My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandiego89

Why do I do this to myself :-\

Lindberg blowout at Ollies Discount Center- a cheap discount store in the Eastern USA where you never know what they will have in stock.

Tirpitz 1/350, $12.99
Phantom "battle damage" 1/72.  $4.99 (x3)
B-58 in the oh so popular 1/64 scale. $9.99

Lindberg makes me think "why?" but then these low prices have the voice inside me say "why not?".  We need a "bad/cheap kit" GB.   

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 07, 2018, 02:10:59 PM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on August 05, 2018, 07:39:09 PM

It's a 1/172 scale Boeing 747 "Eva Air."

Wow, well bought!  It will be a monster!

It's 1/172 scale, not 1/72, so it won't be that big really.

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 07, 2018, 02:19:21 PM

Phantom "battle damage" 1/72.  $4.99 (x3)
B-58 in the oh so popular 1/64 scale. $9.99

Is that battle damage F-4 the old IMC one? It looks similar if only because it's a recce version.

And I've got one of those 1/64 Hustlers myself and it's not bad, but I suspect it's a prototype as it doesn't have the tail gun etc. It comes with the tricky ejection seats with 'shields' over the crews too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Snowtrooper

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 07, 2018, 02:19:21 PM
Lindberg makes me think "why?" but then these low prices have the voice inside me say "why not?".  We need a "bad/cheap kit" GB.   
"Why?" only if you want them to represent RW items. For whiffery, kitbashing, and scale-o-rama (preferably all three considering what you're dealing with) they have much more value for money ;D

NARSES2

When I was growing up Lindberg always fascinated me for some reason. They just screamed USA at me, far more so then Revell or Monogram.

Tirpitz looks interesting
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

My first ever plastic kit was a Lindberg B-17, also in 1/64 I think.

I can distinctly remember sitting on the bus taking it home to RAF Abingdon, with it held lid upwards so everyone could see how HUGE it was.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

That Hustler!!   Nice scores, there.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Got these because I wanted the Basset very much!  So, I shelled out $25 for these after shipping:

Love the Basset... will be a good companion to the Dolominie I got last week or whatever.  :mellow: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

The Bassett was re-popped about 2 yrs ago in Airfix's Kitstarter programme. In fact it was the ONLY kit done under that scheme, and I'd have thought some of those might be available on eBay still.

I got a couple of them, and it surely is a terrific looking aircraft.

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

The Polikarpov PO-2 looks like a neat subject, too. :mellow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

The Lindberg box art, or at least the centre of focus, is quite nice as well.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Hell, they're all really neat, to be honest. It wasn't just the Beagle that seduced me. Indeed, I had never seen that Po-2 kit before and if you look at the box art, that sucker is shooting at what looks to be a 190. Talk about an underdog! I always root for the underdog.  :lol:  I know nothing about it... is it a bomber?  Tail gunner and stuff...    pretty cool.  :mellow:

Today arrived a set of transfers to make this bird:

A defunct airline. Pretty interesting livery there.
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

The Po2 "had the advantage of having a maximum speed that was lower than the stall speed of both the Messerschmitt Bf 109 and the Focke-Wulf Fw 190, as a result, German pilots found them very difficult to shoot down".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

just got back from our local Wings & Wheels event at Ursel Airfield (ex-RAF Airfield B67, pictures to follow soon).

got some new stash treasures  :thumbsup:

-Revell 1/144 Airbus A321
-KP 1/72 Aero C-3A
-Dragon 1/144 EA-6B prowler
-PM Model 1/72 Hawker Sea Fury FB.11
-Heller-Humbrol 1/72 Lockheed F-94B Starfire
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: zenrat on August 10, 2018, 04:32:01 AM
The Po2 "had the advantage of having a maximum speed that was lower than the stall speed of both the Messerschmitt Bf 109 and the Focke-Wulf Fw 190, as a result, German pilots found them very difficult to shoot down".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Witches

Now I REALLY like it!!  :lol: :lol:  :mellow: :mellow: 

In other news, this just arrived! I never seen one before but I knew I had to have it. $23 after shipping and ... well, I don't know .. I guess that's pretty good.

French Renault vehicles....   No clue what else is in there. Probably nothing. Would be nice if a figure or two came with it.
-Sprues McDuck-

NARSES2

I do remember the Bobkit range, if not that kit it'self. I think it was yet another attempt to involve youngsters in the hobby ?

Meanwhile I finally succumbed and the recently released Airfix 1/72 Wellington arrived. It looks stunning, even has the Elsen toilet. Amazing interior, most of which will disappear. I can remember saying to the lad behind the Airfix stand at Telford it could do with the option of a clear fuselage half.