My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nighthunter

Arrived today:

Italeri 1/72 Spitfire Mk VI

Fortunately the wing tips are optional, and I happen to have the clipped wing option Revell 1/72 Spitfire Mk Vb :D
"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

Gondor

Picked up while in Lidl today

1 x 1/72 Airfix Mitsubishi AM2b Zero. Not had a zero kit since I was still in short trousers so I decided to pick this one up.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Just arrived from Metro Hobbies (yes, Sunday delivery - xmas is good for some things...) Academy 1/72 B-17E "Pacific Theatre".
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Hobbes

Quote from: Thorvic on November 13, 2018, 10:07:32 AM
Dutch Decals Facts & Fiction sheet 2 arrived in the Post today. Covers proposed Aircraft or scheme that never entered service  :thumbsup:

Arrived today. The nice thing about this is the ~20-page booklet with some information on a bunch of aircraft proposed for the RNLAF that we ended up not buying (e.g. Skyhawks instead of the NF-5).

Snowtrooper

Quote from: Hobbes on November 19, 2018, 05:35:54 AM
Arrived today. The nice thing about this is the ~20-page booklet with some information on a bunch of aircraft proposed for the RNLAF that we ended up not buying (e.g. Skyhawks instead of the NF-5).
Would they have been "stock" Skyhawks or the proposed US Army version? The ability to operate from short-ish unprepared airstrips would have probably been appreciated in the timeframe (considering it was the driving force behind the various V/STOL projects), along with the tolerance for high sink rates. Hmmm, this is giving me ideas...

Hobbes

The booklet lists them as generic A-4s.

PR19_Kit

A Tamiya Lotus Super Seven (it's a 1/24 car kit for you died-in-the-wool aeronauts  ;D) from ebay.

My brother has one that he sprints and hill climbs with a good mate of his and he'd like a model of it, so who better to ask than his model building bro, eh?

Could be a busy winter as his is ANYthing but standard!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

So that is what you wanted the jet engine for.  :wacko:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on November 19, 2018, 07:59:14 AM

So that is what you wanted the jet engine for.  :wacko:

Hehehe, no, not at all. I have another project in mind for that lovely little jet.

But thanks to Fred Zenrat's, who pointed me in the right direction, I do have an exquisitely moulded Honda B18 engine that's going into the Lotus, which has to be converted into a Caterham to start with mind you.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Rheged

"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Mossie

2x Airfix 1/400 Mary Rose starter sets.

Spotted them in Lidl, £5 each.  Girls have a school Tudor project on so I thought they'd be good for a rainy weekend.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

chrisonord

On Friday I detoured through Preston to the model shop to exchange a tube of putty. Came out with replacement putty and, an airfix m113 fire support version, got this for a fiver. I am thinking of cutting this in half and putting a piece in the middle from another one. I will keep the turret, but replace the gun with a 30mm Bushmaster, and put some armour on the sides much like the two other M113's I have built. Also I finally caved after seeing the kit in the flesh, bought the Zvesda 1/72nd scale T-14 Armata. Nice looking kit, and has rubber tracks which I am happy about :thumbsup:
Question is, what sort of bun fight would it cause if one was documented in Cartel service :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

TheChronicOne

I keep forgetting these!!   I've had them for about 3 weeks now, but, are indeed the last things I managed to buy.  Got 'em pretty cheap so I got a bunch. After shipping, they were a wee bit over $12 a piece. For some odd reason those USAIRFIX 727 kits are listed at $40-50 a piece or more in many different places. I can't for the life of me figure out why, either. They're just regular ol' Airfix 727-100 are they not?

The bear is cooooool. I'll make a poor man's Tu-114 type of contraption with it, I think. "Real" Tu-114 kits are always way beyond my price range.  ;D   I ought to do something even more stupid like make it a fire bomber or something.  ;D   :unsure:   We'll see...    ;)

-Sprues McDuck-

PR19_Kit

The USAirfix 737 kits come with different decals to the UK supplied versions, but the plastic is the same. It's a -200 BTW, Boeing made very few -100s and they look quite odd with very short engines.

As for the poor man's Tu-114, they really built a few. The original Tu-114D was a basic Bear airframe with a few seats jammed in there, I think the idea was to test how well it worked over the long ranges they wanted to fly.

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Look again.  ;D  ;)  I was talking about the 727s.... they go for $40-50 a pop all over the place for some reason but they're just run of the mill Airfix 727-100s as far as I can tell. While they usually aren't "cheap" in Airfix boxes, I don't understand why these USAirfix boxings are having people asking so much for them...    :o

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-AVA-USAIRFIX-BOEING-727-AMERICAN-AIRLINES-1-144-MODEL-KIT-60010-SEALED-1/152727564415?epid=1522783949&hash=item238f45b07f:g:zbUAAOSw8GtZTNMX:sc:USPSFirstClass!73507!US!-1:rk:1:pf:0

eBay, of course, but I've seen them listed at dedicated stand-alone model sites for that much, too.
-Sprues McDuck-