My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

My 1/72 Lockheed C-130J arrived with three Squadron Attack update packs for the J model inside the box which was a pleasant surprise.
The Heritage Wings 1/72 Avro York C1 comes in thick plastic with metal landing gear, wheels and propellers.
The clear cockpit windscreen is a bit on the large side. I will use the one from the CMR kit.
I also got a 1/72 Hunter T7B resin conversion set with the Revell model thrown in.

JayBee

As far as my memory goes I actually worked one ofthese beasties way back in the mid 1970's at Stornoway. I thought I had a ohoto, but no such luck.
Here however is the entry for the type from "The Observers World Aircraft Directory" of 1961.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

chrisonord

Could this be a possible future group build theme. Big turbo prop engines on small aeroplanes :wacko:
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

scooter

Quote from: chrisonord on December 14, 2018, 02:21:02 PM
Could this be a possible future group build theme. Big turbo prop engines on small aeroplanes :wacko:
Chris

T65 on a Cub :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

chrisonord

Quote from: scooter on December 14, 2018, 02:29:41 PM
Chris

Double mamba on a P-51D. :wacko:
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kitnut617

Quote from: JayBee on December 14, 2018, 12:07:55 PM
As far as my memory goes I actually worked one ofthese beasties way back in the mid 1970's at Stornoway. I thought I had a ohoto, but no such luck.
Here however is the entry for the type from "The Observers World Aircraft Directory" of 1961.

Quote from: Weaver on December 14, 2018, 12:56:52 AM
The biggest engines fitted to an Islander/Defender are 400hp Rolls-Royce B17Fs which are an Allison C250 development. The Astazous in the PD-146 are 530hp Astazou IIAs. I must admit, I was more familiar with the 750hp+ Astazou X-onwards engines seen in things like the Pucara and Jetstream.

So if the most powerful engine put on an Islander was 400 hp, then a 450hp Astazou isn't in the realms of the impossible ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

zenrat

Quote from: chrisonord on December 14, 2018, 02:32:57 PM
Chris

T56 on a DH2...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

JayBee

From the big H, two sheets of transfers :

Xtradecal British Pacific roundels and codes.
Almark S.E.A.C. roundels and flashes.

I must admit that Narses 2 has to take a share of the blame for this aquisition, after a bit of discussion we had recently.

The photo below shows the cover sheet for the Xtradecal set, and the Almark sheet.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Howard of Effingham

Chris

quad-Mamba? very wacky idea.
Keeper of George the Cat.

kitnut617

Chris

I was thinking a Kuznetsov NK-12 might do the job    :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:  Maybe on a F-82  ----  ;D
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

NARSES2

Quote from: JayBee on December 15, 2018, 06:23:36 AM

I must admit that Narses 2 has to take a share of the blame for this aquisition, after a bit of discussion we had recently.

:angel: :angel:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

So I went shopping for presents FOR OTHER PEOPLE today and then noticed that not only had I absent-mindedly wandered into Hobbycraft out of sheer habit, but that a Revell 1/144th Space Shuttle with external tank and SRBs that I'd noticed they had discounted from £30 to £15 had somehow followed me out of the store and back to the car. Since it was cold outside and a long walk back to the shop, I decided, in the spirit of Christmas charity, to give it a home. I'm just too soft sometimes... :rolleyes: ;)
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Rheged

Quote from: Mossie on December 16, 2018, 08:55:45 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 14, 2018, 07:21:37 PM
Chris

T56 on a DH2...

Tyne on a DHC-1!   :angel:

Centaurus engined Swordfish??...or upgrade even further and install the originally planned Orion  a two-row, 18 cylinder sleeve valve engine, with the displacement increased to 4,142 cubic inches that Roy Fedden designed to be " a bit of a beast"
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Spey_Phantom

one small addition yesterday:

Revell 1/144 F-15E Strike eagle & bombs.
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.