My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bungle

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 03, 2018, 01:30:12 PM
Just won on ebay:
Magna Stirling V conversion.

I only really want to do one Stirling transport.  I really bought it for the decals, as not only are the decals for two Stirling transports in the kit, but there's also a set of markings for Lancastrians, which include Argentinian and Al Italia.

I have an Airkit Spitfire F.Mk.21 resin I stumbled on in a box of odds and sods. Happily swap it for the Stirling conversion without the decals if you are agreeable..
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

The Wooksta!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

From BNA Model World who have provided fantastically quick service.

No firm ideas but one possible whiff route is PDRV Republican Police.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That is interesting and has me thinking of Pearl Jam's Push me, pull me for some daft reason ?

What's it's armament ? A M.G.34 and a recoiless rifle ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

I've never seen an armoured car like that before -- like Chris says --- interesting. I'm assuming it has steering at both ends, can it be driven from both ends too ?
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Spey_Phantom

after 2 months of waiting, the (for now last) stash additions have finaly arrived  ;D

-1/144 Mini Hobby Models Mig-25 Foxbat (to be converted into another aircraft for the RAF GB)
-1/144 Mini Hobby Models Mig-21PF Fishbed
-1/144 Mini Hobby Models P-38E Lightning
-1/144 Mini Hobby Models F-111E Aardvark
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

jcf

ADGZ page on Warwheels.net, the best online armoured car resource:
http://www.warwheels.net/ADGZindex.html

Turret armament a 20mm KwK 35 L/42 and an 8mm MG,
another 8 mm MG in hull, both most likely the standard
8mm Shwarzlose, probably replaced with 7.92 MG 13 in
the German used machines.

McColm

As the Revell 1/72 Breguet Br.1150 Atlantic is becoming a rare find  and expensive to buy, I have been lucky enough to get the Mach2 version.
I know that it's not the best kit to buy but with a bit of perseverance something decent can be achieved.

Usborne cut-out-model Medieval Castle.
I'm going to use this as a template. Using Pringles tubes, card and embossed modelling papers. I'll need to get another Castle in the series which has a keep  based on the Tower of London.

NARSES2

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 07, 2018, 07:17:50 AM
I've never seen an armoured car like that before -- like Chris says --- interesting. I'm assuming it has steering at both ends, can it be driven from both ends too ?

Yup, a driver at each end mate. So ready for a quick getaway.

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 07, 2018, 01:34:15 PM

Off course it would have initialy been a Shwarlose, I forgot it was Austrian  :banghead:

Cheers Jon
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2018, 02:15:39 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on September 07, 2018, 07:17:50 AM

Yup, a driver at each end mate. So ready for a quick getaway.

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 07, 2018, 01:34:15 PM

Off course it would have initialy been a Shwarlose, I forgot it was Austrian  :banghead:

Cheers Jon

According to one website there were proposals to fit them with the turrets from captured Soviet T26 light tanks.  This is the turret that was also fitted to the BA3 armoured car.  I have one of these spare...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Leading Observer

Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2018, 02:59:38 AM
From BNA Model World who have provided fantastically quick service.

No firm ideas but one possible whiff route is PDRV Republican Police.

Looks like a candidate for 2 Scout cars to me
LO

Observation is the most enduring of lifes pleasures

The Chaos

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 08, 2018, 06:40:56 AM

According to one website there were proposals to fit them with the turrets from captured Soviet T26 light tanks.  This is the turret that was also fitted to the BA3 armoured car.  I have one of these spare...

Now that's an interesting idea  :thumbsup:

Looking at the box art I just noticed the way the driver's vision flap hinges open. Make traversing the turret interesting ? If you forgot to raise either the main or secondary armament then they look as though they would clash and even if you did remember then the ball of the m.g. looks as though it would. Probably just the box art, but one never knows.

Quote from: The Chaos on September 08, 2018, 11:21:55 AM
new at my stash.

I have been tempted and I may well order that and a couple of the new releases to pick up at Telford. And yes I am aware of the pitfalls of Unicraft  :banghead:

Old Wombat

A few photo's of the real M35 Panzerwagen;

Other photo's show that the armoured flaps seem to have always been closed even when there was only the merest threat of action.

The front/rear driving position had already been used by the Germans for their Sd.Kfz. 231 & Sd.Kfz. 232 series vehicles (8-wheelers shown below, there were 6-wheelers);

(Note that the Sd.Kfz 232 is, basically, a Sd.Kfz 231 with one of those funky German "bed-frame" radio antennas mounted on it.)

& was used more recently in the SpPz 2 Luchs.

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Dizzyfugu

An Academy 1:72 Fw 190 D and an Airfix 1:72 Harrier GR.3.