My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

From Ebay, Fujimi 1/24th scale Skis and Surfboards set.

I was looking for 1/35th skis for my aerosan project and couldn't let this one go, even though it is the wrong scale. If my Brengun skis don't arrive in time (they're out of stock apparently) these one may do if I cut down the length a bit, since they'e a bit thin for 1/24th scale anyway. They'd also be perfect for a 1/72nd aerosan too.

The surfboards are disappointing: dead flat, thin and short. I'm no expert on surfing, but I think that, even in 1/24th scale, they should be longer and thicker.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

jcf

The boards look like they're supposed to be "fish-type" shortboards.

PR19_Kit

Love that Fairlane GTA.  :wub:

They were the scourge of the stock classes on the drag strips back then, usually with the Super Cobra Jet lump and lots of set-back.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nick

Those Hunters just followed me home, I swear!
I have no idea how both of them fell off the half-price shelf at Hobbycraft, got into my car and into the stash....?  :wacko:

Weaver

Quote from: Nick on December 01, 2018, 03:25:17 PM
Those Hunters just followed me home, I swear!
I have no idea how both of them fell off the half-price shelf at Hobbycraft, got into my car and into the stash....?  :wacko:

They were obviously hunting you. Clue's in the name... :unsure:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."

- Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

From the Winter Fayre at the Midland Air Museum this morning.

Trumpeter 1/72 Convair F-106B Delta Dart
Fujimi 1/72 F-4M Phantom [had a 'fight' with OGL to get one of the two on sale :wacko: ]
Amodel 1/72 BAe Jetstream T3
Amodel 1/72 HP Jetstream 200

also a 1/48 sheet of RAF low vis roundels and fin flashes.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 02, 2018, 05:18:47 AM

I didn't know they did one, or if anyone else did either. Is it any good?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

Howard of Effingham

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 02, 2018, 05:30:17 AM
Quote from: Howard of Effingham on December 02, 2018, 05:18:47 AM

I didn't know they did one, or if anyone else did either. Is it any good?

The are issues with some of the panels and that 'defects' found on the 1/48 F-106A and B haven't been tackled in this kit. This I learn from the F-106 FB page.

However I am happy with it. There is a full weapons fit [less M-61 cannon it seems] and three options for finishes.

This one will be RW as the F-106B vacform conversion I have can get RAF markings at a later stage.
Keeper of George the Cat.

PR19_Kit

Thanks Trevor, most useful.

Your P-82 bits should be in the post tomorrow with luck.

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

A Kangnam (Revell) 1:72 Yak-38 Forger and an Amodel 1:72 Alexeyev I-215, both ev!lbay wins.

Weaver

Decided to hit the Hobbycraft sale again this afternoon (last day). There were no more Hunters, and I resisted the Eurofighter Typhoons and the bigger Star Wars/Star Trek kits. However I did get the following:

2 x "1:90 scale" TIE Interceptors
2 x "1:110 scale" TIE Fighters
2 x "1:121 scale" Darth Vader TIE Fighters
2 x "1:112 scale" X-Wing Fighters

Didn't get any more of the tiny Millenium Falcons: they're so small that the detail just vanishes.

- Indiana Jones

Mossie

Revell 1/144 Space Shuttle Atlantis orbiter from the Hobbycraft Black Friday sale.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

McColm

Just won on eBay both in 1/72 scale;
Anigrand Martin XP6M-1, P6M-2 the same price as the Mach2 kit.

Italeri No.1348 HC-130J US Coast Guard.

Nick

I got some more kits at the London Show today.
The entry fee was rather high at £6 but the organisers (Guideline Publications) did give out a kit with that, a 1/72 Panzer Kampfwagen II by IBG Models of Poland.

This is a new The World at War concept Guideline are trying out where you get a kit with a glossy 16 page guide to the model vehicle in question. The booklet tells a bit of the history, where and how it was built, who used it where, how to build it and how to paint it using Vallejo or Hakata paints. They plan to release 10 kits per year this way.

Also picked up a 1/72 Tatra 97 car by Attack Hobby Kits. These cars were built 1936-1939 as family vehicles and used as military staff cars during the war.
I plan to do mine something like the red one in this link - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tatra_97

Also made by Attack Hobby and only costing £3 is the resin Kugelpanzer. It's a real oddity, the one man ball shaped German recon 'tank'.  http://www.tanks-encyclopedia.com/ww2-german-prototypes/kugelpanzer/

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est