My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on June 08, 2018, 09:58:20 AM
Quote from: Nils on June 04, 2018, 12:02:21 PM
just placed a new online order on AliExpress

-1/144 MiniHobbyModel Mig-23 Flogger (ex-crown/airfix mould, to be converted to Mig-23BN)
-1/144 MiniHobbyModel Messerschmitt Bf.110G (ex-minicraft)
-1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-104G Starfighter (ex-crown/airfix, as a source for decals)

added the Mirage F-1 and SAAB Viggen to that order (was on special).  ;D

arrived today, the next batch is expected to arrive soon  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

1/144 seems to be the up and coming scale, to small for me unfortunately, even the usually 1/32 scale addicted SAMI has a few 1/144 build in the July issue which arrived yesterday.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

I can see the attraction to 1/144 but I think it's a young persons scale for those with good eyes and coordination.  Certainly in the case of single engined aircraft anyway.
I must admit there have been times when i've been tempted by Minicraft's C-97 variants.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Agree totally. At SMW there's even a 1/200 SIG, but a lot of those are metal cast I think, with very few pieces.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2018, 02:45:22 AM

I must admit there have been times when i've been tempted by Minicraft's C-97 variants.

Oooh yes, a lovely kit.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

strobez

Quote from: zenrat on June 28, 2018, 02:45:22 AM
I can see the attraction to 1/144 but I think it's a young persons scale for those with good eyes and coordination.  Certainly in the case of single engined aircraft anyway.

My recent forays into 1/144 have simply been rooted in the most practical of space considerations.  I'd love to build bigger, but even the simplest of diorama-style builds would quickly outstrip my shelf-space in 1/72. 
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Finally, thanks to BNA Model World I have in my possession an Eduard 1/72 MiG 21MF.

Whaa haa haarrr*...

By far the nicest '21 in my small (4) unbuilt collection i'm thinking Central American or African.

*evil laugh.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on June 15, 2018, 05:09:20 AM
just placed another online order for 1/144 kits from aliexpress  :mellow:

-3x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-20 Tigershark (ex-airfix/arii mould, to be upgraded with Revell F-5E parts)
-2 x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel F-4E Phantom II (Academy mould)
-2 x 1/144 MiniHobbyModel SAAB JAS-39 Gripen (ex-revell mould)
-1 x 1/144 Trumpeter Sukhoi Su-34 Fullback

arrived today, might order more F-4's, Gripen and Su-34's in the near future, as these are available supercheap  :thumbsup:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on June 29, 2018, 12:32:41 AM
Finally, thanks to BNA Model World I have in my possession an Eduard 1/72 MiG 21MF.

Whaa haa haarrr*...

By far the nicest '21 in my small (4) unbuilt collection i'm thinking Central American or African.

*evil laugh.

Yup it's very nice. Mine will be out of the box, probably the Malian one.

While we're on the subject of 1/144 I found I have at least 2 kits in that scale. 1 I knew about, the Eduard Mig 21 they gave out as the EDay entry kit a few years ago, but the other took me by surprise. It turns out I have the Revel Tornado in it's Magic Flight boxing !

Also while starting my "Grand Sort" I discovered a Zvezda 1/350 Battleship Oriol  :unsure: Marked up at half price - £7.50.

Now these 2 have turned up at the very beginning of the "Grand Sort" so what other long forgotten kits will turn up, let alone the various double/triple boxing's  ;)

TheChronicOne

:wacko:

Not buying a lot of stuff right now because I ran out of room for Airliners and they starting to encroach on my huge war-monger pile of 1/72 kits.  ;D   Still, I try to look for bargains and will try to snag things pried way cheap, so got this one for $15. It was another $8 in shipping but man did they ship it well! Nice sturdy box that I can re-use for other things. Etc.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That's a 'Good Buy' at that price Brad.  :thumbsup:

And a very good kit too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on June 30, 2018, 10:13:03 AM
That's a 'Good Buy' at that price Brad.  :thumbsup:

And a very good kit too.

Aye, thanks!!   I'm going to have to find some decals for it, though. I am NOT attempting the house livery. In some of the Zvesda kits that have those Boeing liveries, the transfers have ALL of it, but this one just has a couple wavy lines and I'm expected to mask all those horixontal stripes and air brush the blue fading part.  :o   Yikes!!!  I could probably manage it, but, do I want to? No way, man!  :o :o ;D

....I remember, not too long ago, I thought the "Dreamliner" was the A-380!!!!!
-Sprues McDuck-

The Chaos

zenrat

Two words.
Ram Jet.

Or am I nit picking?

Good score The Chaos.
:thumbsup:
Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 01, 2018, 04:22:33 AM

Good score The Chaos.
:thumbsup:

It is indeed and an eclectic one  :thumbsup:

I've been looking at those Modelcollect kits of the various E Panzers at shows and am sorely tempted