My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

Quote from: DogfighterZen on September 17, 2018, 03:41:55 AM
Bought a Falcon set of 2 vac-formed canopies for the 1/72 F2H Banshee on ebay but as i'm a lucky guy, both were delivered squashed and heavily scratched...

Just sent these pics to the seller, i'm only settling for a full refund for this, it was very disappointing to have this order arriving damaged. Can't understand why didn't he simply put it in a small box instead of a little bit of bubble wrap inside a paper envelope... Save money on shipping? :banghead:

In the immortal words of a chef I used to work with - and supremely ironic as he was such a klutz - "Because people are retards!"

Bungle kindly sent me an Airkit Spitfire F21 in exchange for the Magna Stirling that I won on ebay a week or so back.  On opening it, I realised why the Lancastrian decals were in it - there was a Lancastrian conversion in it too!

Anyhoo, the Airkit Spitfire is now part started as a nostalgia build - I got the first one around this time of year in 1990 and I've a hankering to just build one.  All the others I've done over the past ten years or so have been rebuilds.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: The Wooksta! on September 17, 2018, 09:30:40 AM
Bought a Falcon set of 2 vac-formed canopies for the 1/72 F2H Banshee on ebay but as i'm a lucky guy, both were delivered squashed and heavily scratched...

Just sent these pics to the seller, i'm only settling for a full refund for this, it was very disappointing to have this order arriving damaged. Can't understand why didn't he simply put it in a small box instead of a little bit of bubble wrap inside a paper envelope... Save money on shipping? :banghead:

In the immortal words of a chef I used to work with - and supremely ironic as he was such a klutz - "Because people are retards!"

Well, Lee, sounds like that chef surely knew what he was talking about...  ;D And unfortunately, i have to agree and seems like everyday there are more of them...  :banghead:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

jcf

You can buy them new from Jay's in New Zealand for NZ $5.00 roughly €3.04.

http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_103&products_id=583

Jon

kitnut617

JAYS Models (no apostrophe because JAYS stands for John And Yvonne Stone) are associated with Falcon in someway, at least that's the impression I got when I was chatting with John about some Falcon MB5's I was buying through him. He's also got a hand in with Tasman too ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

The Wooksta!

JAYS bought out Ventura, and Falcon had a tie in with them.  I've a feeling Tasman were a part of Ventura, because the plastic was very similar in both brands.  If so, it means that he probably bought them out too.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on September 17, 2018, 11:16:38 AM

You can buy them new from Jay's in New Zealand for NZ $5.00 roughly €3.04.

http://www.jaysmodelkits.com/jaysmk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=102_103&products_id=583

Jon

Thanks, Jon!  :cheers: I've been looking around a few other online stores that have them in stock. Gonna compare shipping costs to see what's the best deal.  :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

I've had nothing but good service from JAYS.  Thoroughly recommend them.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Today i recieved a free (for renewing my subscription to Airfix Model World), squashed (crap packaging but no damage was done other than to the box), Airfix 1/72 Curtis Tomahawk Mk IIb.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Huh!!! I Wonder if they would grace me wit' some free crushed wares if I were to subscribe. I wonder if they have the mag in the States.

EDIT: They sure do! One year for ~$75.  :thumbsup: :mellow:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Big Gimper

From the "Yes, I will be/promise to be/have been a very good boy Santa Claus" department:

From SpotOn Design/Resins 1/72 RAE. OR.9001 "SPACE FIGHTER" Resin Kit. Will be displayed beside my Boeing X-20 Dyna-Soar.

and a Vulcan AEW Radome.

From Whirlybird Models Hawker P.1121 Mixed Media. Ex-Maintrack Vacuform with resin and white metal. Will look great beside the SR.53, SR.177, Vickers Type 559.

Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Gondor

Quote from: The Big Gimper on September 20, 2018, 06:37:57 AM

From Whirlybird Models Hawker P.1121 Mixed Media. Ex-Maintrack Vacuform with resin and white metal. Will look great beside the SR.53, SR.177, Vickers Type 559.

Watch the nose leg in that kit, the white metal one was diabolical in mine which I gave up on and used a 1/48 Hunter nose leg if I remember correctly.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

While staying a few days in Norfolk (with the World's sloooooooooowest internet connection, no pics visible at all) I just had to visit the Big H. Well, it would have been rude not to, wouldn't it? I'd like to have posted a pic of the MASSIVE green warehouse, but my laptop insists that it needs to format my camera's HD disc, which would delete all the pics of course. STUPID!  :banghead:

Anyway, I spent an hour touring miles and MILES of their shelves stacked high with yummy looking boxes and four them just INSISTED on leaping under my arm. What could I do but take them to the checkout and pay for them?  ;D

1) A Minicraft DC8-63/73 minus decals for a good price. This will become a DC8-62 in the Calder scheme, an RW model I've been wanting to build for decades. The CFM engines will adorn some other airliner I suspect.

2) An Eastern Express KLM MD-11. I didn't even know this kit existed, but it doesn't look too bad, even though packed in zillions of those ultra-flimsy plastic bags the Eastern Bloc manufacturers like to use. It'll probably end up in the glorious green City Jet (?) scheme.

3) A Valom He-119 V5, the gloriously bizarre floatplane version of that mad aeroplane with a 2500 hp prop drive shaft going BETWEEN the pilot and the nav. It'll probably end up in RAF Enemy Evaluation flight colours, based at Felixstowe of course.

4) A Micro-Mir Miles Aerovan! A kit of one of my FAVE aeroplanes that I also didn't know existed. It's surprisingly large for a 1/72 kit and I'll be checking its dimensiosn later. (If I can get Google to open, that is....)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

The Big Gimper

Quote from: Gondor on September 20, 2018, 10:19:19 AM
Quote from: The Big Gimper on September 20, 2018, 06:37:57 AM

Watch the nose leg in that kit, the white metal one was diabolical in mine which I gave up on and used a 1/48 Hunter nose leg if I remember correctly.

Gondor

Thank you for the tip. When it does gets to build pile, I was planning to ask for any tips and recommendations on items like the metal LG. 
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff

Rheged

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2018, 10:36:35 AM
4) A Micro-Mir Miles Aerovan! A kit of one of my FAVE aeroplanes that I also didn't know existed. It's surprisingly large for a 1/72 kit and I'll be checking its dimensiosn later. (If I can get Google to open, that is....)

In case google doesn't reach Norfolk

Aerovan Marks 2, 3, 4General characteristics
Crew: 2
Capacity: 10
Length: 36 ft (10.97 m)
Wingspan: 50 ft (15.24 m)
Height: 13 ft 6 inches (4.1 m)
Wing area: 390 sq. ft. (36.2 m²)
Empty weight: 3,000 lb (1,360 kg)
Loaded weight: 5,800 lb (2,630 kg)
Powerplant: 2 × Blackburn Cirrus Major IIA inline piston engine, 150 hp (112 kW) each

from wikipaedia.   Hope this helps
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Thanks Mr. Rheged Esq. it certainly did help as Google '.....can't be displayed.....' according to my browser.

It looks like the Aerovan really IS 1/72 which is very pleasing, it look's like an early test bed for a Beverley.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit