My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 09, 2018, 06:55:05 AM
Good info, folks, thanks!

That's a spiffy idea for the Superfreighter. I can make it some sort of military "what if" and find some 1/72 vehicles to go with it.

My idea for the Superfreighter is to convert it into a giant helicopter with engines in pods on the wing stubs: it would be a bit like a giant CH-37 Mohave.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

From ebay: 1/72nd Modelsvit Mirage 4000  :wub:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2018, 03:15:53 AM

That's a spiffy idea for the Superfreighter. I can make it some sort of military "what if" and find some 1/72 vehicles to go with it.

My idea for the Superfreighter is to convert it into a giant helicopter with engines in pods on the wing stubs: it would be a bit like a giant CH-37 Mohave.
Brilliant!!  It does have that look about it now that you mention it. That's a great idea..... you should start now, I'd love to see it. Or, no, don't start now..... start with the whirly-bird GB.  :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

After shipping, this was $30. Not bad! This is the largest 2 engine wide body airliner out there so I finally have another in my "largest/biggest/longest/etc-est" collection of things. It's also pretty new I think. 2016 on the box. This may be the newest model I've ever bought with exception maybe of the Vampire T.11 from Airfix I picked up a couple years ago to turn into Dracula's Vampire for the Transylvanian Air Corp.  :unsure: ;D    But anyway.. 

-Sprues McDuck-

Gondor

From Aviation Megastore and at the suggestion of the EKFG or Thorvic

1 x 1/72 Royal Thai Navy AV-8S Harrier decals by Siam Scale

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Old Wombat

On Monday these arrived home in the possession of Mrs Wombat.

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 03, 2018, 05:59:22 AM
3 x Resicast 1/35 Lewis Machine Guns & Supports (RES-352350)
1 x AFV Club 1/35 M1126 Stryker 8x8 ICV Infantry Carrier Vehicle (AFV-AF35126)
1 x ICM 1/48 WWII American Fighter Mustang P-51C (ICM 48121)
1 x Italeri 1/48 SBD-5 Dauntless (IT2673)

To say that SWMBO was not amused is putting it mildly but she grudgingly accepted it when I claimed them as a birthday present to myself (I turned 56 on Sunday).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 11, 2018, 07:45:57 AM
Quote from: Weaver on July 11, 2018, 03:15:53 AM

Brilliant!!  It does have that look about it now that you mention it. That's a great idea..... you should start now, I'd love to see it. Or, no, don't start now..... start with the whirly-bird GB.  :wacko:

It's on the To Do list, but it has a three-digit number... :rolleyes:

- Indiana Jones

jcf

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 11, 2018, 07:49:46 AM
After shipping, this was $30. Not bad! This is the largest 2 engine wide body airliner out there so I finally have another in my "largest/biggest/longest/etc-est" collection of things.

Only until the 777-9 hits the skies, it's 77m (252 ft) long.  ;D

strobez

As I reported in another thread, I just got my hands on a 1/144 scale 747-200 in an E-4B boxing.

I got it with a specific project in mind, but after checking out the plastic, I'm beginning to understand the appeal of the slippery slope that Brad has been gleefully sliding down.  Civil airliners are neato.
Thanks!

Greg

PR19_Kit

Quote from: strobez on July 11, 2018, 07:23:34 PM

........ I'm beginning to understand the appeal of the slippery slope that Brad has been gleefully sliding down.  Civil airliners are neato.

I've been saying that for decades!  ;D

They're not only neatly shaped, they come in all SORTS of colours. The exact opposite of most military types these days, which only seem to come in fifty shades of grey!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on July 11, 2018, 06:31:48 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 11, 2018, 07:49:46 AM
After shipping, this was $30. Not bad! This is the largest 2 engine wide body airliner out there so I finally have another in my "largest/biggest/longest/etc-est" collection of things.

Only until the 777-9 hits the skies, it's 77m (252 ft) long.  ;D

Damn!  :banghead: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2018, 01:11:23 AM
Quote from: strobez on July 11, 2018, 07:23:34 PM

........ I'm beginning to understand the appeal of the slippery slope that Brad has been gleefully sliding down.  Civil airliners are neato.

I've been saying that for decades!  ;D

They're not only neatly shaped, they come in all SORTS of colours. The exact opposite of most military types these days, which only seem to come in fifty shades of grey!

Aye!!!   
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Thanks to Weaver's ever vigilant eyes  :thumbsup: two of the 'tailless' Airfix Lightning F6s just arrived from the Big H.  :thumbsup:

I'm tempted to build one just as it's shown on the box lid and see if anyone notices.

"Well, that's what the box art's like so they must have made a mistake in the instructions....."  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 11, 2018, 05:46:04 PM
On Monday these arrived home in the possession of Mrs Wombat.

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 03, 2018, 05:59:22 AM
3 x Resicast 1/35 Lewis Machine Guns & Supports (RES-352350)
1 x AFV Club 1/35 M1126 Stryker 8x8 ICV Infantry Carrier Vehicle (AFV-AF35126)
1 x ICM 1/48 WWII American Fighter Mustang P-51C (ICM 48121)
1 x Italeri 1/48 SBD-5 Dauntless (IT2673)

To say that SWMBO was not amused is putting it mildly but she grudgingly accepted it when I claimed them as a birthday present to myself (I turned 56 on Sunday).

Quick thinking and congratulations  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Did some perusing this last week and found some deals I like!!! 

Got these 6 for $21 and change, shipping and all. One or two kits missing decals and the Supermarine Attacker is missing the left wing top. Everything else is complete.  :lol:

This next one is a neat lil jetliner plane. I offered them price of $7.81 and they accepted. It was another $10.65 in shipping.

Not sure what a Western equivalent would be? Merely looking at the box art it seems smaller than a 737 so is it a lil regional jet type thing?  If so, that's pretty cool!  The littler airliners are harder to find.  :lol: :lol: 

This next one I really like!! I've been sort of off and on looking for one for a while now but wasn't the day I saw the listing. I wounds up paying $22.50 plus another $10.50 shipping.

It came with a nifty map thing and information on the back:

-Sprues McDuck-