My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strobez

This is the kit I got - https://www.scalemates.com/kits/101682-italeri-1283-savoia-marchetti-sm-81-pipistrello

And I'm going to convert it to a yellow Savoia-Marchetti SM. 73 a la Tintin.

It's a passenger plane, so it's right up your alley, Brad. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 30, 2018, 01:38:13 PM
What's special about the Mixed Green please?

it was matched to the special shade of green used on/for the first 31 sqn 75th anniversary Tornado. The same shade of green was used for the 80th and was a decal option and box artwork for one of the boxings of the Revell 1/32 Tornado IDS kits.

Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Ah, right, thanks. You live and learn...........  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on September 30, 2018, 05:32:42 PM
This is the kit I got - https://www.scalemates.com/kits/101682-italeri-1283-savoia-marchetti-sm-81-pipistrello

And I'm going to convert it to a yellow Savoia-Marchetti SM. 73 a la Tintin.

It's a passenger plane, so it's right up your alley, Brad. ;)

I've built this (from the Supermodel boxing).  My notes say;
A mix of good and bad.  Horrible wing to fuselage fit and multi part undercarriage legs but nice engines with separate exhausts (although the dumps don't fit right).  Separate control surfaces & rudder.  Raised detail.
You'll love the scope for advanced interior scratchbuilding the big hollow fuselage gives you.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

TheChronicOne

Magnificent.  I missed that one as April 2016 was about 2 months before I arrived here.
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Picture that with a sharks mouth... ;D
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Even better if they painted it that it worked with the doors open too.  ;D ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Quote from: zenrat on October 02, 2018, 04:13:37 AM
Picture that with a sharks mouth... ;D

It would look even better as a whale's mouth, gulping up tons of plankton....

major

Two Vacuforms from Sideshowbob.

F9F Cougar, and, Servrsky AT 12. :thumbsup:

The Serversky looks really 'cute' on it's one sheet.
I'm tempted to paint and decal it 'as is' on its sheet, and stick it in a picture frame! :wub:

Cheers... Ray

strobez

Quote from: zenrat on October 01, 2018, 03:59:53 AM
A mix of good and bad.  Horrible wing to fuselage fit and multi part undercarriage legs but nice engines with separate exhausts (although the dumps don't fit right).  Separate control surfaces & rudder.  Raised detail.
You'll love the scope for advanced interior scratchbuilding the big hollow fuselage gives you.

That is one fantastic job!  The Italeri boxing says it is a "new updated tooling" - but I'm not sure what exactly the changes are from the Supermodel boxes.  I noticed that there's a resin conversion kit (which is basically the entire fuselage) available, but it's pretty pricey in my view. So I'll probably just convert it the oldfashioned way... brute force and viewing from a distance. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

Quote from: strobez on October 02, 2018, 08:02:53 PM
Quote from: zenrat on October 01, 2018, 03:59:53 AM

That is one fantastic job!  The Italeri boxing says it is a "new updated tooling" - but I'm not sure what exactly the changes are from the Supermodel boxes.  I noticed that there's a resin conversion kit (which is basically the entire fuselage) available, but it's pretty pricey in my view. So I'll probably just convert it the oldfashioned way... brute force and viewing from a distance. ;)

Thanks.  According to Scalemates (which being user created content is obviously fallible) the Italeri release is the 1973 Supermodel one with "new parts".
I presume you don't get one of those amazing 1970's clear styrene Supermodel stands with the logo moulded into them?

Anyway, enough of that.
Today I received the following from Red Roo Models.  All 1/72 obviously;
A5 "Soviet Airfield" display base (basically very basic hexagons printed on a piece of card - a bit disappointing).
36" Red RAF/FAA code letters decal sheet.
DK Decals Lockheed PV-1 Ventura, 13 Sqn RAAF.  An interesting scheme, basically US Navy with the stars painted out.  I'll be using it on something other than a Ventura.
Special Hobby Northrop Delta 1D/E.  zenrat industries blue cheat lines over NMF is a possibility.  As is something more colourfull.
Northrop Delta by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr

Fred

Howard of Effingham

1/72 Handley Page Victor K2/SR2 [like I need another Victor in the stash!]  :rolleyes:
Keeper of George the Cat.