My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Those boxes used to fade very badly at the time. At the LHS I helped out at in Oxford we never put Hasegawa boxes in the window as we'd never be able to sell them, they were all kept in the racks, and I usually built one of the kits for the window display instead.

We actually sold a few of the display models like that, a great idea.  ;D :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Finally found myself with some spending money...   I have all the Boeings so now I'm working on Airbus. Also picked up another Tristar because it was very inexpensive! Such a glorious aircraft...  It was the "Cadillac" to the DC-10's "Oldsmobile."  ;D  Not that the DC-10 isn't very cool, though!  :thumbsup:

Yellow wings.. had to have it.  :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Weaver

Quote from: Leading Observer on September 08, 2018, 09:14:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2018, 02:59:38 AM
From BNA Model World who have provided fantastically quick service.

No firm ideas but one possible whiff route is PDRV Republican Police.

Looks like a candidate for 2 Scout cars to me

Or one armoured car with a hinge in the middle...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 14, 2018, 02:43:29 AM

Anyhoo, I got another one today.  A true box collector would reject it due to it's badly faded state.  The plastic is fine although it has no english instructions.  It does still have its little tube of glue though.  I wonder if it's still viable after 41 years?

I had a couple of those back in the day with the instructions in Japanese only. Might still have 1 ?

As for the glue ? The little "brown" plastic vials you got in some kits are no good, ask me how I know  :rolleyes:, but if it's in a proper tube then it might be ok ? I've got a fairly old tube of glue that is still fine. Try it on some sprue.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

It's a tiny metal foil tube.  Like a 1/10 scale tube of toothpaste.
This era of Hasegawa kit tended to have two instruction sheets which looked identical except for the language.  I suspect Japanese market kits had only one sheet and they added the second one when they went overseas.
According to Scalemates this kit (and the Mitsubishi Ki-51) were originally moulded by Mania.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

Quote from: Weaver on September 14, 2018, 10:42:42 PM
Quote from: Leading Observer on September 08, 2018, 09:14:38 AM
Quote from: zenrat on September 07, 2018, 02:59:38 AM
From BNA Model World who have provided fantastically quick service.

No firm ideas but one possible whiff route is PDRV Republican Police.

Looks like a candidate for 2 Scout cars to me

Or one armoured car with a hinge in the middle...

Like the Paves Wheeled Tank:

or Lockheed Twister:

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

rickshaw

How to reduce carbon emissions - Tip #1 - Walk to the Bar for drinks.

Old Wombat

Not big on numbers but big on price:

1 x KASL Hobby 1/48 AGM-84G-1 Harpoon (2pcs) (KASL-K48084)
1 x Legends Productions 1/35 ADATS (Air Defense Anti-Tank System) Conversion Set for 1/35 M113 APC Series (LF1286) ..... You just know it ain't going on a M113!
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Weaver

Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2018, 02:50:23 AM

1 x Legends Productions 1/35 ADATS (Air Defense Anti-Tank System) Conversion Set for 1/35 M113 APC Series (LF1286) ..... You just know it ain't going on a M113!

At least one turret was put on a Bradley hull for trials.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 15, 2018, 10:46:13 AM
Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 15, 2018, 10:24:11 AM
or Lockheed Twister:
<snip>

That looks neat Jon, any more info on that ?

I've got the AFV profile book on the Twister: most of it ended up on Hans Rosloot's Amphibious Vehicles website which tragically appears to have gone down.

- Indiana Jones

Weaver

From the Poynton Show today:

Skytrex scenery stuff (nominally 1/56th, but applicable to 1/72nd):
small crates
large crates
long crates
damaged and spilled cardboard boxes

Hot wire foam cutter
Big pack of small brushes
Various clamps and clips
Couple of duster brushes
Load of syringes

2nd hand 1984 Jane's Light Tanks and Armoured Cars

- Indiana Jones

The Chaos

DogfighterZen

Bought a Falcon set of 2 vac-formed canopies for the 1/72 F2H Banshee on ebay but as i'm a lucky guy, both were delivered squashed and heavily scratched...

Just sent these pics to the seller, i'm only settling for a full refund for this, it was very disappointing to have this order arriving damaged. Can't understand why didn't he simply put it in a small box instead of a little bit of bubble wrap inside a paper envelope... Save money on shipping? :banghead:

EDIT: I was so disappointed with the canopy affair that i forgot to post a pic of the best gift any girlfriend has ever given me... :wub:

Lots of good pics and info to read, it's got info on everything, not just military aircraft.  :thumbsup:

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Old Wombat

Quote from: Weaver on September 16, 2018, 09:11:07 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on September 16, 2018, 02:50:23 AM

At least one turret was put on a Bradley hull for trials.

I've got 2 x Meng Bradley's but they'll just get cosmetic changes.

I also have a Revell Boxer which has a removable ambulance module. I'm thinking of copying the base to make interchangeable modules & an ADATS module may well be on the cards.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est