My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2018, 06:03:13 AM
Anyway whilst walking up the main road I noticed the large Home Bargains, never really noticed it before, and yes they had some Spitfires so I bought 2 just so I didn't feel left out  ;)

Lucky you!  The Hereford branch tells me they didn't get any as "most of them have been sold in North East England"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

TheChronicOne

Quote from: strobez on July 30, 2018, 09:47:27 PM
Not 100% sure, but that looks like the Starfix T-38 Talon to me.  I have that kit and even though I haven't built it, looking at the sprues didn't give me pause.  It pretty much looks like any other standard kit of its era.  Given your love of vintage kits, you might be pleasantly surprised.
Nice!! Yeah, I love me some old kits, I'll snap them suckers up. It's Starfix alright. I keep hearing that they are total trash and I suppose it's true to a (large?) extent but I can't imagine every single thing they've made is utter garbage. I've seen pics of an in-progress C-5 Galaxy and it looked perfectly alright to me, in fact I started off and on trying to find one myself (for the right price, that is). 

I'm fighting the urge to open it up and have a go at the plastic.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2018, 03:51:30 AM
Hmmm T-28.  IIRC the Royal Laos Air Force operated them which means you could do a RW build with their groovy Elephant roundels.
:thumbsup:

Say no more fam.

;D

I just need to find some transfers I guess.  ;D

(I just went and looked at pictures, an exceedingly cool subject for sure  :mellow:  )
-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

Quote from: Rheged on July 31, 2018, 09:34:41 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on July 31, 2018, 06:03:13 AM
Anyway whilst walking up the main road I noticed the large Home Bargains, never really noticed it before, and yes they had some Spitfires so I bought 2 just so I didn't feel left out  ;)

Lucky you!  The Hereford branch tells me they didn't get any as "most of them have been sold in North East England"

I found mine in Aberystwyth, get yourself there now then. Take the Beulah to Tregaron road if you feel up to a driving challenge.  :wacko:

Funny enough I came home through Hereford last Thursday night. Stopped in Morrisons to get a kitchen bin that Mum had seen on sale, this was the third store I tried. She told me yesterday that she'd been to another Morrison before I did and could have got one there if she'd thought of it....  :banghead:

zenrat

Quote from: TheChronicOne on July 31, 2018, 09:55:50 AM
Quote from: zenrat on July 31, 2018, 03:51:30 AM
Hmmm T-28.  IIRC the Royal Laos Air Force operated them which means you could do a RW build with their groovy Elephant roundels.
:thumbsup:

Say no more fam.

;D

I just need to find some transfers I guess.  ;D

(I just went and looked at pictures, an exceedingly cool subject for sure  :mellow:  )

My sister-in-law is Laotian.  I fancy doing something with those markings myself in which case i'll print some and will do extra for you.  I just need to choose something (un)suitable.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

Just arrived from the Big H.
All 1/72

Airfix Defiant Mk1
KPM Spitfire Vb "early"
IOM S.E. 203 Aquilon (the old Frog Sea Venom in disguise)
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on August 01, 2018, 04:25:30 AM

Does it have the extra intakes?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Just arrived from the Big H.
All 1/72

Airfix Defiant Mk1

Catching, isn't it  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

JayBee

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2018, 04:32:19 AM

Which ones?
What it does have is quite a lot of flash!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on August 01, 2018, 06:42:53 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 01, 2018, 04:32:19 AM

Which ones?
What it does have is quite a lot of flash!

I thought the Aquilons had a couple of extra intakes on the back of the cowling, spaced either side of the canopy.

Or was that another French Vampire/Venom variation? The standard FROG kit has one intake, right on the centre line, but they tend to get lost in all that flash.  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

The kit has not been changed and only gives the one intake.

Cats are not real. 

Spey_Phantom

new stash additions from north of the border :D

-revell 1/72 F-104G Starfighter
-revell 1/72 MBB BK117
-revell 1/72 Horten Ho229
-Italeri 1/72 F-15C Eagle
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

The French built Vampire, the Mistral engine had intakes that were increased in size.

Aquilon 203 had an extended nose and full sliding canopy.

TheChronicOne

:mellow: :mellow:

Also, got a bottle of Microsol and a bottle of Microset. Never used the stuff before but I keep saying to myself, "I wish I had some right now" when in sticky situations trying to get decals on.
-Sprues McDuck-

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Nils on August 01, 2018, 07:12:01 AM
-Italeri 1/72 F-15C Eagle
A good choice for whiffing, for it comes with the CFT's hanging the rarely seen AA pylons and the Station 1/9 outer wing pylons <_<