My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2018, 01:27:58 PM
Thanks Mr. Rheged Esq. it certainly did help as Google '.....can't be displayed.....' according to my browser.

It looks like the Aerovan really IS 1/72 which is very pleasing, it look's like an early test bed for a Beverley.  ;D

There was a whole family of Miles aircraft like that too Kit. Have a look at this link, I think you'd be interested in the M.68 if you scroll down a bit.

https://www.iaopa.eu/mediaServlet/storage/gamag/apr12/p36-39.pdf
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

PR19_Kit

Quote from: kitnut617 on September 20, 2018, 03:07:47 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2018, 01:27:58 PM
Thanks Mr. Rheged Esq. it certainly did help as Google '.....can't be displayed.....' according to my browser.

It looks like the Aerovan really IS 1/72 which is very pleasing, it look's like an early test bed for a Beverley.  ;D

There was a whole family of Miles aircraft like that too Kit. Have a look at this link, I think you'd be interested in the M.68 if you scroll down a bit.

https://www.iaopa.eu/mediaServlet/storage/gamag/apr12/p36-39.pdf

I do like that M.68 Robert, very prophetic in the light of current day freight operations. I like the Hurel-Dubois winged version too (what a surprise....  ;)) and I recall seeing that fly at Farnborough one year. Perhaps that's what turned me on to long winged aircraft?

Now I've got a slightly better Wi-Fi connection, here's a pic of Big H's warehouse, and it goes back about 200 yards! The whole place is STUFFED with model kits too.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

I last went to Hannants warehouse back in 2004 and it was only half full of kits then. The other half had part of a Harrier that had crashed on the beach, a 1960s coach and some classic cars.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 20, 2018, 02:26:19 AM
Today i recieved a free (for renewing my subscription to Airfix Model World), squashed (crap packaging but no damage was done other than to the box), Airfix 1/72 Curtis Tomahawk Mk IIb.

It's a nice kit (I've built 3) but does take a little bit of care in places and perhaps even repays reading the instructions ; ask me how I know ?

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 20, 2018, 10:36:35 AM
While staying a few days in Norfolk (with the World's sloooooooooowest internet connection, no pics visible at all) I just had to visit the Big H. Well, it would have been rude not to, wouldn't it?

You obviously took your passport with you then ? Norfolk - Suffolk and back again ? Did you get charged Customs duty or did you display your Delia Smith cookbook ?  :angel:

I keep meaning to get over to Hannants but it's just on the very edge of a one-day public transport trip  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

A lucky find of 1/72 Phantom F-4 parts including the Matchbox reconnaissance pod .
Also a reasonable priced 1/72  Airfix BAe Nimrod MR/R .

TheChronicOne

Parcel from Kingkit finally arrived from the UK. Packaging could be slightly better, but overall I am very pleased with them. I'd be happy to order from Kingkit again.  :lol: :mellow:

Anyway, these two. And you know me, I'm into the airliners right now so I had to grab a couple of the more obscure and hard to find ones. The Il-96 apparently has no landing gear but whatever. Price was good. Price was also good on the Tu-334! That's one of them self made kits Kit was telling me about way back. How cool is it that an airplane manufacturer also makes kits of their own planes?

Next up, an ICM Tu-144.

Tu-144 is cool and it was pretty good on price, too! Heard good thigns about the kit, too.

The Friendship is really neat, though, more so for $23 after shipping. It's  U.S. ARMY aircraft, for one. That's pretty neat. It's difficult to find something other than whirly-birds or light aircraft and good luck finding those light aircraft actually modelled and with Army transfers. Not only that, but before he passed my pops had actually rec'd a big picture thing from the current team, signed and all that, at some ceremony thing for the Special Forces Association. Pops was former USAF then US ARMY Rangers and Special Forces (Green Beret) 77th. Served time in Korea and all that. Needless to say, this is a pretty special subject so I am thrilled to have that F-27.

Also one I got last week, not sure I posted it and not my picture but:

I have some more interesting stuff on the way, too.  :wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

Spey_Phantom

new online order placed at my LHS  :thumbsup:

-Academy 1/144 B-47 Stratojet
-AFV Club 1/144 SH-3A/D Sea King
-Eduard 1/72 Mig-21MF Fishbed
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 22, 2018, 02:01:53 AM

You obviously took your passport with you then ? Norfolk - Suffolk and back again ? Did you get charged Customs duty or did you display your Delia Smith cookbook ?  :angel:

I keep meaning to get over to Hannants but it's just on the very edge of a one-day public transport trip  :-\

I never leave home without my passport actually, not with the crazy job I had.  ;D

Yes, Lowestoft is a LONG way from anywhere, the easternmost part of the country in fact. But Hannants is only yards from Oulton Broad Railway station.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

New inbound stash:

1/144 Revell F/A-18E Super Hornet
1/35 Tamiya M5A1 Stuart
1/35 Esci/Ertl T-55
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

zenrat

From BNA model world, more 1/48 Soviet armour.  In this case a Hobby Boss KV-2.

I also got a pair of resin replacement prop blade sets for 1/72 Trumpeter Sea Furries (sic).  These have wider blades than those in the kits.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2018, 09:56:59 AM

Yes, Lowestoft is a LONG way from anywhere, the easternmost part of the country in fact. But Hannants is only yards from Oulton Broad Railway station.

Yea, I did look it up and then looked at the railway timetables. I was stunned to find there is an Oulton Broad North and South. It's basically 4 hours each way with 3 or 4 changes. So doesn't leave much time for looking around.  :-\
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on September 24, 2018, 03:27:26 AM
From BNA model world, more 1/48 Soviet armour.  In this case a Hobby Boss KV-2.

That box art actually gives you an idea of the size of the beast  :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 24, 2018, 05:51:14 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 23, 2018, 09:56:59 AM

Yea, I did look it up and then looked at the railway timetables. I was stunned to find there is an Oulton Broad North and South. It's basically 4 hours each way with 3 or 4 changes. So doesn't leave much time for looking around.  :-\

You could stay overnight in the Wherry Hotel just up the road.

You'll need an overnight stay anyway, the place will easily take 2-3 days to get around if you've not been before.  ;D ;)

Regards
Kit

Vorcha

Went to beautiful little hobby store in my city and bought these:

...that one was a real steal, original price was 9.99€, but as this was a re-bought kit or something of the sort and one (of like 10 or so) figures had been removed, the price was 5€...

paper boy

chrisonord

For the first time in a few years I was passing transport models in Preston on Friday, so had a look in. They currently have 25 % off a lot of their kits, so snagged myself an Italeri Atlas Impala. Nice kit and a perfect addition to my Honduras Air Force. It could do with another pair of weapons pylons, but being wiff world I am sure I can put an extra pair on for a pair of air to air missiles. Also replenished my glue, putty and paint stocks whilst there too.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!