My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Kit's going to be jealous about the ANT-25. ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Old Wombat on July 12, 2018, 08:29:53 PM
Kit's going to be jealous about the ANT-25. ;D

I was going to say, "Paging Dr. Kit."   ...........     but I knew it would be totally unnecessary!!    :laugh: :laugh: :wacko: ;D ;D ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Hehehehe, you guys know me too well.  :thumbsup:

While that Ant-25 has got the most WONDERFULLY long wings, it's not the prettiest plane on the block, is it?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on July 12, 2018, 10:16:46 PM
Hehehehe, you guys know me too well.  :thumbsup:

While that Ant-25 has got the most WONDERFULLY long wings, it's not the prettiest plane on the block, is it?

It's not that bad  :angel:. I've seen a few on tables at shows recently as well.

Some of those boxes are a right trip down memory lane  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

It was a glorious week in model kit buying!  :laugh: :laugh:    I love snagging them vintage kits. Gipsy Moth.... I never heard of and the box and art are interesting.
-Sprues McDuck-

Spey_Phantom

Another Aliexpress order, for more WHIF fodder and parts sources  :mellow:

-1/144 Mini Hobby Models Mig-25 Foxbat
-1/144 Mini Hobby Models P-38 Lightning
-1/144 Mini Hobby Models F-111E
-1/144 Mini Hobby Models Mig-21PF
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

ChernayaAkula

Just three kits added in the last two months:

1/72 Airfix Hawk Mk 120/128/132 - probably real world. Most likely a black RAF T.2 with Xtradecal IV(R) Sqn 100th anniversary fin markings.

1/72 Hasegawa Mitsubishi F-2A ADTW w/ newly-tooled plastic ASM-3 and AAM-5 - also real world. Some of the demonstrator liveries are really cool. Got a second kit on the way, with the new missiles intended for a whif.

1/72 Modelsvit Su-22M3 Fitter - very nice kit! Finally a really good kit of the Fitter. Very likely also real world. Either that crazy splinter-camo'ed Fitter from Azerbaijan OR a Soviet mud-mover. Ah, who am I kidding? I need a second kit!  :wacko:

Three kits added to the stash, but I also sold a massive part of the stash. Sold a bit more than 250 kits on two German forums (international shipping is a killer!). Stash is now firmly on the sane side of the 1000 kits mark (when you're talking about 1000 kits, IS there even a sane side?). A couple more and it'll be below 900 kits. I figured I had at least three lives' worth of kits and decided that I could probably sell one of those "lives". No regrets so far. Actually, that's a lie. I sold both my Airfix Hawk 120s. Which I almost immediately regretted and which is why I did get the one above to at least have one. But apart from that, it mostly feels pretty good.

Also nuked the Shelf of Doom. Safe for a few ending up as paint test birds, most of the half-built/unpainted kits I didn't touch in almost twenty years were simply trashed. Would've never finished these. Mostly sloppily constructed anyway. Weren't up to my present standards and would've been too time-consuming to restore. Felt genuinely good to clear house. A good friend of mine recently commented on the "kinda accusing look of these sad half-built models", their reminding me that actually building (and finishing!) something is kinda difficult at the moment and, you know,... she's right.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

JayBee

Just arrived from the big H.
The infamous Airfix "tail-less" Lightning F6, X2.
!/144 scale Miniwings (plastic) BAC Strikemaster. Two in the box one of which I have cunning scalorama plans for.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on July 19, 2018, 05:47:30 AM

The infamous Airfix "tail-less" Lightning F6, X2.

I've been wondering what the heck people were talking about, so I looked at the box. Still took me an age to realise  :banghead:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Well just purchased my fifth Revell BK-117 helicopter (that trip to Germany has a lot to answer for!) which means I now have two kits that I don't have planned (real-world) ADAC schemes for. I'm thinking of putting one towards a RAF Centenary GB build - thoughts being that back in 1996 this helicopter was chosen for the Defence Helicopter Flying School instead of the Griffin.

Also ended up (partially to reduce overall postage cost per item) with ANOTHER 1:450 Revell Boeing 747 - this may well be the Hemp one!  :o ;D

And yesterday I got the Revell F4U Corsair - it'll be a OOB build - I just LOVE :wub: that FAA scheme  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: Knightflyer on July 19, 2018, 08:16:47 AM
Also ended up (partially to reduce overall postage cost per item) with ANOTHER 1:450 Revell Boeing 747 - this may well be the Hemp one!  :o ;D

Very good plan, I support that!

Here, a Hasegawa Ki-44 popped up. I can see this one in Hungarian markings...

Mossie

Three sheets of XPS (extruded polystyrene foam), 1mm, 2mm and 10mm.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

I'd be interested to hear what you think of the Roden 720, AFAIK it's the only time a 720 has been kitted, at least in 1/144.

And are the RJ85s the later versions? The early ones had 'squashed' engines and Revell re-issued the kit with better moulded, fatter ones.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Yeah buddy, these are both the two newest boxings of the RJ 85. These planes are weird... they're a visual trip; if not for windows, one could confuse it for a massive cargo plane. .. .   

The 720B is neat. And yeah, same here, as far as I can tell, Roden is the only game in town for one. I paid up a little for it...   They make a bunch of boxings of 720's but this one (and maybe the United? what I read says only PAN AM is correct, but maybe United came out after) is the only one with the proper sized engines. There's others though, like one for the band Deep Purple and some other bands...  "Chariot" somethings. I got to reading and apparently all the engines in these are for the 720B but only the Pan Am boxing is -actually- the 720B. The others were earlier or different 720s so the engines in those kits are 25% too large.This is what lead me to get the Pan Am instead of one of the rock stars' plane. That old school PAN AMERICAN livery is glorious anyway.  :mellow: :mellow: 

The parts LOOK super. Very clean and nicely detailed with engraved panel lines that aren't massively over scale in 1/144 yet are still too large..... still, I'd leave 'em, they look cool!!!  Paint cover some of that anyway. But, it's like the old Airfix in that it has fuselage windows and come with clear inserts, yet, like Minicraft in that the cockpit windscreens come as a piece that contains the surrounding fuselage and nose, so that's good!   

Transfers in there look really nice but have window openings printed into the cheatline so if one wants to sand the fuselage smooth and use windows transfers, they'll have to buy them third party.

Can't find the gear struts without opening the thing....   wheels look right, though!

But yeah, overall this looks really nice!!No flash or funky stuff going on, I don't see any sink marks or pin marks. If it builds as nice as it looks, it should be a fun lil project.

All I need now is the Boeing 717 (MD-95  ;D ) and I will have at least one of each Boeing model jetliner 7x7 series (I THINK). If anyone knows of any oddballs, please let me know.
-Sprues McDuck-