Previous topic - Next topic

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 06, 2018, 01:29:45 PM
Quote from: zenrat on November 06, 2018, 01:43:26 AM
Quote from: Old Wombat on November 06, 2018, 01:24:33 AM
Quote from: kitnut617 on November 05, 2018, 04:37:24 PM
It about the same size as a Concorde  ---- and I've shortened my Concorde by 2"

Kit's gunna have conniptions! :o

Maybe not, as by doing so the wingspan, if expressed as a ratio of length, increases.

Hmmm, trying to imagine a long spanned Concorde is pretty difficult. It could be done I'm sure, but it wouldn't be as pretty as the real thing.

P.348 style.

McColm

Won on eBay:
1/144 Welsh Models BAe 146-100 and Viscount V.806 Cambrian
1/72 Rare Planes HP Victor K2
1/72 Academy C-97 Stratofreighter
1/72 Airfix Avro Shackleton MR2 no decals
Revell 1/200 Boeing SST with Pan Am decals

The Rat

Nostalgia purchase. When I lived in England from 1958 to '62, I can remember building at least 3 Airfix kits; the Supermarine S.6B, the Bolton Paul defiant, and the De Havilland Heron. I have the latter 2 in the stash, and added the first one today. I'll probably just do it OOB, but hopefully better than my 7 year-old hands did in 1960!
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

strobez

I didn't have much time for shopping in Singapore, but I did manage to snag a few kits...

1/72 T-62 (mod. 1972) from Trumpeter.

A 1/76 rebox (rebag?) of the old Airfix Esso tanker train car.

1/144 F-5A/F-8 Crusader/F-4F bundle from Otaki

I think I overpaid for the tanker... but there it was in front of my nose, and I like the shop I bought it from, so whatever. :)
Thanks!

Greg

Rick Lowe

I found a Cool Thing recently:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/scenery-accessories/307-flexible-sandbags-x25.html

They come in a 50-pack too.
No more fiddling around with epoxy putty. I haven't used them yet, but I'm looking forward to doing so.

They also have this:

http://www.greenstuffworld.com/en/26-reusable-blue-stuff

which I'm also looking forward to trying. No more trying to get the right proportions of rubber and catalyst.

One thing, though... the payment process, which uses a third party, had some really iffy questions such as what is your bank id and credit card limit... I found a local ebay-type place that has these items and ordered from them instead. Be aware.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Martin H

Telford day one......................
Bugget blown less than an hour after the show opened to the public!

All 1/72nd
(Resin)
Mil Mods Oshkosh M-15 GIGANT crash tender.
Whirlybird Sikorsky VH-3D.
Whirlybird Sikorsky HH-3F Pelican.
Combat kits BAE Mantis
Combat Kits Scottish Aviation Pioneer.

(IJ Kits)
Hasegawa Lockheed F-35B (two of)
MACH2 DH Comet 4.
Italeri EH-101 Merlin HM-1
Italeri EH-101 Merlin HC-3
Italeri AS535 Cougar.
Revell A-1 Skyraider (Transfered from the Wooksta's stash)

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

back from telford
one of the lost projects 1:48 P.1214-3 x wing fighter (3d print) the sound of me taking the nice mans arm off to have it apparently was quite loud,  and after I had written a cheque my grin was wider than my head, if the SABA had been available it would have been wider than my shoulders  :wacko:
a Luftkrieg 1919 Yumiko ( I think 1:32)  alternative WW1 aerial stuff   ( just couldn't resist when I saw the advertising poster)
2 ban dai  neon genesis evangelions  EVA 00 and EVA03 ( giant bio mecha)  dirt cheap out of a rummage box  SCORE
a 1:6 scale Rai the pilot for EVA 00 
a 1:6 scale Priss in hard suit from bubblegum crisis
a 1:8 scale Linna  in hard suit  (  again both from a rummage box)
and a 1:24 master box   Claire  to go with the Jaguar XJ22 that I intend to convert to a grav car

not a lot, compared to my previous pile of boxes taller than myself,  but rather Tonto for my more restrained approach recently   
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Chris Payne

Popped over to Halifax Modellers World earlier for a few paints and some filler.

Also got the Airfix 1/48 F-51D Mustang.
Chris.

2014 EKFP Total = 8
2015 EKFP Total = 6
2016 EKFP Total = 2
2017 EKFP Total = 7
2018 EKFP Total = 3

Weaver

Day 1 of Telford haul:

2 x 2 Armourfast 1/72nd M18 Hellcat
2 x S&M Models 1/72nd FV432 APCs
2 x Special Hobby 1/72nd Mirage F.1C Simple Sets (no decals or box) - £8 each! :wub:
2 x Whirlybits 1/72nd Alouette II FOD guards (etched brass)
AZ 1/72nd Hurricane Mk.V (to nick the 40mm guns from)
Airfix 1/72nd BN Islander/Defender in an Airfix-sealed box for £15 (other tattier ones were going for £20+)  :thumbsup:
Zvezda 1/72nd Kamov Ka-58 Black Ghost (whiff-in-a-box stealth helo)
Italeri 1/72nd M113-A1 APC (plain box £3)*
Heller 1/72nd Alouette III (plain box £3)*
Matchbox 1/72nd EE Lightning T.55 (plain box £4)*
Crown 1/144th Boeing B-29A (to have cruel and unusual punishments inflicted upon it... :wacko: )
Airfix 1/76th Chieftain tank (bagged)
Bandai 1/48th Laird Solution Racer (bagged)#
Bandai 1/550th Medea/Midea Gundam transport plane#

I blame it all on Mel of S&M for not having the MUSTARD or Wasp kits yet, that I took a lot of money with me to get. Can't take it home, can you?  :wacko: ;)

Observation: I couldn't find a Trumpeter or Meng F-106B anywhere. In fact, I couldn't see ANY Meng kits of any sort on any stand. Have they lost their distribution deal or something?

* The 'plain boxes' are a batch of 2nd hand kits that Collectakit have picked up. The seller had them in bags in a storage unit with the boxes split and folded flat. He then had to vacate the storage unit in a hurry, and rather than try to match up kits and boxes, he just turned all the boxes inside-out, used them for whatever kit would fit and wrote the name on the end! When you open them up, you find that hte boxes are for all sorts of old editions of kits: collectors would be tearing their hair out! My three boxes are for a Mech, a Scalecraft traction engine and an Airfix Dennis fire engine...

# No I didn't know what either of the Bandai jobs were either, in fact the Medea has almost no English on the box at all! But the Laird was cheap and the Medea was so weird that I had to have it, and the internet is a wonderful thing, apparently:

The Medea is a carrier for Gundam Mobile Suits, VTOl being allegedly achieved by means of fans in the undercarriage pods.
The actual model is tiny, with a wingspan of under 6". Info: http://gundam.wikia.com/wiki/Medea

The Laird Solution was a 1930s air racer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laird_Solution

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

haul from day 1 of SMW.

1/72 Sova-M/A Model HFB-320ECM
1/72 AZ Model Martin Baker MB6
1/72 Special Hobby Blohm & Voss BV155V1
1/72 A Model CMC Leopard [One each of the 1 and 2 versions]
1/72 Combat Kits BAe Mantis UAV
1/48 Skunkmodelz Workshop F-16XL [very good value indeed as it comes with a good selection of weapons]

a couple of decal sheets and quite a few other resin and WM bits and bobs for various projects I am thinking about doing.
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitbasher

Telford day 1:
Soecial Hobby Sea Fury FB.11 courtesy of NARSES2
2 NOVO Procotors from The Wooksta
Another Proctor from Collectakit (I have a Proctor-based plan)
NOVO Barracuda
ESCI F-4C/J Phantom

All for whiffing.

Total paid? Less than one Combat Models Pioneer. And more than covered by Kitswap sales.

Oh and two old copies of SAM from the 'give an old kit a bew home' table and some acrylic fillers.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Howard of Effingham

SMW day 2 haul.....

1/72 A Model EMB-121AN Xingu
1/72 Freightdog SR177 [revised boxing with the addition of canard foreplanes]

several Modeldecal Sheets from the 'Big H' as they had them on offer at just £2 a sheet, a packet of fine paint brushes.

I also picked up a special TopGun2 decal sheet.

It is also nice to have caught up with many of the SIG members over the weekend and met some interesting visitors to the stand.
Keeper of George the Cat.

Nick

I can't believe that two days at SMW have gone so quickly!

My little haul consisted of:

2 packs of brushes, flat and pointed at a very reasonable price.
4 spray cans, 2 each of Airfix and Tamiya, spare model knife and blades, all in a sale.
TSR.2 whiff Xtradecal sheet no.1 at only £4.

2x SR.53 AZmodels kits, both versions.
Revell F-18 Hornet which is more like a YF-17.
ARII BD-5 micro jet twin pack. From the kit swap and has a spare BD5 in there!

PZL-37 by ZTS Plastyk in Poland. Stamped with approval by the Communist party factory supervisor in 1986, this is a very nice and crisp mould of a between-the-wars light bomber. Barely saw service before the invasion.

Pegasus Hobbies P245-010 tanks. Wehr46 I guess? Odd looking rounded things with a 5.5cm gun for AA or AT use. I built these in 10 minutes as they are snaptight for war games.

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on November 11, 2018, 11:19:52 AM

2 packs of brushes, flat and pointed at a very reasonable price.

Pegasus Hobbies P245-010 tanks. Wehr46 I guess? Odd looking rounded things with a 5.5cm gun for AA or AT use. I built these in 10 minutes as they are snaptight for war games.

Given that you had the brushes, you might at least have bought some tinlets and painted them too, slacker.... :wacko: ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones