My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Chaos

NARSES2

I like the A9  :thumbsup: and that Airfix Magazine stirs memories. I would have been 17  :o and can certainly still remember the whole series of articles Chris Ellis wrote on converting the then new Airfix "Bren" Carrier. I wasn't modelling at the time as beer and girls had entered the scene, but still got Airfix Mag every month to keep in "touch".
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

I've STILL got that Airfix Mag stashed away somewhere! :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 08, 2018, 04:25:00 AM
I've STILL got that Airfix Mag stashed away somewhere! :o

I'm fairly sure I have Kit as that Battle conversion article rings a very recent bell
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Got home today to find three 'Tried to deliver a parcel' notes through the letterbox, but two of them had been left with a friendly neighbour.  :thumbsup:

One was a 1/72 Revell C-160 NG, courtesy of 'Leading Observer' (TOP bloke!  :thumbsup:) and the other was a kit of for a 40ft Hi-Cube container from C-Rail in Scotland.

Both of which are for my initial RAF GB build, only one part to come now, and I'll collect that from the PO tomorrow.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Can't wait to see this contraption . . .. .  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Last couple of weeks' worth of spoils:

LEGO kits!!! Got them both for going rate, although, the 3 in 1 VTOL thing is harder to get these days sealed at around or below MSRP.  I'm find out, the hard way, that if you want OOP LEGO kits that are new and sealed, you're going to be paying for them.  :rolleyes:   The cheapass in me can't tolerate that, so my collecting will be very slow going I imagine. But anyway!!! Yay for LEGO! I haven't played with any LEGO in about 25 years.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alright, this next deal is new, sealed and was only $15 and another $8 for shipping. I heard that it is sort of like their 757 and is a pile?? Hell, at $23 I'll take my chances....  sucker is big, too. Bigger than I thought, for sure. When the box showed up I couldn't figure out what it was because I didn't think I had ordered anything that big.. (you know, for being 1/144 and all!  ;D )

;D :lol:

I wasn't PLANNING on it, but I saw this at a starting bid way down low so I went for it. Got it for $10.50 and another $8.15 for shipping.  I was SO happy!!!!  Best part? It came with an extra set of the ESCI/ERTL decals which come with two liveries an also an aftermarket set of FEDEX transfers. With the glorious original kit decals that have three liveries I have a total of SIX options for a 1/72 civil F-27. Fantastic. Now, I still need one in 1/144......  I was trying to bid on a Doyusha kit but it just went too high..   :-\  But anyway:

Lastly, I heard some of yous talking about this Rotodyne contraption.. so I looked it up and became enthralled and amazed. Wow! An aircraft with a massive identity crisis! Fantastic!! I had to have one. I probably paid too much and know very very little about these.... I paid $25 and another $10 in shipping.  ;D ;D   It IS in great shape, though! Especially the transfers which I were expecting to be a pile of bunk.

The other thing... well...    $13 and another $8 to ship and kind of the same deal... I had to have it. I have no clue if that is decent or not but I did try to search for others and couldn't find any that weren't priced way up in the cosmos.. 

So that's it for the last couple of weeks. I have indeed bought more junk that is on the way so I'll be back eventually with that stuff.  :wacko:   
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Have no fear about that Minicraft 777 Brad, it's one of their best, but be aware that it has a giant version of the stupid wing spar thingies that they seem to be fixed on. Trying to get all three of the interleaved bits to fit together will drive you NUTS!  :banghead:

On my monster 777-900 I used my single Doyusha kit for that part of the model as it was essential that the wing joint was strong.

That Rotodyne kit you have is one of the re-releases which is actually better than the original version as Airfix tidied up the moulds quite nicely and re-did the decals! Amazing.

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Seeing that Rotodyne boxart has me wondering if it ever made that flight across London ?

I can remember building the Superfreighter and posing it discharging a Scorpion light tank  ;D

kitnut617

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 09, 2018, 01:46:42 AM
Seeing that Rotodyne boxart has me wondering if it ever made that flight across London ?

Well there's a record of it landing (or taking off) at London Heliport

https://www.helis.com/50s/rotodyne.php
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

TheChronicOne

Good info, folks, thanks!

That's a spiffy idea for the Superfreighter. I can make it some sort of military "what if" and find some 1/72 vehicles to go with it.
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

A Heller Noratlas arrived via the PO today, courtesy of Bungle (another top bloke  :thumbsup:) and that means I've got all the required bits for my RAF 100 GB build now.  :thumbsup:

Plastic carving may commence.  ;D

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 09, 2018, 02:45:30 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 09, 2018, 01:46:42 AM

Well there's a record of it landing (or taking off) at London Heliport

Cheers mate  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

They carried out the various noise tests there, even the really BAD ones!

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 09, 2018, 08:53:18 AM
A Heller Noratlas arrived via the PO today, courtesy of Bungle (another top bloke  :thumbsup:) and that means I've got all the required bits for my RAF 100 GB build now.  :thumbsup:

Plastic carving may commence.  ;D
:wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

-Sprues McDuck-