My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on November 28, 2018, 05:27:17 AM

OMG! Was everything ok?

However Kit, it was a very pleasant surprise to meet you there.  :thumbsup:

The outside of the parcel was a trifle damp, but all the kits inside were fine.

And I turn up all over the place you know, I have WIDE interests.  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TheChronicOne

Love the helo!! Had one on my watch list for awhile.  EE have a few neat helo kits.....   this is the one I want to get ahold of:

:wub:
-Sprues McDuck-

The Chaos

PR19_Kit

Looking through the new Revell BoB scheme Typhoon I got in the Hobbycraft Black Friday sale, I find that the instructions show almost HALF the kit parts as 'Not to be used'!

Checking on the actual plastic it seems that the kit is actually a modern NATO weapons kit with a free Typhoon airframe thrown in!  :o There's an AMAZING amount of stores in there but I'm sure I'll find somewhere to load them.

Could a Fairey Ultra-Light Helicopter lift a Storm Shadow?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

jcf

I think the question is: can a Storm Shadow lift a Fairey Ultra-Light?  ;D :thumbsup:

Weaver

Quote from: TheChronicOne on November 28, 2018, 07:19:37 AM
Love the helo!! Had one on my watch list for awhile.  EE have a few neat helo kits.....   this is the one I want to get ahold of:

:wub:

VEB Plasticart did a 1/100th one back in the day, which is usually cheap and easy to find. However, it's also nearly a whiff-in-a-box because it's the Yak-24P version with turboshaft engines and big windows (like the EE one) for civilian airliner duty, which IIRC only ever existed as a prototype.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on November 28, 2018, 04:36:50 PM

VEB Plasticart did a 1/100th one back in the day, which is usually cheap and easy to find.

.........and diabolical to build too. I tried to do one in an updated Aeroflot scheme back in the 70s and it just didn't fit, anywhere.........  :banghead:

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks for the answers Dizz.
On second look the Mi6 is more lavender than pink.  A scheme which might suit a Sea King...
<_<
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Spey_Phantom

Quote from: Nils on November 12, 2018, 08:54:28 AM
also, last weekend i went on aliexpress again and ordered another addition during the 11:11 sale  ;D

-1/72 Trumpeter J-31 stealth fighter (at almost half the storeprice here).

unfortunate timing, but it arrived yesterday.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Weaver

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 28, 2018, 11:42:26 PM
Quote from: Weaver on November 28, 2018, 04:36:50 PM

VEB Plasticart did a 1/100th one back in the day, which is usually cheap and easy to find.

.........and diabolical to build too. I tried to do one in an updated Aeroflot scheme back in the 70s and it just didn't fit, anywhere.........  :banghead:

I have no intention of trying to build either of my two: they're just square-section fuselage donors for a Belvedere Mk.II, since the 1/100th Yak-24 is the perfect match to a 1/72nd Belvedere. :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

I popped into Hobbycraft on my way home today and left with

1 x 1/72 Hawker Hunter FGA.9 by Revell from the sale

Got home to find an order from Freightdog had arrived

2 x 1/72 Phantom Redtop conversion sets, going to go onto a couple of Fujimi kits, one RN and the other RAF

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

The FV215B looks an interesting Whiff in a box.  Another of those "nearly and not quite" items.

http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/cold-war-british-prototypes/fv215-heavy-gun-tank/
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

From RCModelAircraft.com.au an AMT 1/25 1966 Ford Fairlane GT/GTA.

This is a better kit than the '66 Galaxie Kit and I have both bought recently.  It's more modern tooling with an interior that builds up from the chassis (rather than being moulded as a tub).  It comes with only one engine choice - a 390ci V8 - but I can see mine being built with a 427 Cammer, Super Cobra Jet or a Boss 429.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..