My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Got this last friday from ebay sellers, lovely teeth for the Phantom and Microsol to use on them.

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

TheChronicOne

Look like they sent you some candy, too.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Scotaidh

Received today a 1/72 Airfix Hampden from the folks at Rare Planes Detective.  A' propos of absolutely nothing, if one were to, say, "stack" two 1000 hp radial engines, would that produce a 2000 hp power plant? 
Thistle dew, Pig - thistle dew!

Where am I going?  And why am I in a handbasket?

It's dark in the dark when it's dark. Ancient Ogre Proverb

"All right, boyz - the plan iz 'Win.'  And if ya lose, it's yer own fault 'coz ya didn't follow the plan."

Old Wombat

A bit of a Bits'n'Pieces spree over the last week;

Order 1:
1 x Reskit 1/48 US B-25 Mitchell Wheels Set for Academy/Accurate Miniatures/Italeri/Revell kits (RS48-0087)
1 x Royal Models 1/35 Garbage Bin (RM809)
1 x Reskit 1/48 F4U Corsair/F6F Hellcat Land Based Wheels Set for Tamiya/Hobby Boss/Revell kits (RS48-0105)
2 x Juweela 1/35, 1/32 Flexible Sandbags (100pcs, Each Sandbag Size: 23 x 12 x 2mm) (JUW-20014)
2 x Djiti's Production 1/35 Modern Ratchet Straps (15 ratchet straps in three positions) (DJIT-35028)
2 x Djiti's Production1/35 Military Stretchers Set (2 sets) (DJIT-35042)

Order 2:
1 x Legend Productions 1/35 US Army Stryker AFV Driver (LF0133)
2 x DEF Model 1/35 IDF M48/M60 Magach Urdan Cupola set (DEF-DM35074)
1 x DEF Model1/35 Modern US Military Equipment Set (DEF-DM35070)
1 x Voyager Models 1/35 Modern German L7A3 105mm Gun Barrel w/smoke discharger (Leopard1C2 MEXAS used) (VBS0186)
1 x SKP Models 1/35 Stryker Lenses and Tail Lights for AFV Club/Trumpeter kits (SKP-116)
1 x Takom Models 1/35 Bundeswehr T3 Transporter Truck, Double Cab (TAK2014)

Order 1 should arrive tomorrow, with any luck (was meant to get here today), & Order 2 should arrive early next week ... Sometime ... Maybe.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Rheged

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 21, 2018, 06:26:41 AM

Order 1:
1 x Reskit 1/48 US B-25 Mitchell Wheels Set for Academy/Accurate Miniatures/Italeri/Revell kits (RS48-0087)
1 x Reskit 1/48 F4U Corsair/F6F Hellcat Land Based Wheels Set for Tamiya/Hobby Boss/Revell kits (RS48-0105)
2 x Juweela 1/35, 1/32 Flexible Sandbags (100pcs, Each Sandbag Size: 23 x 12 x 2mm) (JUW-20014)
2 x Djiti's Production 1/35 Modern Ratchet Straps (15 ratchet straps in three positions) (DJIT-35028)

I am particularly intrigued by this purchase.  No doubt some incredibly cunning plan is in place for its use.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

The Big Gimper

This kit arrived yesterday. It is my:

Labour Day present
Halloween present
Thanksgiving present
Remembrance Day present
Christmas present
Boxing Day present
New Years Eve present

I might also add drop tanks and maybe Blue Jay missiles.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

PR19_Kit

A can of Halfords Ford Strato Silver to replace the one that tried to paint me.........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Wooksta!

I can reveal the expensive toy that I got with that nice cheque from Royal London.

A 1-1 scale replica Federation trooper rifle from the BBC series Blake's 7.  I've been wanting one of these for YEARS!  I even had a go at scratchbuilding one in the early 90s.

I also got this:

This is a 3d printed model of a Federation Pursuit ship (Starburst class), also from Blake's 7.  It's actually a kit, albeit without instructions but I think i can work out what goes where.  Very little clean up and it almost clips together.  I actually got the wrong one - I meant to get the larger one.  It's an incredible piece of... moulding? casting?  For the price - £30 - I think it's superb value, given the quality.

The same bunch do some other Blake's 7 ships, so they're now in my watch list.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

Quote from: Rheged on August 21, 2018, 07:27:22 AM

Order 1:

I am particularly intrigued by this purchase.  No doubt some incredibly cunning plan is in place for its use.

Not really, it's to see what the kit's like & how many bins I get for the price. If they're worth it, I'll buy a couple more to "busy-up" my diorama scenery.

The Big Gimper

Quote from: The Wooksta! on August 21, 2018, 04:02:00 PM
I can reveal the expensive toy that I got with that nice cheque from Royal London.

A 1-1 scale replica Federation trooper rifle from the BBC series Blake's 7.  I've been wanting one of these for YEARS!  I even had a go at scratchbuilding one in the early 90s.

I also got this:

This is a 3d printed model of a Federation Pursuit ship (Starburst class), also from Blake's 7.  It's actually a kit, albeit without instructions but I think i can work out what goes where.  Very little clean up and it almost clips together.  I actually got the wrong one - I meant to get the larger one.  It's an incredible piece of... moulding? casting?  For the price - £30 - I think it's superb value, given the quality.

The same bunch do some other Blake's 7 ships, so they're now in my watch list.

Thank you for using the correct spelling of "cheque". Across the pond here "check" is used far too frequently and it drives me crazy.  :banghead:
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 21, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

Order 1:

Not really, it's to see what the kit's like & how many bins I get for the price. If they're worth it, I'll buy a couple more to "busy-up" my diorama scenery.

What are the ratchets like?  I need something to hold the D9 dozer onto the back of the Kraz.  I'd like lever dogs but ratchets could do the job.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Old Wombat

Quote from: zenrat on August 22, 2018, 03:02:55 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on August 21, 2018, 05:44:20 PM

Order 1:

What are the ratchets like?  I need something to hold the D9 dozer onto the back of the Kraz.  I'd like lever dogs but ratchets could do the job.

Small. ;)

Resin. No instructions but that shouldn't be an issue. Look pretty good on the stubs (ie: they look like strap ratchets). Removing them from the stubs without breaking them looks to be the biggest challenge (for me, anyway). Looks like 1mm Tamiya tape should suffice as the straps.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Quote from: The Big Gimper on August 22, 2018, 02:47:56 AM
Thank you for using the correct spelling of "cheque". Across the pond here "check" is used far too frequently and it drives me crazy.  :banghead:

I had to proof read adverts in my last job - spelling and grammar errors largely boil my urine - so I'll edit my posts repeatedly if I see any.  I alway enjoy pulling them out of menus in restaurants.  My Head Chef is also really bad with it too.

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat