My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wooksta!

No, it's closer to a flying wing.  The Japanese licence built four for use as bombers;.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

Old Wombat

I think you'll find the Junkers G38 is a 4-engined box-tailed monoplane ... but I have been known to be wrong in the past. ;)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

TheChronicOne

Wait, I haven't even named it or posted any pictures, how could y'all know what it is already?  ;D

Quote"I have another nutty airliner contraption on the way, too. This thing is... like... a biplane airliner?"
New paragraph, new subject. The one on the way is called a "Heracles."  I said it looks like some sort of bi plane airliner because, well, it has two wings and looks like an old airliner.  ;D ;D

It's definitely a biplane type of thing as it has ... well, two wings:

-Sprues McDuck-

Old Wombat

Oops! :-\

Helps if you don't skip bits as you read, doesn't it! ;)

(One of the reasons I could never understand those "speed-reading" techniques that had you only read one side of a page, etc., the reader often missed SO much of what the book was about that it was a pointless exercise, unless the exercise was to "read as many books as possible whilst understanding none of them".)
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

major

Ooower! I've the original boxing of that, and the 'Black Box' reissue.
Just need your 1993 issue and I'd have the complete set! (Still unbuilt! :banghead:;D

McColm

I bought the Flifgtpath 1/72 Avro Lincoln conversion set, as every time I go on the Blackbird Models website they are sold out.
I have an idea for a retro-Shackleton , using the engines and a set of Lincoln twin tail fins, with the parts left over the Super Lincoln can be built.

TheChronicOne

Quote from: Old Wombat on November 27, 2018, 05:54:11 PM
Oops! :-\

Helps if you don't skip bits as you read, doesn't it! ;)

(One of the reasons I could never understand those "speed-reading" techniques that had you only read one side of a page, etc., the reader often missed SO much of what the book was about that it was a pointless exercise, unless the exercise was to "read as many books as possible whilst understanding none of them".)

Even w/out speed reading we're wired to sort of glance over things as we read, it's why that little trick where someone adds a word to a sentence and no one realizes it's there until pointed out works so well.   ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

TheChronicOne

Quote from: major on November 27, 2018, 06:05:49 PM

Ooower! I've the original boxing of that, and the 'Black Box' reissue.
Just need your 1993 issue and I'd have the complete set! (Still unbuilt! :banghead:;D

Good luck, brotha!!!! I don't see a whole lot of these things, in any boxing, floating around. I was happy to find it and at what I consider to be a non price-gouging price.  :unsure: :wacko:
-Sprues McDuck-

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 27, 2018, 05:24:21 PM

That could be easily whiffed into one specimen that appears in a Yoko Tsuno comic (#5, IIRC) - G-AAXJ "Horus", which is a fictional ninth specimen:

TheChronicOne

Ahhh yeah, my type of shindig! One where I don't have to perform surgery!  ;D :thumbsup:
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 28, 2018, 01:05:26 AM
...That could be easily whiffed into one specimen that appears in a Yoko Tsuno comic (#5, IIRC) - G-AAXJ "Horus", which is a fictional ninth specimen:

Two questions.  Are those RATO packs under Horus and what's the pink & white Mi-6 doing in the background.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Weaver

Just raided the Hobbycraft Black Friday sale, which I belatedly found out about last night. ALL Revell kits at half-price, but only in the shops (not the website) and each store may have different stock. The Stockport branch has now been denuded of these:

3 x Revell 1/72nd scale Hunter FGA.9s (RAF100 boxing) - £10 each  :wub:
3 x Revell 1/72nd scale DHC-6 Twin Otters - £4.75 each
Revell 1/112th scale X-Wing (Level 3 boxing) - £3
Revell 1/241st scale Millenium Falcon (Level 3 boxing) - £3
Revell 1/110th scale TIE Fighter (Level 3 boxing) - £3
Tamiya 1/35th German Field Drum set - £6

Other notable things left on the shelves (not an exhaustive list):

Lancaster Mk.I/III - £10
Dambusters Lancaster - £10
1/144th Atlantis Space Shuttle - £10
Shackleton AEW-2 - £18.50
BoB Eurofighter Typhoon
Loads of cars
1/87th Big Boy locomotive - £10
1/144th Space Shuttle + B-747 - £15(?)
1/72nd B-17F and B-17G - £15ish
1/48th WWII fighters (Corsair, Fw-190, others...)
Various Ships
1/144th Concorde

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on November 28, 2018, 01:31:36 AM
Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 28, 2018, 01:05:26 AM
...That could be easily whiffed into one specimen that appears in a Yoko Tsuno comic (#5, IIRC) - G-AAXJ "Horus", which is a fictional ninth specimen:

Two questions.  Are those RATO packs under Horus and what's the pink & white Mi-6 doing in the background.

Concerning the RATOs: YES! In the story the aircraft landed in a crater with high walls in the Himalaya region, is found in the course of the story and made flightworthy again. IIRC, the Mi-6 (in standard Aeroflot colors, it's supposed to be red but has been phazed out) is just there as a flying crane, delivering heavy material into the crater.

;) Would make a cool diorama, though, even though I am not aware of a 1:144 Mi-6?

Weaver

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on November 28, 2018, 05:01:31 AM

;) Would make a cool diorama, though, even though I am not aware of a 1:144 Mi-6?

Eastern Express do, or did, one.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2018, 09:18:49 AM
Got home voiceless after a weekend talking railways at the biggest model railway show in the country, to find a MONSTER parcel from the Big H just left lying on my doorstep!  :banghead: :banghead:

OMG! Was everything ok?

However Kit, it was a very pleasant surprise to meet you there.  :thumbsup:
Keeper of George the Cat.