Ace Alvis Stalwart Mk 2

Started by chrisonord, January 03, 2018, 08:54:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

IIRC someone does do a Stolly in 1/35, but it costs a FORTUNE!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Steel Penguin

Accurate Armour do one Kit  mk 1 or 2, £105
not extortionate but rather pricy
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

PR19_Kit

GULP!  :o

That does sound extortionate to me, and my bank manager I expect.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

chrisonord

Check out modelsUa.com, they are good for obscure 72nd scale armour and good price wise. They are a bit slow start sorting orders as the model shop is not his main business. He does plenty of other stuff too.
Chris
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Old Wombat

Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 06, 2018, 09:11:32 AM

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2018, 12:18:30 PM

For my money, "extortionate" is probably too nice a word. :o

Up to $75-$80 I could handle (styrene prices), barely, but $180 is beyond funny (which is probably why I don't buy many resin kits).
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

kitnut617

Quote from: Old Wombat on January 07, 2018, 08:06:13 AM
Quote from: Steel Penguin on January 06, 2018, 09:11:32 AM

Quote from: PR19_Kit on January 06, 2018, 12:18:30 PM

For my money, "extortionate" is probably too nice a word. :o

Up to $75-$80 I could handle (styrene prices), barely, but $180 is beyond funny (which is probably why I don't buy many resin kits).

Don't buy any 3D Printed stuff then Guy, the prices for anything big are really out of this world.  That 1/72 Dodge Ram I got was over C$60 ----
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Steel Penguin

Its a 1:35 resin cast model with etch detail and other gubbins, its expensive but not extortionate

the Dragon Saladin AC 1:35 injection moulded is £50  which is as close as we currently have, and if its anything like the conqueror  from the same series it'll be a dog of a kit for me to put together ( yep I have one)

yes the old Tamiya chieftain is £18
the new Takoms are £59
unfortunately prices tend not to come down quickly on injection, and as resin is low production, / made to order its unlikely to ever be cheaper
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

zenrat

£105?  mere change compared to the £219 (£182:50 outside EU) Kit Form Services want for their 1/24 resin kit.

Went to visit my Brother in Law yesterday which involves a circuitous route up The Peninsula, around the top of Westernport Bay and then down the other side.  It struck me that the trip would be much shorter by Stalwart (but I suspect not necessarily quicker).  There are plenty of boat ramps on both sides.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..