My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

From Mrs z for me burfday;

Tamiya 1/35 SdKfz 222 armoured car.
ICM 1/24 Mercedes G4 (6 wheel staff car) - this has so much whifftential.  Station Wagon, van, ute, tow truck, Pricilla queen of the Schwartzwald...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on December 08, 2018, 04:36:38 PM

ICM 1/24 Mercedes G4 (6 wheel staff car) - this has so much whifftential.  Station Wagon, van, ute, tow truck, Pricilla queen of the Schwartzwald...

Grosser Deutschland Drag Rennen Weltmeisterschaft?

(sorry to our German friends on here for my diabolical German, it's been a long time....)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 08, 2018, 05:27:38 PM

(sorry to our German friends on here for my diabolical German, it's been a long time....)

Yes.  Gasser or Super Stock class.  Maybe even A/FX with an altered wheelbase... :wacko:
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on December 08, 2018, 03:57:14 AM

The plague? You mean Myxomatosis  ;)

Nope, my toes are fine thank you. Courtesy of regular chiropody visits courtesy of the NHS and Type 2 Diabetes  ;)

Not a kit but a new standing, flexible daylight light for reading and modelling. Great value and delivery via EBay. I really needed to upgrade my lighting.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

The Wooksta!

That has soooo got to be a figure of Herman Goering in a dress!  Or even funnier, Himmler.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Quote from: The Wooksta! on December 09, 2018, 05:03:54 AM

That has soooo got to be a figure of Herman Goering in a dress!...

No Lee, I want it to be a whiff... ;D
Fred

Hobbes

For drag racing it'd need a DB 601 in the nose. The G4 was rather heavy...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Hobbes on December 10, 2018, 04:06:23 AM

Sounds good to me.  :thumbsup: ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Gondor

Decal day today

First up an ebay win,

1 x 1/48 Airfix Spitfire Mk.22 decal sheet for only £0.99 to be either a spare or the basis for the Aeroclub Mk. 21 conversion set

From Hannants

1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72287 RN McDonnell Douglas Phantom FG.1 Stencils
1 x 1/72 Xtradecal X72293 Royal Air Force McDonnell Douglas FG.1 & FGR.2 Phantom Pt4  I have a cunning plan for the early 43Sqn markings  :wacko:
1 x 1/72 Sky's Decal No#7,8,9 Israeli F-4 Phantom Part 1

Gondor

My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

zenrat

Quote from: Hobbes on December 10, 2018, 04:06:23 AM

I don't have one of them, but I do have a pair of 1/24 Napier Sabres...

Today, along with some xmas presents for nephews, I received from BNA model world some Vallejo paints (a USN blue and 3 RLM desert shades) and a Legend Productions resin stowage set for the Tamiya SdKfz 222.
Fred

Weaver

From Spot-On Designs:

1/72nd AEW Defender (BN Islander) nose radome
1/72nd Gemini Space capsule
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Howard of Effingham

A delayed parcel from the 'Big H' has just arrived full of 1/72 goodies!

1 Amodel AS-6 'Kingfish'
1 Amodel AS 4 'Kitchen'
1 Amodel Piper PA-47 [US markings either Navy or AF]
2 Sword U125A JASDF Air rescue a/c [and thanks to Thorvic for the heads up on this one!]

also some generic decals from xtradecal covering 'Stars and Bars' and UK roundels with a Victor decal-sheet I'd not got.

Earlier in the week a small packet of F-82 wing parts arrived from PR_19Kit for some twin-tailed butchery i have planned this winter. Thanks!
Keeper of George the Cat.

chrisonord

Quote from: Weaver on December 11, 2018, 03:22:15 AM
From Spot-On Designs:

Does anyone make a kit of the Islander/ defender now H? I remember the airfix one when I was a kid.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Quote from: chrisonord on December 11, 2018, 02:46:49 PM
From Spot-On Designs:

Does anyone make a kit of the Islander/ defender now H? I remember the airfix one when I was a kid.
Chris

Chris, I picked up an Islander not very long ago, box art had it in a yellow scheme. But in the box all the parts are there to do the Defender too.
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Weaver

Quote from: chrisonord on December 11, 2018, 02:46:49 PM
From Spot-On Designs:

Chris

The only ones I know of are resin kits by Omega Models: https://omega-models.com/index.php?route=common/home

They look nice but they're expensive. They do piston Islanders (under civil aircraft) and a range of Defenders (including the AEW one) under military.

I got the Spot-On nose because I picked up an Airfix Islander/Defender at Telford for a surprisingly reasonable price, and it seemed like destiny, especially since I have some Falkland Islands Government Air Service decals for one...
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones