My stash just grew again 2018.

Started by Martin H, December 31, 2017, 03:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 17, 2018, 10:05:16 AM
Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 17, 2018, 07:37:35 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 16, 2018, 11:07:54 PM

Make sure the Il-96 kit has its undercarriage, the original mouldings didn't have any included.

It don't. One reason I say it's a pile. Scalemates says it's EE's own tooling but I doubt that highly and think it's just a re-pop of the Baco Vaso kit which doesn't have gear either. Scalemates doesn't even have that one. I haven't opened my Baco Vaso kit yet but I'd bet real money they're exactly the same.  I got it cause it was really cheap. There's not a lot of Il-96 running around although I hope Zvesda make one some day! TThey already made Il-86 so should be a simple affair, yeah?

Welsh Models used to supply a resin gear set for the 86-96 series, so it may be worth looking for some either direct or on a well known auction site.
Brilliant! Thank you!
-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Quote from: scooter on December 17, 2018, 06:44:39 AM
Quote from: chrisonord on December 17, 2018, 06:16:47 AM
From China and very quickly too, 1/72nd scale Hobbyboss NAW A-10a. This one I am thinking of putting it U.S. Navy markings and colour scheme, as I have an OA-10 belonging to the Marines. I think a more substantial front landing gear with arrestor will be needed too. Load out could be for hunting down small fast attack craft, so Mavericks HARM's and zuni's will be the ingredients for that mission.
Chris

No need.  IIRC, the Bronco was one of those "modern" planes that could safely land and launch sans hook and launch bar
Yes, it is going to be a sea hog, not a Bronco, I think it will need a hefty boot up the rear to get it off the flight deck with a useable weapons load.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

kerick

The Marines considered buying A-10s but they didn't leak enough....... :wacko:
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

Quote from: kerick on December 17, 2018, 10:25:31 PM

;D ;D ;D
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

chrisonord

Quote from: kerick on December 17, 2018, 10:25:31 PM
;D ;D ;D

Gondor

Received from eBay

1 x 1/72 Airfix Spitfire Mk.22

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

TheChronicOne

Finally all the stuff I've ordered has arrived. This is this month's "allowance." Told myself I could spend $100 this month on leisure stuff and dumped it all into models. I went over budget by about $10, however... but oh well.

Odds and ends. Some stuff to add to my helo collection in case I decide to partake in the whirly bird GB coming up (lately I've just only barely managed to squeek out builds for the GBs!  :o )   I like the ground equipment stuff and the little flight deck homies. The Mig and F-CK-1(IDF) are cool. The IDF thing there is what I was talking about the other day, I can't see the name "F-CK-1" and think it says anything other than "F*CK-ONE".   Anyway.. it's 1/72 by Kiddyland. Kind of hard to find.  "The plane with the dirty name."
-Sprues McDuck-

chrisonord

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 19, 2018, 12:12:18 PM
Finally all the stuff I've ordered has arrived. This is this month's "allowance." Told myself I could spend $100 this month on leisure stuff and dumped it all into models. I went over budget by about $10, however... but oh well.

Odds and ends. Some stuff to add to my helo collection in case I decide to partake in the whirly bird GB coming up (lately I've just only barely managed to squeek out builds for the GBs!  :o )   I like the ground equipment stuff and the little flight deck homies. The Mig and F-CK-1(IDF) are cool. The IDF thing there is what I was talking about the other day, I can't see the name "F-CK-1" and think it says anything other than "F*CK-ONE".   Anyway.. it's 1/72 by Kiddyland. Kind of hard to find.  "The plane with the dirty name."
Some very nice stuff there Brad, right up my street.

TheChronicOne

Thanks, bud!! I was like a kid in a candy shop. I wanted to get some more from this dude because he had quite a bit of stuff at very reasonable prices but I ran outta money.  ;D
-Sprues McDuck-

Nick

Quote from: TheChronicOne on December 19, 2018, 12:12:18 PM
Finally all the stuff I've ordered has arrived.

The Mig and F-CK-1(IDF) are cool. The IDF thing there is what I was talking about the other day, I can't see the name "F-CK-1" and think it says anything other than "F*CK-ONE".   Anyway.. it's 1/72 by Kiddyland. Kind of hard to find.  "The plane with the dirty name."

You have a dirty mind!  ;D
I also have one of these in the stash from a kit clearance sale at a show. Kiddyland produced very few model kits and some are rip-off copies. I can only assume this was imported here to a toyshop rather than a model shop. There is a twin seat version that looks better but hens teeth and all that...

It's an interesting but slightly basic kit. With this model you can really see the help Northrop gave to Taiwan. There's clear hints of F-17 and F-18 heritage in the layout.

zenrat

Good score Brad.
I've not seen that Revell Ground Support Equipment set before.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

The Wooksta!

Best of luck with the T33 - that kit is one of Hasegawa's early ones and it is VILE.
"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

chrisonord

From the bay of evility,
Airfix Britten Norman Islander/Defender.
I had forgotten about this more recent boxing of the kit, as I remember building the yellow plastic version as a kid. This has four under wing hardpoints, which is handy and what looks like a pair of gun ponds. Mine will be treated to a pair of turbo prop engines, and be a medevac aircraft. Three rows of seats will be left out, and if I can find it, a plastic soldier on a stretcher put inside. Not that anyone will see him.
Chris.

NARSES2

Quote from: chrisonord on December 20, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
and if I can find it, a plastic soldier on a stretcher put inside. Not that anyone will see him.
Chris.

I think the original Airfix OO/HO British WWII set included 1 or 2 ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

A somewhat weatherworn Italeri Northrop YB-49 from a toyshop in Weymouth, where they knocked me £10 off the price '....because I think we've had it lying about for quite a whole....'

RESULT!  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit