My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

More airplanes!  ;D

More airliners I should say.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

That Fly DC9 is a good kit, but a tad pricy usually. But only one airline flew the -20 in the RW, that was SAS, so almost any other scheme will make it a Whiff.  ;)

As for that limited edition Revell 727-100, I've never seen that one before. That looks like a good buy, or even an investment on the collector's market.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

The 727 is neat. This is one that ATP put out under "Airliners America" for that anniversary.  It comes with all the ATP decals; the livery and a sheet of windows and walkways and other things. It'll go with my Revell Dodgers Electra on the shelf, but, I already have another set of the decals to make the plane. With both of those I want to eventually model the plane but also have the complete kits to go with the models. I tried to look around for more information on it but couldn't find much yet. I found some ol boy that had or was trying to sell one for $125. Got mine for about $35. I snapped it up when I saw it though. I never saw one before so that's what told me to grab it. Happy to have it and the the anniversary scheme Eastern put on those 727s that year is really nice looking.

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

AhAH! I've heard of that kit but never seen an example of it anywhere. That £125 price sounds about right for the collector's market, and your $35 was a STEAL!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've got ZILLIONS of 727 decal sheets, mainly Braniff ones, but I've only ever built two of them, both -200s, one in the Braniff blue 'Ultra' scheme and the other the Braniff Calder 'Flag' scheme. Yes, I do have a 'thing' about Braniff.  ;D

I've also had a 727-100 (the original Airfix kit) done out in a BEA scheme in build for at least 10 yrs. Dunno why I don't finish it, I really should get on it!  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Get busy!! Jump right in after all the DC shenanigans.   ;D   I might build one myself. I have two different USPS version for a 100 and 200.

I just noticed the box art photo for the 747-400 is actually an SP!  :o ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TheChronicOne on October 17, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

I just noticed the box art photo for the 747-400 is actually an SP!  :o ;D

So it is! That monster fin is very distinctive.

That's another one I ought to get on and build, but I'll need to build my strength up first as the fuselage is one SOLID lump of resin! No noseweight probs with that I bet!

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

cor busy round here innit

A rare penguin squak here
after negotiations with Kit a 1:72 TSR-2 ( Stratos version) to get JASDF grey and the white dragon from the F15 on it   :thumbsup:   I can reverse WHIF a WHIF
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

I LIKE your idea for the Stratos 4 TSR2. Very Japanese.  :thumbsup:

Regards
Kit

nighthunter

Picked up an old 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk.IX. I love Spits and Hurris more than 'Stangs, and I genuinely wonder why...

If I ever get a Boeing 727-100, I'm doing it as the D.B. Cooper Hijacking aircraft of Northwest Orient Airlines.
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

kitnut617

Amazingly, I see the CargoJet 727 quite often at YYC
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kitbasher

Last weekend a 1/72 Revell RA-5C Vigilante, 1988 boxing brand new off the shelf from (name drop alert) Udisco.  For whiffery at some point.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Gondor

Received from Freightdog today

1 x 1/72 AW Meteor NF.14 nose correction set

1 x 1/72 Spitfire Mk. XVIIIe conversion set

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Quote from: nighthunter on October 18, 2018, 10:29:36 PM

If I ever get a Boeing 727-100, I'm doing it as the D.B. Cooper Hijacking aircraft of Northwest Orient Airlines.

Someone did a decal sheet for that aircraft, maybe Drawdecals? Of course you'll have to build it with the aft airstairs down.....  ;) ;D

Regards
Kit

Gondor

From the Glasgow show today

1 x 1/72 Airfix BAe Harrier GR7A/GR9A

1 x 1/72 eduard Fw 190A-5 profipack

Gondor

P.S. I forgot the Spot On Design bits I also bought, all 1/72

1 x TSR2 correction nose
1 x Gloster Javelin nose
1 x Gloster Javelin F7 tail
1 x F111B nose
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

JayBee

From the Glasgow show to-day, and I only got one thing :

Sword 1/72 T2V-1 Seastar. Looks a nice kit I just do not know who is going to be the operator.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!