My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gondor

from eBay

1 x 1/48 Aeroclub Spitfire Mk 14/21 Conversion set with lots of extra resin and white metal extras too 

Idea to go with the extra wings in that come with the Seafire 46/47 that I got earlier this month  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Howard of Effingham

From Ian Allan's in Birmingham City Centre....

1/72 Airfix Supermarine Swift FR5
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

From the S Wales MAFVA show toady:-

Revell 1/72 C-54 kit
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: Snowtrooper on October 12, 2018, 07:36:53 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 12, 2018, 12:30:05 AM
- A(nother) Matchbox Siskin IIIA, could not resist the opportunity
While after their demise it became the norm to ridicule Matchbox, kits like this are a good reminder that back in the day, they actually did have quite a few less known and unique subjects, especially interwar and civilian planes. Also, the kits were affordable and easy enough to assemble for a beginning modeller. Their later kits even had alternative parts for different subtypes and less commonly seen secondary decal options, gently pushing youngsters towards outright whiffery. ;D

Another good thing they did was the two-seater versions of jet fighters: Hunter, Mirage, Lightning etc...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

The Wooksta!

Hmmmn.  The two seat Hunter is pretty poor, TBH.  The tailpipe is an odd mishmash of the small and big bore Avon and the nose is way off in shape.  That's a lot of very subtle curves and few have managed to get it right.  The Xtrakit T-bird is rightly reviled, I've never seen the Olimp one and I've only ever seen one of the VERY rare Skybirds '86 kit* in the wild.

Anyhoo, my latest acquisitions include:
Modeldecal sheet 56 - Lightning and Attackers, the latter is why I wanted it as they're applicable to Seafangs...
Ventura 24 inch RAF code letters in black.  These are the squared off style and it's a difficult sheet to get.

Finally, ebay tells me I've just won a pair of CMR Spitfires, a mk HF.VII and an RAAF mk VIII.  The latter has issues with the wing as the ailerons are mk IX and not the shorter mk VIII.  I can either replace the wing with a spare HF wing and do an HFVIII or replace the ailerons with Eduard ones.  Using the HF is my preferred option.

*well, other than the one in the stash :wacko:
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 14, 2018, 03:05:27 AM

Hmmmn.  The two seat Hunter is pretty poor, TBH.  The tailpipe is an odd mishmash of the small and big bore Avon and the nose is way off in shape.  That's a lot of very subtle curves and few have managed to get it right.  The Xtrakit T-bird is rightly reviled, I've never seen the Olimp one and I've only ever seen one of the VERY rare Skybirds '86 kit* in the wild.

The conversion kit that Modeldecal put out is pretty good, but that's long OOP and pretty rare these days too. Luckily I have one built and one in The Loft.

I've also got another T7 conversion in a dark grey resin that looks pretty good, but I have no idea who made it.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Received today from eBay the final part of my Aeroclub Spitfire conversion + extras win.

1 x 1/48 Aero Master Decals "The Last of the Legend" Late Far East Spitfires Part 2 1945-1954

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

The Wooksta!

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 14, 2018, 06:00:38 AM

The conversion kit that Modeldecal put out is pretty good, but that's long OOP and pretty rare these days too. Luckily I have one built and one in The Loft.

I've also got another T7 conversion in a dark grey resin that looks pretty good, but I have no idea who made it.

Odds and Ordinance?
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

nighthunter

Academy 1/144 Boeing B-47B/E Stratojet on the way!
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

Quote from: The Wooksta! on October 15, 2018, 01:15:24 PM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 14, 2018, 06:00:38 AM

Odds and Ordinance?

It could well be, it's the same colour resin as their TSR2 Slipper tank set that I used on my 'Time Warp' TSR2. It's very moulded, that's for sure.

Regards
Kit

strobez

Quote from: nighthunter on October 15, 2018, 02:14:41 PM
Academy 1/144 Boeing B-47B/E Stratojet on the way!

Tell me how you like that one. I've seen it on the shelves here and been tempted to buy it.  I don't really have a reason though, so maybe just need an excuse. ;)
Thanks!

Greg

zenrat

From an OLHS;
1/25 AMT '66 Ford Galaxie.  Same as the one Kit got last week.  I built one a number of years ago and his fulsome praise of the re-issue sold me on getting another.
It looks like they did a good job of fettling the moulds.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

From the Big H :- IBG Models 1/72 PZL.37B (twin tail).

It really does look superb in the box and the detail on the fuselage interiors could even be called exquisite. I'm just glad I still have some 000 paint brushes  ;) Interestingly the sprue gates are what I would call "traditional" rather than the tiny ones on their PZL 23/42. The plastic is also grey rather than the slightly translucent pale brown of the 23. Whatever it looks to be a model that will require some study before building and it will get put aside until after Telford when I can give it the time it assuredly deserves.

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Spey_Phantom

arrived today :)

-2 x 1/144 mini hobby models SAAB JAS-39 Gripen
-2 x 1/144 mini hobby models Mirage F1C
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

nighthunter

Quote from: Nils on October 17, 2018, 09:01:24 AM
arrived today :)

-2 x 1/144 mini hobby models SAAB JAS-39 Gripen
-2 x 1/144 mini hobby models Mirage F1C
*Green with Envy* lol