My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Wombat

Just a small purchase today of some upgrade bits for future builds:

2 x Aires 1/48 US. Radial Engine R-2800 (Late) (AIR 4224)
1 x Panzer Art 1/35 Road Wheels for US Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle (ICV) (9pcs) (RE35-123) (Hopefully these are for the AFV Club kit or are universal, as there was nothing to indicate which kits they were for)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Snowtrooper on August 01, 2018, 12:36:20 PM
Quote from: Nils on August 01, 2018, 07:12:01 AM
-Italeri 1/72 F-15C Eagle
A good choice for whiffing, for it comes with the CFT's hanging the rarely seen AA pylons and the Station 1/9 outer wing pylons <_<

i noticed that, i might have to get another one and convert it into a F-15SE  ;D
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

zenrat

From Hobby Link Japan;

Uschi van der whatsit Fine Veneer Plywood decals - for an idea I have for the racing GB.
A selection of various sizes of super skinny masking tape.
Aoshima 1/24 Sugo Asurada GSX (this is a car from the Cyber Formula Anime - to be built OOB).
Tamiya 1/48 JS-2 Heavy Tank.
Airfix 1/72 Me-262 (single seater, new mould).  This has no swastikas on the decal sheet.
Eduard 1/72 FW-190 A5/A8 Grun Hertz dual combo.  One may be Finnish to accompany a Finnish Me 110.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Super skinny masking tape was one of my best discoveries at a SMW of a few years ago. It has so many uses other then as masking tape.  :thumbsup:

I never noticed the lack of swastikas in the Airfix kit when I built it, brain must have automatically gone to the sheet of them I have. It's a nice kit, but be careful with the engine nacelle to wing joint. Will probably need some putty.

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2018, 01:55:50 AM
From Hobby Link Japan;

Uschi van der whatsit Fine Veneer Plywood decals - for an idea I have for the racing GB.

What scale as a matter of interest ? I got some Tauro ones many years ago for an Eduard 1/48 Albatross. Needless to say it never got built  :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on August 03, 2018, 06:14:58 AM
Super skinny masking tape was one of my best discoveries at a SMW of a few years ago. It has so many uses other then as masking tape.  :thumbsup:

I never noticed the lack of swastikas in the Airfix kit when I built it, brain must have automatically gone to the sheet of them I have. It's a nice kit, but be careful with the engine nacelle to wing joint. Will probably need some putty.

Quote from: zenrat on August 03, 2018, 01:55:50 AM
From Hobby Link Japan;

What scale as a matter of interest ? I got some Tauro ones many years ago for an Eduard 1/48 Albatross. Needless to say it never got built  :angel:

Skinny tape for canopy framing?  Check.
But also for masking pinstripes on cars and cheat lines on zi aircraft.
Lack of swastikas isn't an issue as I don't and won't ever use them.  I do however find it interesting which kits include them and which don't.
The Uschi vdR decals are 1/72, 1/48 & 1/32.  I've been interested in trying them for a while.  I've used similar woodgrain decals on car models and they work well.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Chaos

NARSES2

The Wooksta!

From ebay:

KPM Spitfire Vc "4 cannon over Malta"

From Uncle Frank:
Dora Wings Percival Proctor mk 1 "Czech"
KPM Spitfire Vc "Malta"

The Spit is interesting, because it's their standard Vb with the later canopy (internal armour glass screen) but with a new sprue for the Vc wing.  This means that you've a B wing spare to upgrade any of the other single stage Merlin kits.  The C wing comes with the standard tips integral with the wing uppers, so if you want a clipped wing, you cut them off.  Finally! Someone somewhere has realised that it's easier to cut them off than assemble them! 

Comment elsewhere said "it'll be the Sword kit".  Well, no, you're wrong.  It's most definitely not the Sword kit, but the C wing does have more than a passing resemblance to the wing from the Fujimi Griffon spits - the wing in the AZ/KP mk IX was definitely pirated from the Fujimi wing and I can prove it.  Actually, there's lots of bits in the AZ/KPM Spits that are pirated from elsewhere.  One good thing about the wing being similar to the one in the mk IX is that I can swap the wing uppers for a normal span IX and the clipped wings go on the Vc.

Upshot of this is that I'll be getting quite a few more of these particular kits, if only for spare wings. And this is despite having a fair few spare wings in the various Sword kits.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Howard of Effingham

From the Avon Show today!

All in 1/72

2 Sword FJ Fury's [1 each of the FJ-2 and FJ-3 variants]
Special Hobby TT-1 Pinto
Trumpeter EE Lightning F6
Special Hobby Bell X-1A/D
Keeper of George the Cat.

TheChronicOne

Continuing the line of U.S. Presidential aircraft, I bought this thing for $6 and another $6 in shipping. Ol' boy had "best offer" on it and at first I sent an offer of $5.31 I think it was.. or something... then I realized I was being a cheapass penny penching tool and just bought it for the asking price which was very reasonable.

This next one is a bit of a departure from model "building" as it is 90% done already. You have to attach all the gear, wings, tailplanes, and engines but it's all pre painted and the like. Still, it's a model, so I figured I'd mention it. It's a 1/172 scale Boeing 747 "Eva Air." It is VERY nice! It comes with a display stand for gear up. This is what previous owner did as the baggy for the landing gear is still sealed. It can also be gear down of course..   But anyway.. the fuselage is metal and VERY heavy. I could beat someone to death with it. It's quite substantial..  but, wow, for some pre-made stuff it is very nice looking and I only paid $10 for it!! Another $10 shipping. If not for that, I wouldn't have bought it.

Once I put it together I'll take pics and put it in my blog thread. This thing is very nice for some ol' pre-made stuff!  :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

McColm

Just bought a broken/ in need of repair 1/72 B-36 Peacemaker from eBay.

strobez

Long awaited arrival at my house today...

1/100 Area 88 Harrier from Takara... complete with a mini 1/24 scale figure of Kim Abba

1/144 Area 88 F-14A Tomcat with 1/12 resin figure of Mickey Simon.

1/144 F-8 Crusader and A-4E Skyhawk from Platz

1/144 Otaki F-100D Super Sabre... this kit shows it's age.  The instructions are "glue two halves together and then glue on the wings... done".  I think it's 4 parts.  It will need some love.

These were all hard fought/hard won off Yahoo Japan Auctions... but that's probably the last time I do that.  I had to use Buyee.jp as an intermediary to purchase from Japanese sellers.  I paid a premium.  I got the kits at a good price, but once you add up the Buyee.jp service fee, the domestic shipping to the Buyee warehouse (which was a hidden cost to me), the package consolidation fee and then the international shipping... ouch.  It was only partially worth it to consolidate the shipping... even though they charge you for that service. The individual shipping charges make me shudder.

Oh well, it was a fun new shopping experience, and I was able to get my hands on some kits that don't seem to be otherwise available... I just won't do it again is all. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

Old Wombat

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 01, 2018, 09:25:25 PM
2 x Aires 1/48 US. Radial Engine R-2800 (Late) (AIR 4224)
1 x Panzer Art 1/35 Road Wheels for US Stryker Infantry Carrier Vehicle (ICV) (9pcs) (RE35-123) (Hopefully these are for the AFV Club kit or are universal, as there was nothing to indicate which kits they were for)

Arrived today. All beautifully cast but I haven't had a chance to check the wheels against my AFV Club Stryker, yet.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

sandiego89

Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 05, 2018, 07:39:09 PM
It's a 1/172 scale Boeing 747 "Eva Air." It is VERY nice! It comes with a display stand for gear up. This is what previous owner did as the baggy for the landing gear is still sealed. It can also be gear down of course..   But anyway.. the fuselage is metal and VERY heavy. I could beat someone to death with it. It's quite substantial..  but, wow, for some pre-made stuff it is very nice looking and I only paid $10 for it!! Another $10 shipping. If not for that, I wouldn't have bought it.

Wow, well bought!  It will be a monster!
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA