fellers and finally got some, along with some more jet liners and a Spitfire! I've not researched all of these but I've heard through the grapevine that the Minicraft 707 is a bit beastly and the B-757 is basically a pile.  :unsure: :unsure:  No mind... I'll do the best I can to fix things when I build them. I'm still happy to have them.  :wub:

There's two kits in the DC-3 box... the Eastern Airlines one and also an American Airlines version.  :mellow: :mellow:

I already built the US AIRWAYS model but it is so nice I got another... that was one that came in a lot. It may be a "double" but it is welcome in the stash! The 737-200 was a stand-alone purchase to go with my Saudia Arabia Airlines transfers. That is going to be a really fun build!!

The 195 and Comet.... crushed up boxes.  :angry: And I think the Comet there is old as the hill and probably fraught with danger but it was cheap and I love the decorations.  :wub: :wub:

I'm going to build the Spitfire OOB because I'm feeling the need to build up something just because of RAF100!  What better to build than a Spitfire?

So that's it for now!! I've had to grudginly sit on my hands and stop buying all these airliners because I've already filled up the area for them. Maybe a couple a month from now on but I can't hold any more.  :rolleyes: :-\ 

:lol: :lol: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Spit is the same 1975 Hasegawa mould I just got.
Same box art as well.
I'm sure its not going to be as good as more modern moulds (Lee will prolly be along soon to tell us) but it'll look like a Spitfire which is good enough for me.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

just placed another online order for 1/144 kits from aliexpress  :mellow:

-3x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-20 Tigershark (ex-airfix/arii mould, to be upgraded with Revell F-5E parts)
-2 x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-4E Phantom II (Academy mould)
-2 x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel SAAB JAS-39 Gripen (ex-revell mould)
-1 x 1/144 Trumpeter Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2018, 04:39:30 AM
Same box art as well.
I'm sure its not going to be as good as more modern moulds (Lee will prolly be along soon to tell us) but it'll look like a Spitfire which is good enough for me.

Yeah, a little intel would be good...  :wacko:

At this point I'll be happy if it isn't a PSR nightmare. Lacking in detail is fine with me, I just don't like wildly innacurate or PITA builds.  ;D ;D ;D   I think I'm pretty safe with this one in that arena.

You know... I have some more of these around here somewhere but I can't recall what mark they are or maker so I just bought this one as it was easier that rummaging through my stuff.  ;D   I might do that anyway later, though. It's much easier now after the re-organization.  I think one is a Revell and beyond that I've no clue how many or which I have.

I haven't built a Spitfire in 25 years.  OK OK.... that's because that's because I didn't build much of ANYTHING in that span.  ;D ;D  Anyway, it's high time to build a Spitfire.

I've also started to get this nagging feeling to start modeling Pacific War Japanese-USN carrier battle planes. . . .       Speaking of, back in the day, I built a 1/700 U.S.S. Yorktown that had about 20 Corsairs (or where they hellcats) sitting on the deck waiting for take off. Now those were some wee planes!   My mind is wandering again.  :rolleyes: ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

These arrived today (well, yesterday, now);

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 12, 2018, 07:27:08 AM
1 x Revell 1/35 German GTK Boxer sgSanKfz (RV 03241)*
1 x DEF Model 1/35 GTK Boxer (GTFz) Sagged Wheels Set for Revell kit #03093/03241 (8 wheels) (DEF-DW35028)
1 x Kitty Hawk 1/48 Sepecat Jaguar GR.1 / GR.3 (KH80106)

Along with a welfare package of 4 x BL.755 CBU's from Bungle!

Thanks a million, Andy! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Old Wombat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 15, 2018, 05:14:06 AM
Speaking of, back in the day, I built a 1/700 U.S.S. Yorktown that had about 20 Corsairs (or where they hellcats) sitting on the deck waiting for take off. Now those were some wee planes!   My mind is wandering again.  :rolleyes: ;D

If she was the Yorktown-class CV-5 USS Yorktown, & they were half-accurate to era, they would have been F4F-3 Wildcats.

If she was the Essex-class CV-10 USS Yorktown, they were probably F6F-3 Hellcats (to the best of my knowledge, which is far from encyclopaedic, she never flew F4U's).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

strobez

Quote from: Nils on June 15, 2018, 05:09:20 AM
just placed another online order for 1/144 kits from aliexpress  :mellow:

-3x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-20 Tigershark (ex-airfix/arii mould, to be upgraded with Revell F-5E parts)
-2 x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-4E Phantom II (Academy mould)
-2 x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel SAAB JAS-39 Gripen (ex-revell mould)
-1 x 1/144 Trumpeter Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback

Hmmm... do I see a pattern here?
Thanks!

Greg

Weaver

From Alley Cat Models:

1/72nd scale Basler BT-67 conversion (Dakota with turboprops) with Mauritanian decals
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on June 15, 2018, 05:14:06 AM
Quote from: zenrat on June 15, 2018, 04:39:30 AM
Same box art as well.

Yeah, a little intel would be good...  :wacko:

At this point I'll be happy if it isn't a PSR nightmare. Lacking in detail is fine with me, I just don't like wildly innacurate or PITA builds.  ;D ;D ;D   I think I'm pretty safe with this one in that arena...

Based on building other Hasegawa kits of the era expect it to look rightish and have fairly heavy rated detail with rivets the size of dinner plates.  There will be no inner undercarriage bays and minimal cockpit detail but you will get a pilot.  Some filler will be needed but it shouldn't have much in the way of flash as it dates from close to the start of the moulds long long lifespan.  The decals probably won't work but you might get lucky if it was stored well.

<edit> just looked in the box and I was wrong (it happens now and then).  Hasegawa Spit Mk.1 has raised detail but it is very subtle and there are no massive rivets.  Undercarriage bays have the inner sides closed.  Cockpit has a control panel, seat, stick and pilot.  Options are for a 2 bladed prop with a flat canopy or three bladed with a bulge.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Thanks!! I know I want to use the double prop so I guess the flat canopy is the one I want. I'll probably wind up looking at mine today. I haven't even opened up the box. For all I know it's full of sprue chunks and bubble gum wrappers.
-Sprues McDuck-

JayBee

From the big H

Special Hobby L-13 Blanik 1/72 scale.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on June 16, 2018, 02:15:30 AM

From the big H

Special Hobby L-13 Blanik 1/72 scale.

Oooh, I like the sound of that. I didn't know there was one in 1/72.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit